“Wonderful Staff, Wonderful Dinner!U”

Ruth's Chris Steak House - Clayton
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Clayton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 70 Restaurants in Clayton
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Forsyth
Transit: Metro Link/N. Hanley
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Upon entering this fine place for the first time, Mendy, was most pleasant as a host! The place was very pleasant and comfortable. We and our business group was very impressed.

The wonderful server, Karina, was so special and really professional. She told us of the history of RC and shared with us the specials for the evening.

We all ordered shrimp, salad, and seafood, along with a steak. It was a memorable meal! We had wonderful wine as well. Did not have room for dessert, but in the Men's room they were raving about the deserts. We all had a wonderful evening, and will look forward to our next visit!

One thing that surprised me is how "Romantic" this place was both in the lounge. but the dining area as well!

Thanks for a wonderful evening!

1  Thank jerrycoin
There are newer reviews for Ruth's Chris Steak House - Clayton

Reviewed March 17, 2014

What a special treat. We ate here at my son's request for his 13th birthday. Having been to many Ruth's Chris in other cities, I knew that some of them have the most magnificent au gratin peas. This location doesn't, but I asked, and they delivered. They sent their chef out that afternoon and he got peas just for us! That was just the beginning of an incredible experience. Mike was an outstanding server and made my son's birthday extra special. We had two filets and a pork chop - all were delicious. This was an expensive meal, but we enjoyed every minute and every bite. We will be back!

Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Have been to this Ruth's Chris many times over the past 5 years. Went there February 2014 and again tonight and am very disappointed. The service both times was average at best. Steaks were very fatty. Not up to Ruth's Chris standards. Too bad, no longer my favorite place to eat.

2  Thank pnm29
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I am a huge steak guy, love top of the line service, filets and wine. The service at Ruth Chris was amazing, the server and his staff did a great job and were on point all night.

However that is the only thing I can say good about Ruth Chris. As someone who eats at Morton’s and Bugatti’s on a frequent basis, I was told that Ruth Chris was on par with these restaurants. My advisors were wrong. The steak, my wife and I order the fillet mignons and they were both under cooked, under seasoned and mine was actually fatty and tough. They did not melt in our mouth and at $49 for each fillet, I was expecting perfection.

The potatoes were bland and not very good. The only bright spot was the lobster bisque and that was an enjoyable appetizer.

This was a huge letdown overall.

1  Thank JoshuaIowa
Reviewed February 9, 2014

My entire experience and Ruth Chris was one of a kind. First of all you receive VIP service from the entire staff from the moment you enter. The food from the appetizer to the dessert were awesome and the steak was the best I have ever eaten. Yes the food is more expensive but it is well worth the price for a special occasion or a nice romantic meal. They have small booths that you can request for an intimate meal. I can't wait to go back!