“Great Value!!! Baseball Package”

Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Clayton
Reviewed September 30, 2011

A friend got married last weekend at the Sheraton Clayton, and we decided to stay Saturday night. It turned out the hotel was offering a baseball package. We got an executive suite, free breakfast, free parking and box baseball tickets at a phenomenal price. The service was good. We truly enjoyed our stay. I would recommend without hesitation.

Room Tip: Get an executive suite for the great free breakfast.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 23, 2011

Our recent high school reunion was headquartered here. I took a junior suite, and it was roomy and nicely decorated. Asked for and received a spiffy robe to use. Front desk staff helped me log onto quirky 'free' WiFi system - free if you knew how! Nice 'club' breakfast area on 14 for upgraded guests, and the hospitality room on 5 was large and inviting. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher is better, east facing might give a view of Washington U and downtown St Louis
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I'm a business traveler and paid for four rooms. While I was not offered a club room floor, perhaps those floors are nicer. The basic rooms are in serious need of an upgrade. My room had big stains on the carpet and the towels were two star quality. The food from room service was good, but the trays they came in were just plain yucky. Old worn out wood ones that made me worry about how sanitary they were. I could hear the folks next door who were just having a conversation but I could have joined right in--that's how thin the walls are. The only saving grace was a comfy bed and a really nice staff. Time for a reno.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Mixedreviews
Reviewed September 13, 2011

This hotel is beautiful. From the Valet to the front desk personnel you are treated as a guest. The lounge area is relaxing, and the service there is attentive. It is walking distance to 5 star restaurants, and accessible to all major highways. There are properties around the St. Louis metro area that cannot compare, if you desire some level of elegance, at an affordable rate. I was welcomed by all, given privacy necessary to unwind, and will only stay at this hotel for all my future business appointments conducted in the St. Louis metro area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2011

From the minute I walked into the lobby, I was greeted with a smile and treated like a houseguest. I was upgraded to a large 2 bedroom suite which was conveniently located on the same floor as the pool and gym. My stay couldn't have been more pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The hotel is located in a nice neighborhood and quite close to the Galleria mall and other upscale shopping malls. Our room was adequate as was the bathroom. The a/c did not work properly and when it did, was very noisy. There are only 2 guest elevators and when one of them broke down Saturday evening with a wedding reception in full swing it was not a pleasant experience. It took them several hours to fix it. Parking is convenient. We had breakfast in the restaurant. The food and service were very good. So except for the a/c and elevator problems our stay was pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Room I had was tiny with a bathroom that was miniscule. I can't imagine going as a couple. There would be nowhere for two people to sit. A few complaints - I got to the room and the TV reception didn't work. I was also on the club floor since I was a club member. I could not find instructions for an internet connection. So I called guest services for both. The answer was that they just installed a new TV reception system and they hadn't worked out the kinks - ya think they would have said something at check-in? Maybe even a piece of fruit or something in the room to makeup for it. I asked about internet -- answer was, well i think it is available on the floor but you have to pay for it (remember, this IS the club floor and many other hotels wouldn't charge club members). He did say you could go downstairs and it is free there but that is only for 45 minutes. So let's see, tiny room, tiny bathroom (actually if you came in drunk, you could sit on the hopper and rest your head against the bathroom door and pass out comfortably without falling off), TV not working and charges for the internet - great service I would think?!
There were pros - very comfortable sleep, location, bathroom amenities including shaving cream, AC system - also a recycling container in the room which shows their 'green' side.
Pricey for the value provided.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank BobbyGolfs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clayton
Clayton Plaza Hotel
#3 of 5 in Clayton
Downtown
Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark
Downtown
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch
The Cheshire
#46 of 122 in Saint Louis

Been to Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis? Share your experiences!