Clayton Plaza Hotel
$549
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
$154
Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria(Richmond Heights)
$169
SpringHill Suites
The Cheshire(Saint Louis)
$135
1,000 results
All reviewshardwood floorswafflesomeletbreakfast buffetclayton plazaexecutive towerfull buffetfree gamest louisrestaurant staffunder constructionseparate showerexercise rooman older hoteldefinitely stay here againforest parklouis area
Reviewed September 3, 2012

In the hotel's defense, it looks as though they are currently redecorating. However, that's no excuse for dirty hotel rooms.

Our room was filthy, and our maid didn't replenish the supplies we used except for towels. I had to call guest services three different times for items they didn't replenish. The coffee station was especially dirty, and when we opened the drapes, we realized there was dust everywhere in the room.

On our second morning, the free breakfast was half an hour late. Consequently, we weren't able to have the nice Sunday breakfast we had planned due to the obligations that brought us to St. Louis.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dawn620
Eric H, Front Office Manager at Clayton Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

I am so sorry that we have faltered in our commitment to providing you with the accommodations you have come to expect from Crowne Plaza. I would be more than happy to discuss this further with you, and if you see this response, please give me a call. I can be reached at the hotel, and our phone number is (314)726-5400. I look very forward to hearing from you. -Eric

Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Staye here two nights for business. Rooms are nothing great, but they do have a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Staff is friendly, and the morning breakfast is included in some room rates. Parking is $6/night, and includes in/out privileges.

Park on the orange level of the garage to be near the skywalk to the hotel. Also there is ally access to the garage if you don't want to mess with the tight turn under the hotel. There is a full workout room with free weights, machines, tv's and a cooler. Good size and open 24hrs. Also there is a pool, though I didn't use it, looked nice.

I've stayed here before and would do so again. Also they are pet friendly!

• Stayed: August 2012
Eric H, Front Office Manager at Clayton Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank you, stlpilot, for sharing your experience! We are glad to know you enjoyed yourself and we look forward to having you with us again soon. From what I can see, you must have been in one of the few rooms that are still in queue to be renovated. We are working steadily everyday to complete every room, and anticipate to be done with our guest room renovations by the end of the year! Hopefully, next time we will have one available so you can see for yourself. Thanks again and we'll see you soon! - Eric

Reviewed August 20, 2012

The first room I was given was visibly dirty and very outdated. I reported this to the front desk and they moved me to a room that was a little better overall. This is an old hotel that really has not had much in the way of updates. They still have the old window air conditioners that make a lot of noise. They carpets in the halls are worn and dirty looking. Also, I could hear people in the hall and in other rooms at all hours. The indoor/outdoor pool was also dirty. I will say that the staff was very courteous.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Circelli1
Eric H, Front Office Manager at Clayton Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments with us, and I am glad that you were pleased with the staff. I do apologize for any inconvenience you encountered, but please be assured that we are currently in the process of taking on some major renovation projects - which do tend to take longer in the summer. However, we look forward to our many upgrades getting completed as we move towards the winter months. I hope that you will come back to us next time you're in the area so you can see the changes for yourself! Thank you again and safe travels!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Nice clean room though small. Very comfortable bed, marble tile in bathroom, very clean, lots of places to eat in vicinity and not far from college eatery strip (can,t remember name of street). Nice selection of food and good service for continental breakfast, except when they are really busy and they are easily overwhelmed and service/food availability deteriorates. Also, when hotel is full then housekeeping and front desk assistance also suffers.
We stayed a couple weekdays and everything was excellent. Then came weekend when they were full - housekeeping missed our room and only response was "sorry, here is a roll of toilet paper and some packets of coffee".
So the place can be great when not busy. But stay away when you would expect the place to be full.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1CoolHiker

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I'm so glad that you enjoyed yourself and appreciated the location - we love it too! I do believe you were referring to the Delmar "Loop" on Delmar Blvd. That is a great strip near Washington University packed with restaurants and shops, and there is plenty to do. I do apologize that the service seemed inconsistent when transitioning from week to weekend, but I can assure you that this is not a normal occurrence. I hope you will come see us again next time you're in the area, and thank you again for the kind words! Safe travels!

Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

We stayed one night before flying out for vacation. It is in a nice area. Make sure to pay attention when you are checking in. If you get on the wrong elevator it won't take you to your room. Overall it was a good room at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Bert0504

Thank you so much for your review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and yes - there are 3 structures total and each does have it's own elevator. However, all of the buildings do connect to one another on the first (main) floor and the second floor also. As you mentioned, it is important to pay attention at the time of check-in as our front desk staff will always be sure to tell you which elevators to use and how to get to your room. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!