“Great Food and good atmosphere”
Review of Cafe Napoli

Cafe Napoli
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Napoli is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 75 Restaurants in Clayton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bemiston
Description: When Tony Pietoso opened the original Cafe Napoli in the '80s, it quickly became a success. So Successful, in fact, that it moved to a bigger location at 7754 Forsyth Blvd. The restaurant continued to flourish with its generous portions of regional Italian specialties. Cafe Napoli has recently undergone a facelift and has added Bar Napoli next door. The swank cocktail lounge has soft lighting and a separate wine room that can accommodate 30 diners. The kitchen is headed by chef Jeff Davis, who has been with the restaurant for several years. Fortunato Pietoso, Tony's brother, has also returned to the kitchen. Tony makes rounds chatting with customers, many of whom appear to be on a first-name basis with him. The sons Ande and Kye split their time between the Bar and Cafe, as they are being groomed to take over the family business. Cafe Napoli is a must visit when in the St. Louis area. Some guests include Tony Bennett, Gloria Estefen, Joe Torre and Arnold Palmer to name a few.
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Went here on a meal with 8 work associates. Had a fantastic time. The proprietor (as he called himself) came over and was telling jokes throughout the night (some bad some not too bad) .... while the food and service were slow, the food was outstanding. Several of us had veal and others had scallops. A couple folks had been there for lunch the day before and wanted to go back and it was worth it.

Can get loud.

I saw several couples in restaurant and I'd recommend it for couples as well as business meals.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

You know those restaurants where everyone seems to be pleased that you're eating there? That's definitely the vibe at Cafe Napoli. We showed up without a reservation at around 6 on a Friday and well under-dressed. After asking if they had room for us, we were immediately seated and waited on.

Spilled water? No problem. Can they make the dish with bowtie pasta instead of capellini? It would be their pleasure. And all with genuine smiles. It's good service when you're wondering if they think you're a celebrity and you know you're not.

Menu suggestion: caprese salad. This is my go-to salad and it was excellent here.
General suggestion: If you want Italian, you can't go wrong here.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

Cafe Napoli had the was one of the best meals I have had in a long time.
We had our child with us so they sat us in the bar area. They do NOT have a children's menu but they were kind enough to make our little guy some plain pasta with a white cream sauce and it he loved it.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

I ate here with my mom for our birthdays. It's a very beautiful restaurant with great service. The owner heard it was our birthday and came over to say "Happy Birthday". The wine list was very extensive although quiet expensive and was on an iPad that they brought to our table. The waiter was extremely attentive. The only thing I really didn't like was that he brought a huge platter of uncooked meat and seafood for us to see the specials. I'm vegetarian and was really grossed out. The food however was amazing. I ordered the tomato basil pasta and it rivaled the same dish that I had eaten in Florence. For dessert they brought us chocolate amaretto ice cream with a hard shell and berry sauce. I can still taste it when I think of it! I definitely want to go back but probably can't afford it until next year!

1  Thank StaceyM1
Reviewed August 7, 2014

After two long days at a conference, having dinner here with my husband was wonderful. The food was great both the pasta and the veal dish we had. Service was at just the right pace. Will be back.