Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis
$144
$141
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
Clayton Plaza Hotel(Clayton)(Great Value!)
$100
$95
Priceline
$359
RitzCarlton.com
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $509/night.

$144
$139
Homewood
Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria(Richmond Heights)
$129
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $154/night.

$140
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $156/night.

$119
$101
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $119/night.

The Cheshire(Saint Louis)
$161
$142
Agoda.com
Moonrise Hotel(Saint Louis)
$199
$179
Hotwire.com
All reviewsclayton plazathe club loungebeds were comfortablebusiness tripfree shuttlest louisfitness centerself parkingrhondadowntownzooappetizerswashconferencemetrolinkcampussuburb
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Hotel is a good business hotel. Free airport shuttle is excellent, and hotel is just 5 mins walk to the Metro Link to get to Downtown St Louis. Most Clayton office towers are within a 10 minute walk of the hotel, as is Clayton's main drag with its eateries.

Essay, the check in clerk, was extremely helpful. Lobby is clean and bright and bar staff friendly. Club lounge on 14th floor a bit dingy and small, but well stocked food and drink for both breakfast and evening snack.

Swimming pool is a good size, but a hot tub would be a nice addition for winter in STL (it was only 17 Fahrenheit outside during my stay)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2013

The Sheraton Clayton Plaza is a bit older, but still a very nice hotel.

THe rooms are renovated, and the beds are very comfortable. Housekeeping is PERFECT. The rooms are immaculate!

Service is always above par, and usually far exceeds other properties. Recently, Susie made my stay perfect. A warm greeting at check in, and then she not only remembered my name when she saw me in the Club, but she remember something from my PAST STAY. You cant pay for that, and the Sheraton Clayton has several people like Susie. An employee who can add that little bit of personal service is priceless, and its something that i never forget.

THe club is nice, with daily breakfast and evening offerings. It is also open 24 hours if you need a drink or light snack. Very nice.

Room Tip: I prefer the SPG rooms on 14, 15, 16....
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Great location in safe neighborhood surrounded by awesome restaurants. Easy access to interstates, shopping, etc. Rooms are small, but nice and modern. Comfortable beds. Friendly staff. Little pricey for valet parking but it's a high-end neighborhood. Definintely the nicest hotel in Clayton area.

Room Tip: ask for room with view - otherwise looking at rooftops. Not many with good views I don't think
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I live in Clayton. For a large family occasion, I had made arrangements well in advance and paid for my daughter and 10 year old grand daughter to stay at the Clayton Sheraton for five nights. I accompanied them as they checked in.

The clerk at the desk told her that the queen room had only one bed, and if she wanted another bed it would be $20 more per night. He was not quite impolite, but he surely was not there to be pleasant or helpful. Other than trying to find another hotel I felt I had no option. I agreed to the additional cost. I later checked the website for the Sheraton and found that a cot or rollaway bed costs $10 per night. It would be interesting to have an acceptable explanation for that discrepancy.

We were told that she could chose not to have housekeeping, which would save $5 per day. However, she was not told that this $5 would be a credit, good only to be used in the hotel's bar or restaurant.

The free internet was available only in the lobby. The costs in the room would be $10 per day for EACH device. Perhaps the Sheraton needs to realize that we now bring our own IPads, phones, computers. The hotel needs to offer, as do most other hotels, free internet in the rooms.

And still another expense: parking the car at the hotel costs an additional $14 per night.

But the best was while checking the room before leaving, we found the perfect and appropriate end to the Sheraton stay: a dirty diaper under the bed!

There are expressions for what this hotel does: "nickel and dimeing you", and "bait and switch". It was an unpleasant experience. I will never again ask any of my guests to stay at the Sheraton.

Room Tip: Just avoid all rooms here.
Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Bonnie350
RonJuneman, General Manager at Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

I certainly appreciate you taking the time to write me concerning your recent stay at our hotel. I was sorry to read that we failed to meet your expectations in several areas.

It should not be necessary but, occasionally, we must remind our staff that we are in a highly competitive business, where good service is often the only distinguishing feature between us and our competition. Service is our business and there is no room on our staff for anyone who is rude to guests.

With respect to the upgrade charge of $20 vs. a $10 rollaway fee, the $20 room upgrade does not only represent the cost of an additional bed, it also includes the size of the room, type of bed, location of the room and other features.

There is absolutely no excuse for the poor housekeeping services you experienced.

Most of our guests take advantage of our complimentary airport shuttle services and our complimentary shuttle services to locations within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. Guests also enjoy the complimentary use of computers at The Link@Sheraton facility located adjacent to Alexander’s and connected to the Lobby Lounge. For the benefit of those that do not require our complimentary services, I have asked our marketing manager to update our websites to better explain our parking and internets fees.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the manner in which your visit was handled. It would be our pleasure to be of service to you again in the future should you be kind enough to give us the opportunity. I invite you to call me directly at 314.678.2320.

Ron Juneman

Reviewed January 3, 2013

OK The staff was very friendly and accommodating, but the hotel charges for every little thing. We purposely chose a hotel outside the downtown area to avoid paying parking charges only to find out-$14 to park. We didn't need internet access but it was $9.95 a day. Showers very small. Hotel was clean and our room was fully stocked and smelled fine. However, the lobby smelled like sulfur or wet dog. I would probably not stay here again and with all the hotels in STL area I would say pick another.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
RonJuneman, General Manager at Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Your comments regarding the odor in the lobby are very disturbing to me as they certainly do not represent the quality of service we have proudly built our reputation. I can assure you that we have taken immediate steps to ensure that other guests do not suffer the inconveniences you experienced.

In an attempt to maintain competitive rates, we do not automatically charge everyone for parking or Wi-Fi services. Many guests take advantage of our complimentary airport shuttle services or they take advantage of the complimentary shuttle services we offer to attractions, places of business or other places of interest within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. We also offer complimentary Wi-Fi services in The Link@Sheraton located in the lobby adjacent to the Lobby Lounge.

Again, I certainly appreciate your taking the time to inform me of the inadequacies you experienced during your stay. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our true level of hospitality and interest in serving you properly.