“Needs more attention to details”

Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Clayton
Reviewed December 5, 2009

The staff is fairly professional, & the location was fine, but they need to take the cleaning up a notch. As I entered my first room, I noticed that they didn't finish cleaning it (i.e. old, used soap in dish, garbage not emptied, etc.). Called to complain, went down to get a new key, & didn't have to wait in the line for the new key. (The not waiting part was good customer service.) Next room - toothpaste spittle on the mirror, countered needed wiped down, light switches & phones were grungy. There's no excuse for that.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed November 4, 2009

The hotel was nice. The rooms were a good size and clean. It was centrally located to downtown Clayton. We were there for a wedding and happened to be in town for the annual Art Fair, which was really nice.
The only downside was that the front desk staff wasn't really organized. They messed up on our bill and it took them well over a half hour to correct it. In the end, the bill was fixed.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2009

My husband, son & I stayed here to visit Wash U, and found this Sheraton to be a great home away from home. The front desk personnel are warm & friendly...in fact, everyone we came into contact with was very pleasant! The phone operator arranged a shuttle for us with total expediency, and the shuttle drivers were all very professional and courteous. I was very impressed by the energy they had, popping out of the driver's seat to run around to the passenger side & open our door. The room was well appointed, clean, and fresh. The hotel's location is very close to Wash U, and the shuttle comes & goes frequently. You can't beat the price/value relationship! We found a great Thai restaurant (The Blue Elephant) within walking distance. We were so pleased with the hotel and it's service, that I booked it for two future trips to Wash U. I recently called to extend our reservation, and the front desk employee who answered couldn't have been more pleasant--I was definitely smiling on my end!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank PortFamilyTravels
Reviewed July 26, 2009

My husband and I decided to get away for the weekend, and chose this hotel because they had a special: $85 per night for a king-sized bed guest room. We were right in the middle of Clayton, within walking distance from many great resteraunts and a very short drive from Forest Park, Delmar Loop, and other activities.

The service was outstanding--from the concierges to the bartenders (EXCELLENT lounge, and food, by the way!) to the maintenence staff, everyone was friendly and did their jobs with excellence. The only reason I gave the room four out of five was because it had the slightest unpleasant odor--just that room, though. Otherwise everything was very clean and we were very well taken care of.

Huge, deep pool which was very nice, but no hot tub--we really wished there had been one. Nice work out facility, and overall very updated and modern hotel. Our only complaints were the strange smell in the room, no hot tub and $7/night parking (ouch!)Definately different than the Sheraton West Port we accidentally tried to check in to--that place was clearly running down and had a much less friendly and clean atmosphere.

We will be returning to the Sheraton Clayton Plaza!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2009

My stay was fine, not any real problems or complaints, just not exactly what I was expecting from a Sheraton. I was able to get a good rate through my father's membership in the Sheraton "Preferred Guest" program.
The good: Front desk staff. Wow, they were amazing. Best service I've had in a long time. I was able to leave my bags in a secure location after check out so I did not have to take them to the zoo. 42" TV in the room. wow it was huge. Nice and comfortable beds. Large swimming pool.
The not so good: Parking is $14! No hot tub. At least not anywhere I saw in the pool area. The decor is dated. The water bottle in my room would have cost me like $4 if I had drank it. The WiFi cost about $10 a day.

Conclusion - Hotel is clean, comfortable and staff is great, but without my special rate it would have been WAY overpriced. Not what I expect from a Sheraton.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2009

42" LCD's -- the best bedding wonderful room and superb Hotel management ! Senior Management Staff welcomes customers every morning in the front lobby ! Any problems and they to help and make things right. They really care !!! Sandy at the front desk is the best makes you welcome once you arrive and went out of her way to make your stay a wonderful one.
The pool area needs a lot of improvement and so the new trent of upselling (internet $10.- parking $14.- )

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2009

We decided to go to St. Louis spur of the moment, and booked this hotel on Hotwire for $75 after taxes. I figured I would have to pay for parking, which was $14, but we didn't know that until after we got our bill under the door. I would say though, for the value it was a good decision. Both times we went to the pool, we had it to ourselves. The pool was probably the best part of the trip.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank aciretravel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clayton
Clayton Plaza Hotel
#3 of 5 in Clayton
The Cheshire
#46 of 121 in Saint Louis
Downtown
Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark
Downtown
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch

Been to Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis? Share your experiences!