The Ritz-Carlton, St. Louis
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria(Richmond Heights)
The Cheshire(Saint Louis)
View Hotel
All reviewscigar barclub levellobby loungest louisthe grillfour seasonssushiin room diningsmall balconybeautiful propertyluxury hotelroom serviceexecutive suitefitness centerrooms are largebusiness tripwashington university
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have stayed at Atlanta's Ritz Carlton's, so a long weekend at the Ritz in St. Louis didn't disappoint. It has all the beautiful appointments that make the Ritz classy and elegant - paneled lobby, antique furniture, bar with entertainment, excellent valet service that makes you think you are in your own private club. The rooms are just as well appointed and they didn't skimp on size. There is a foyer with table that has coffee, tea and water. The bedroom had a very comfortable king bed with plenty of pillows. A large burl walnut cabinet contained a mini bar, lots of drawers and a 40" flat screen TV on top. There was also a desk and chair with ottoman. I especially liked having both a digital clock radio and a small, battery alarm clock. The large bathroom featured white marble and silver fixtures. There was ample counter space, toiletries, and the popular white Ritz robe which was nice to slip into and enjoy a cup of tea.

The hotel is about a five minute drive from downtown St. Louis with easy access onto the interstate. Most other luxury hotels (W, Hilton, Hyatt, etc. are in downtown St. Louis). Just outside the front of the hotel are several shops. The hotel is also only about a five minute drive to Plaza Frontenac, an upscale shopping mall with Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue.
To say there are no surprises when staying at the Ritz in St. Louis is a complement as it has all the amenities, excellent service and comfortable rooms a Ritz guest would expect.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the rear for view of downtown St. Louis and the arch.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip and I had a very pleasant experience. My coworkers were not happy because of the parking charge. However all street parking in this area is metered so a parking fee is to be expected.
The room was nice and clean with plush carpet. The bed had a feather bed topper which made it so nice, soft and comfortable.
The rooms are extremely quiet. Every night I could barely hear my neighbor's baby crying but just barely. If I would have had the TV on I would not have been able to hear anything. Other than that, I couldn't hear any noise from the hallway, no TVs, no showers, no cars nothing.
The staff is very attentive and make every effort to ensure a comfortable stay.
Housekeeping was great except for my last night. The maid service did not make my bed or leave clean towels and the items on the counter, shower and dresser were not organized like they had been the previous days.Also, some of my things were taken out of my bags and moved around. Which was very strange.
Most of my stay ranked as a 5 but the last day was weird and something I do not expect at this type of hotel but maybe at a no name or cheap hotel.

Room Tip: The Fitness center and pool are on the 3rd floor. It smells like chlorine when you step off the elevator and there are constantly people walking up and down the hall, but it's not a nuisance.
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were booked into this hotel for a local event by the event organizers. We were their guests, so I cannot comment on the price. Our stay was wonderful. The hotel was clean and very quiet, and the staff very helpful. A problem with the door lock was resolved quickly. The lobby is beautiful and the bar was very popular. The hotel is convenient to downtown Clayton, the Metrolink, and Washington University's main campus. The breakfast buffet prepared for our group event was excellent and wait service quietly efficient.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

When I found out I would be staying here for a business trip due to the other hotel being over booked, I was a little apprehensive at first. I don't stay in places like this. I thought right off the bat that I was not going to fit in here and that the workers would look down their noses at little' ol' me.

Let me tell you, the staff here was exceptional! They quickly erased my fears of feeling "inadequate" to stay here. The new lobby is stunning (they said that they had just finished renovations). All the staff from the bell hops to the front desk staff was incredibly kind and helpful. I decided to ask one of the staff for a tour so I could see if the group I was there with might consider having an event there. I was given a tour of their beautiful ball rooms and amphitheater.

The rooms were wonderful and comfortable. I had a terry cloth robe waiting for me which I used after a bath in my HUGE tub! My only complaint is that my room was not made up after my first night. I knew someone had been in there because my bath mat had been put away and my hair dryer...but the bed was not made and the towels were still left on the floor. I asked my co-worker (who was in the room next to me) and she stated the same thing, only a couple things had been moved around but nothing had been made up or put up.

I would love to come back here with my fiance' to spend a weekend. The architecture is beautiful in this area. I would recommend staying when it's warm enough to get out and walk the area. It's lovely. The hotel is close to The Galleria (not within walking distance) and I did spend some time there.

If you are looking for a luxurious hotel with friendly staff...this is the place!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This past weekend my Husband and I went to the Ritz to celebrate my birthday and to take a minication. We have been guests at this facility before and have enjoyed the expierece. This weekend was wonderful. The valet service is fantastic. When we arrived the front desk staff was a little frazzled- after seeing a visiting bridezilla I have to commend them on thier professional demeanor. The front desk staff upon our exit was still a little curt and not the friendly professional staff we are used to with the RC chain. There was one issue on our first night with guests who yelling; slamming doors and acting like they were in a dorm. The front desk did thier best to calm the group down; when that did not work we were moved very quickly to another room. Our second room was upgraded from the first to an Executive Suit. This weekend I tried the spa service at the Ritz- it was lovely. I had the sea mud wrap- you choose the aroma therapy sents for your session. I enjoyed the experice and found the service lived up to all of my expectations. We enjoyed one meal at "The Grill"- it was terrific- Kyle; one of the food service managers has an extensive wine background; his suggestions were perfect. We also spent one evening in the lounge area; it is being renovated and the completed items are wonderful. Susan our waitress for the evening was kind, knowlegable and helped to provide a fun and relaxing time. We came down each morning for the breakfast in the Resturant- Aida was our server both days; she is a delightful and attentive professional. I have food allergy and I appreicated the care that was taken in accomating need to avoid wheat. At every oppourtunity we were asked if were celebrating anything special; I was wished a warm happy birthday- the lovely desserts and other goodies that brought over were overwhelming. I was truly touched and greatly appreciated how sweet everyone was.

Just a note to my fellow travlers- Since this weekend was really about relaxing- we had no schedules (save my mud wrap) the slower pace allowed me to watch you. Ladies and Gentlemen please remember that staff are not servants- they should be treated as you would treat a coworker or client. "Thank you" should be a part of your normal vocal patter and remember to tip...

Room Tip: If you are on the third or fourth floors be aware that you will notice the humidity and cholorine from the pool. It is not an issue for my husband and I; it may not always be desrible for someone else.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple