“Very Very Nice !”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Clayton
Chesapeake City, Maryland, United States
“Very Very Nice !”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Beautiful hotel, very clean rooms , customer service from the staff is excellent. Beautiful pool, great lounge and restaurant. This has been a very enjoyable experience ! Very relaxing atmosphere. We will definitely be back on our next visit to St. Louis.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
RonJuneman, General Manager at Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thank you for the 5 Star rating. Your feedback will inspire the team to continue their pursuit of service excellence. I noticed your profile shows you with a horse. That reminds me to say that in addition to providing great service, we are a pet friendly hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Conway, Arkansas
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Spent one night and was impressed with staff and room, although get a room higher than the 4th floor or you might be getting a view of the A/C units.
Staff was awesome, free shuttle from the Airport, although for $3.00 one can easily maneuver the on the Metro and be at airport in 20 min.
Breakfast was very nice, although staff was business and never got recognized again once seated and buffet paid for. Internet is not free, which is a negative in my opinion but expected from a larger chain. Walking distance to many places and food, in a very uppity area.

Room Tip: higher than 4th floor and not on East Side
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the 4 star rating. The team will work hard to earn the 5th star when you visit us again. I especially appreciate you noticing our awesome Associates. The friendliness of our Associates is what differentiates us from other hotels in the area.

Thank you again for the comments. We do look forward to your next visit.
Georgetown, Texas, Usa
Reviewed May 30, 2013

First impression was they are very unorganized and the place needs a good cleaning. We stayed there for a family wedding and we all experienced problems. The shuttle service was inconsistent at best and many of my family members had to call for a cab after waiting an hour or more for them not to show up. I think I would choose another area hotel if we go back to the St. Louis area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
RonJuneman, General Manager at Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey. Please accept my apologies for your disappointment in a number of our services. Your comments are being shared with managers of the departments involved so that corrective action may be taken.

I am confident that when you return you will find we have addressed the issues you brought to our attention.
Illinois
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We spent one night here over Memorial Day Weekend with the kids, via a great deal on priceline express deals. I had originally tried to book this place direct through Sheraton.com, where they were offering a starpicks rate of $71/night but by the time i clicked through, it was gone. In the end, priceline express deals was even cheaper.

This was night and day from the Sheraton St Louis City Center, which was run down and decrepit. The Sheraton Clayton was very well maintained, clean, modern. Marble bathroom with a shower stall only and new looking modern furniture. The room with two queens was a bit cramped,and there was no fridge but the beds were comfortable. Also, wifi is free only in the lobby; otherwise they charge you something like $10/day/device. Parking was easy to get in and out of at $14/day; there is also free street parking on the weekends. The pool was not quite as nice as the one downtown--it's on the 5th floor and mostly has weird artificial lighting, but my kids still enjoyed themselves.

For a family with young kids primarily interested in the zoo, the Magic House, and the Science Museum, this is a good location. It's also a short drive from Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, and a big mall with a Cheesecake Factory. Service at the front desk was efficient and helpful and housekeeping responded promptly to our requests. We stayed on the 16th floor, in an SPG room.

My one complaint would be with the soundproofing, which is really lousy. We were 3 doors down from the ice machine and could still hear the lever being pushed and ice falling into people's buckets. From our room we could hear babies crying, kids talking next door, people walking by in the corridor. If you are a light sleeper, this might not be the best choice, but otherwise, it was very pleasant.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the 4 star rating. The team will work hard to earn the 5th star when you visit us again. I am pleased to report we now have in place a system where you can connect up to three devices in a room and pay only one low fee for Wi-Fi services. Of course, we continue to also offer complimentary use of computers and Internet at The Link@Sheraton, experienced with Microsoft in our lobby lounge area. These services include free office supplies and printing. We also have free Wi-Fi services available in our lobby area.
Vivian, Louisiana
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I have traveled to St. Louis numerous times as a halfway stop to Michigan from Louisiana. I did a lot of research to find the best deals with an indoor swimming pool. Our first couple trips we stayed at the Crowne Royal Plaza in Clayton. They have an indoor pool, game room, sauna, no parking fee and free breakfast. My ten year old daughter says the Crowne made her feel like a princess. Unfortunately, the Crowne was completely booked for the Memorial Day weekend. I did some more research and found the Sheraton had everything we were looking for. I had high hopes for the Sheraton. Sucks for us though because the hotel was not everything we desired. The price online was $71.00 after taxes and everything it came close to 85. After we paid a $14.00 parking fee and paid for breakfast, I could have paid to stay at a nicer hotel. The first thing the attendant said to us as we were checking in was that they had people that didn't check out and needed us to go to the Hilton. I was pretty upset. I asked if the Hilton had an indoor pool, they didn't know and had to call. No, the Hilton did not have an indoor pool. I asked about upgrading because unexpectedly my children needed to stay with us. No upgrades. I asked if they had cots as some people mentioned... no cots for the "Cozy Room" which is BS because one could have fit in that room. When checking out, I asked to waive parking, the woman told me that I needed to read their website and checkin information better, because they do not waive the parking fee. When I mentioned that I noticed some people had their parking fee waived, she said "I would like to know where and who you got this information from". When I said Trip Advisor, she looked dumbfounded. The woman who checked us in the night before was on the phone arguing loudly with who I could assume is her boyfriend/husband. I was not satisfied with the people in the lobby unlike those who claim the they are courteous. We were not treated with any courtesy. To me the room itself was clean, nice bedding, the bed and pillows are no different than Crowne. I will be booking further in advance elsewhere.

Room Tip: Book at the Crowne Royal which is just a block away. They didn't mind kids swimming before che...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your posting. I was quite disturbed to read about all of the problems associated with your recent stay at our hotel. There is simply no excuse for the many and varied failures on our part. It appears that you did catch us at our worst and for that I deeply apologize.

I hope you will reach out to me directly at rjuneman@sheratonclayton.com. I would very much enjoy the opportunity to communicate with you directly and address your concerns.

Travelers are raving about these Clayton hotels

Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Spent three nights here over the Memorial Day Weekend. The rooms were on the small side, but they have been redone nicely. The bathroom felt luxurious although it was quite small. The decor in the rooms was sophisticatedly neutral. The air conditioning seemed a little taxed to keep the room as cool as we like it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago
Reviewed May 21, 2013

A family wedding precipitated our recent stay at the disappointing Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel. In retrospect, it was an ominous sign when we called the bridal party (who had arrived ahead of us) from the airport and they reported that they were still waiting in the lobby for their room—two hours after the hotel's published check-in time. We arrived to a lengthy wait for the sole clerk at the front desk to assist us with check-in. Our low-floor room featured a scenic view of a neighboring roof, which was enhanced by an air conditioning compressor located immediately outside our window. While the room itself was clean and appeared to be somewhat recently remodeled, the hotel's vintage paper-thin walls and shoddy connecting doors allowed our neighbor's television noise to bother us well into the early morning. The location of our room ended up being a blessing in disguise, as just two archaic passenger elevators slowly underserved the entire 250+ room hotel, resulting in lengthy waits. Our preferred route to the lobby one floor below ended up being the fire stairs. While we didn't see any members of bell staff during our visit, one did appear as we were departing. Not to assist with our luggage or our elderly wheelchair-bound family member, mind you, but rather to inquire after we had finished loading the car if we were done with the luggage trolley that we had hauled around ourselves! Speaking of wheelchairs, the multi-level lobby relies on a hodgepodge of ramps and slow lifts, so the hotel is sadly not a great choice for travelers with mobility issues. With a dated and aging physical plant, obvious staff training issues, and several better options nearby, I cannot envision a scenario in which the Shearton Clayton Plaza Hotel would be any traveler's first choice on a visit to the St. Louis area.

Room Tip: Ask for a low-floor room to avoid lengthy waits for the elevator
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
RonJuneman, General Manager at Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
I certainly appreciate you taking the time to write me concerning your recent stay at our hotel. I was sorry to read that we failed to meet your expectations in several areas.

It is our goal to consistently provide the highest quality in both product and service, and it is vital to our continued success to know when we have fallen short of our own high standards. Let me simply say that all of us here at the Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel are committed to providing a much better and more pleasant experience for our guests than what you had the misfortune of experiencing.

I apologize for what you experienced. If you would not mind sharing your contact information directly with me, I would like to address your concerns further. My contact information is provided below.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. I sincerely hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our true level of hospitality and interest in serving you properly.

Ron Juneman
Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel
rjuneman@sheratonclayton.com
Direct Office Phone: 314.678.2320
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clayton
Clayton Plaza Hotel
Clayton Plaza Hotel
#3 of 5 in Clayton
Hampton Inn and Suites Clayton / St Louis - Galleria Area
The Ritz-Carlton, St. Louis
Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria
Homewood Suites St. Louis - Gall...
#1 of 2 in Richmond Heights
Seven Gables Inn
Seven Gables Inn
#4 of 5 in Clayton
The Cheshire
The Cheshire
#39 of 120 in Saint Louis

Been to Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis? Share your experiences!