“A very friendly and courteous place to stay”

Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Clayton
Houston, Texas
“A very friendly and courteous place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2011

I recently stayed and from the moment I walked in to the minute I left, the hotel staff and management made me feel like the most important guest at the hotel. I arrived much earlier than expected and the front desk made a point of getting my phone number so that they could let me know as soon as a room was available, and then did as she promised. The room was clean and comfortable and most importantly, very quiet. When I was out in the hotel, everyone on the staff made a point of speaking to me and always checked to insure my stay was without problems. I left the next day in a rainstorm and the staff again went to extreme measures to insure that I was able to get to the limo without getting wet and several of the staff wished me a safe trip and, what to me seemed to be, a sincere request to return soon. Next time I am in the St. Louis area, this is the place I will be staying.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Saco, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2011

I stayed at the hotel with friends and family for a family event. The staff went out of their way to satisfy us and make us all comfortable. This is the second stay at the Clayton Sheraton and would be my first choice anytime I went to St Louis. Highly recommended

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
North Potomac, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2011

Stayed here for the first time this past Presidents Weekend. Reserved a package deal which included free parking and breakfast. Check-in was easy, friendly front desk staff although the representative forgot that the package included breakfast so had to return to the front desk to get the breakfast tickets. The room was located on the 16th floor, nice view of St. Louis in the distance. Room and bathroom a bit on the small side but clean. Housekeeping was great at replenishing toiletries and towels daily. Fairly quiet although I could hear my next door neighbor's conversation through the walls w/o trying too hard. Parking was included in the package but the garage gate was up during the entire weekend nor was the booth manned so not sure it was a deal. Breakfast was a disaster. Ate at Alexander's one time for breakfast and didn't go back even though it was included. There were clearly problems the morning I ate there. I had to wait to be seated while a table was cleared, then directed to a table with no menu presented. After 10 minutes of waiting, I got up and got a menu from the hostess stand. Finally placed my order after being ignored by the waitstaff and after waiting 25 minutes for a simple made to order omelette, it arrived and was not what was ordered at all. It was sent back and the correct order was plunked down, with no toast nothing. The omelette was tastless, horrible. At point, several times yelling in the kitchen could be heard in the dining room, lovely ambiance for eating breakfast. The server did not return to the table one time after the food was served. After waiting a reasonable time for the check, I decided enough that this was a waste of my time, so I just put the breakfast ticket on the table and left , certainly no tip was left either. For the next two mornings, I got breakfast out of the hotel, which was a bit of a hassle but I could not go through the Alexander experience again. The breakfast experience was definitely a negative and could be a factor in my decision to stay at this hotel again. It is a shame because this Sheraton is reasonably priced but is it worth the hassle of going out to get breakfast every morning, I am not sure.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Philly
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2011

Philly was snowed-in and the Clayton Sheraton was able to accomodate us with rooms and a ride. Nice downtown location with easy walk bars and restaurants. Efficient rooms, comfy bed and good shower with lots of hot water.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2011

it amazing the service staff is so courteous They made you feel at home right away Lobby is clean and it's openess is excellent you're not jam

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Corpus Christi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2011

We had a total of 4 rooms and all of us relied on the front desk for information.We had frequent contact with several of the staff during our 4 night stay.and there wasn't a grouchy or impatient person in the whole group. Same helpful friendly staff in the lobby bar and restaurant. Taylor in the club level lounge was a delightful lady.

Our room was very comfortable, a bit small with a walk in shower. My wife prefers a tub shower combination, but adjusted just fine. Self parking or valet in a covered garage was convenient and just steps to a direct key protected elevator to rooms on all floors.

The Galleria shopping mall is about half a mile away, close enought to walk in Spring or Summer, not recommended in January. There is an abundance of restaurants within three or four blocks of the hotel.

It really was a great place for our granddaughter's wedding.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2011

The staff goes out of their way to make sure your stay is extra comfortable. They always offer a smile and greeting each time you pass. The club lounge staff is really nice as well.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clayton
Clayton Plaza Hotel
Clayton Plaza Hotel
#3 of 5 in Clayton
Hampton Inn and Suites Clayton / St Louis - Galleria Area
The Ritz-Carlton, St. Louis
Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria
Homewood Suites St. Louis - Gall...
#1 of 2 in Richmond Heights
Seven Gables Inn
Seven Gables Inn
#4 of 5 in Clayton
The Cheshire
The Cheshire
#37 of 121 in Saint Louis

Been to Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis? Share your experiences!