Clayton Plaza Hotel
$135
Hotels.com
$154
Homewood
Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria(Richmond Heights)
Residence Inn
$160
Hotels.com
The Cheshire(Saint Louis)
$135
Moonrise Hotel(Saint Louis)
$229
All reviewshardwood floorswafflesomeletbreakfast buffetclayton plazaexecutive towerfull buffetfree gamest louisrestaurant staffunder constructionseparate showerexercise rooman older hoteldefinitely stay here againforest parklouis area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Stayed mid-week at this property.
- Parking $6/night in adjacent parking garage (as of October 2011). Can put on hotel bill.
- Not much to do around the property - fairly urban, but few eating options
- I was upgraded to a suite due to status with Holiday Inn/Priority Club. Lots of marble in the bathroom, separate bath and shower. Very large room. However, I was surprised by the wooden floors in the room - cold on my bare feet.
- Bed was great. Slept well. Foam pillow available in the closet.
- Common areas - well maintained but becoming dated. Crystal Chandeliers and beige textured wallpaper.
- Had breakfast at the hotel. It was pretty good - omelet station, bacon, sausage, etc. Ask at check-in about breakfast and they MAY provide a voucher for breakfast (then just provide tip for your server for bringing coffee and juice).
Negatives:
- They were having some college convention that night. There were 20+ kids in the pool until 23:00 yelling and screaming. Luckily, I had my earplugs.
- Cost - $150 a night plus another $22 in taxes. This maybe because of the Cardinals starting the World series the next day, but definately not worth $170/night. Not as nice as an Embassy Suites.

Room Tip: Suites are in the center tower, floors 4&5.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank bmantravel
Reviewed October 5, 2011

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Clayton and attended a wedding in the ballroom. The hotel was very nice, beds were so comfortable, the staff was very attentive. The ballroom was very nice and the food was excellent. We will definitely stay at this hotel for our next trip to STL. I also liked the room rates......very competitive and I loved the location.
We were also invited to a brunch in another room the next morning and it was very good.
I liked the decor of both rooms and the lobby is beautiful.
Kudos to the staff.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Mrskathyb
Eric H, Front Office Manager at Clayton Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2011

We are so pleased to know that the wedding went wonderfully! We truly appreciate you going out of your way to write a review and we hope to see you again next time you're in Clayton!

Thank you again!

Reviewed September 26, 2011

I guess to make people wake up in the morning - they make the window blinds so you can't black out the sun. Most people would have trouble staying awake in the morning, even if you are staying there multiple days, so this should be changed. I tried to pull the curtained in, no dice because the sides were no long enough. Then I closed the inside curtains - not dark enough. I tried pulling down and sideways, but it appeared built so you can't close them. This was annoying at 8 in the morning because I had a lot of light in the room.
OTHERWISE a great room, but not worth $199.00.
The voucher for breakfast was great - good buffet.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank markke89
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2011

Markke89,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry that you received service that was less-than-satisfactory and regret any inconvenience that your experience has caused you.
We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed September 26, 2011

First let me say that I have a background in the hospitality industry and have owned several lodging properties over the past 20 years. We booked a room at the Crowne Plaza in Clayton, Missouri with short notice through Hotels.com. Our reservation was based on information on Hotels.com web site that rated the property at 3.9 out of 5 stars. We saw a few negative comments suggesting that the property was being remodeled so we understood that the property was older but appeared to have some rooms that had been remodeled. As such, we requested a remodeled room and were placed in room 815. Check-in process was swift and handled well. Parking is good in the adjacent parking strucutre. When we reached the room, our pleasant experience ended. Room was not well maintained and had significant maintenance isssues including wall paper that was falling off he walls, HVAC unit with the door falling off, thermostat that was falling off the wall, paint on the carpet and cove base, dated furnishings that were scuffed and window coverings that were visibly dust covered. Further, the room had a heavy perfume odor that was clearly intended to cover whatever the odor was in the room. Since we were traveling withour teenage daughter, we requested a roll-away which was promptly delivered. However, it was in poor condition and clearly beyond its economic life. Rollaway mattress was lumy and I could feel the springs coming through the cover. Our reservation was for 3 persons, there were only two bath towels...no bid deal. We requested additional towels that were delivered after we left the room for dinner. Towels were thrown on the bed and were stained and ragged.

I am not a premadonna and it takes a good deal to get me to complain but I expected more from Crowne Plaza. This property should be directly competing with the Omni and Ritz Carlton that are comparably priced. However, the quality of maintenance in this property is, in my opinion, something I would have expected in an economy class property but certainly not something I expected in a Crowne Plaza.

Room Tip: Stay at the Ritz Carlton. Same price, just down the street, truely a luxury experience.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jjyahoo
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Well, it's just dated. It reminds me of visits to Grandma's with furniture and wallpaper that need a do over.

The difference: it's worth going to Grandma's because she loves her grandkids; she has old pictures of your family; and she's your elder. This place is just old and in need of a renovation. The wallpaper in the rooms is definitely from the seventies -- if not before.

It's actually clean, however. But that I have to say that is a problem. It's not the worst hotel in the world. I just don't want to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business