“always nice to be pampered”

The Ritz-Carlton, St. Louis
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Clayton
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Even though the Ritz Carlton is known for outstanding service, the staff was especially friendly. Our room was huge and very quiet, and the bed was extremely comfortable. The Bloody Mary bar on Sunday, high tea, and the art gallery were all wonderful. I had an outstanding experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Really enjoyed this hotel last week for business. Staying again next week. Club rooms come with access to excellent club lounge. Food in club lounge is excellent. All-in-all a top quality Ritz. Rooms are large and nice. Lobby bar is great and very lively at nigth.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2013

First stay at a Ritz Carton, and it lived up to all expectations. Quick check-in, excellent service, good food. Our suite was excellent with quality amenities. I took advantage of a massage at the spa and was not disappointed. Highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2013

It has been several years since I visited this property. I was delighted with the improvements. The rooms look completely refreshed. They felt exceptionally clean, and all the soft furnishings looked new. Their were plenty of lighting sources, so the room could be as bright as wanted. This is rare to find in even the top hotels. The linens were top notch as were the towels. They felt as if you were the first person to use them. Good water pressure as well as upscale amenities. The staff we encountered were all friendly and pleasant. I would definitely return when next I visit St. Louis.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is not your typical Ritz Carlton

Service: the welcome was friendly and everyone including the doormen, bellhop, front desk, and restaurant staff were very accommodating.

Room: I was extremely unimpressed by our room. I was staying with my husband and our room had one robe and no slippers. The bathroom was bare with no floormat and one towel each. I was amazed to find that my toiletry bottles were half empty(!!) when we arrived! The disappointment continued when I came to the room to grab something at 10pm and our room had not been turned over! This is clearly not a standard Ritz. I called housekeeping and they came to turnover while I went back out to meet friends. When I got back past midnight the room was turned over now complete with bath mats and extra towels. It is a mystery as to why my room was not properly set up when we arrived. (They did NOT put out another robe though...nor slippers)

Hotel itself is quite dated with 100 year-old appearing chandeliers in the elevators. However, everything is well kept and clean.

The Grill food (brunch) was simple, fresh and tasty. I can't comment on the price as my friend hosted an event Ni enjoyed everything from the fresh squeezed OJ to the pastries and scrambled eggs. The brioche French toast was a bit soggy but otherwise fine.

Overall the room was very disappointing and gains the most weight. I was not impressed and I do not feel our experience was what I expect from a Ritz Carlton.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed a week during the Sr PGA championship. The staff were prompt, friendly and helpful. The room was well maintained and was made up daily without issues. There was nightly entertainment in the lobby bar and on Saturday night it looked like this was the place to be after the wedding reception elsewhere. Sushi is prepared fresh each evening in the lobby bar. It is very good. Overall great location, extraordinary customer service, and very nice accommodations.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Ritz the night of our wedding. We arrived very late, and starved. We were informed that room service operated 24 hours. We ordered off the menu, not expecting greatness given it was 2am. Our amazing food (seriously one of the best chicken quesadillas and ceasar
Salads I have ever had) was delivered by a wonderful woman who was so incredibly nice! She brought in our table and saw how tired I looked. I explained that our wedding had been temporarily interruped by a tornado and it made for a fun but crazy night. She laughed and cheered me up with a hug! The beds are amazingly comfortable and I could have slept all day. Wonderful hotel!

• Stayed: May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clayton
Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis
Magnolia Hotel St. Louis
Magnolia Hotel St. Louis
#11 of 121 in Saint Louis
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, St. Louis? Share your experiences!