“Great Steak, Great Dessert!”

Ruth's Chris Steak House - Clayton
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Clayton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 69 Restaurants in Clayton
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Forsyth
Transit: Metro Link/N. Hanley
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great Steak, Great Dessert!”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

My wife and I and another couple visited Ruth's Chris Steak House last week. Once again, we were not disappointed. Three of us had a fillet and his wife had the salmon. The steaks were cooked to perfection and extremely tender. The salmon was wonderful. After we finished with dinner and were completely full, the waiter asked if we were ready for dessert? Are you kidding us - we are could barely move we were so full. However, we asked what was the dessert item that the couple two tables away from us had gotten. It was their chocolate cake - it was about the size of a quarter of a cake! We all shared the cake - OMG - was it delicious! We were so full when we left, but once again an unbelievable dinner.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank STL-Mike-Rose

“Not what I expected”
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

We had dinner on a week night because we heard that this place is very crowded on weekends. The staff is welcoming and the wait staff very attentive. Our server Loranne was cheerful and helpful. I was, however, very disappointed in the food, mostly the salad. I asked for very light dressing and what I got was untossed salad with a large clump of dressing on top. I noticed that they seem to serve all of their salads like that. The steak was certainly cooked just as I had asked, but it wasn't wow. It was like many other steak house steaks. I guess I was expecting wow. It certainly is served sizzling and we were warned to not touch the plate. That was a bit of a problem because the plate was awkward for me placed where it was. I wanted to pull it a little closer but dared not touch it. The creamed spinach was as heavy as the salad. Quite frankly, the best thing I had was the fresh berries for dessert. I realize this was a fixed menu special and there may be some lighter fare on the menu, but not sure I want to come back to try it.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank MOHagan
“Happy hour”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I went here for happy hour after hearing how good it is. I think the burgers cost ten dollars and the beers were a dollar or two off regular price. The burger was excellent but considering the price I would rate my experience as average. The bar tender was really friendly. Admittedly I was there early, but the restaurant did not appear to have any customers by 6pm.

Scott Air Force Base, IL
“Perfectly Cooked Filet Mignon and Wonderfully Attentive Service”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I recently attended Ruth's Chris in Clayton, MO with a friend of mine for their birthday... This was their first time there (not mine) and they just "CANNOT" stop saying great things about it. I ordered a "medium" cooked (perfectly) Filet Mignon with a "Lobster Voodoo" accompaniment (fried baby lobster tails sauteed in Sirachi Sauce - AMAZING) with a side of Pecan Crusted Sweet Potato Casserole (WOW... DELICIOUS)... My companion ordered a well seasoned and "medium well" Sirloin with a side of Creamed Spinach... The service from all (to include the hostess and multiple waiters/waitresses) was very attentive and thorough.... Ruth's Chris in Clayton has never let me down and now they have secured another loyal customer... WAY 2 GO Ruth's Chris

• Visited September 2013
“Meet me in Ruth's Chris bar!”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

This place is a utopia in the dismal downtown restaurant scene! Aime was our bartender & did a great job. We had French onion soup, salads, filets & dessert. The house made blue cheese may have been the best I've had in my life. Yum! Definitely will revisit!