“Expect much better at these prices”

Morton's - The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's - The Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 71 Restaurants in Clayton
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: South Central
Description: Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Everything was OK to pretty good, but at prices of this level, my expectations are high. Following a misunderstanding with our server, I asked for a manager only to be told by same server that she was the manager (what do you do, then??). On my way out, I asked a sharply-dressed woman, who looked like a manager, if she was, indeed, the manager. She said yes. So, our server obviously lied to me to avoid a complaint to her superior. Ludicrous. Manager offered free dessert next visit, but I told her my complaint was only for improvement on my next visit, I can afford my own dessert... I was underimpressed and have yet to return; there are many better restaurants in town at same or lower prices.

1  Thank Bob D

Reviewed March 24, 2013

You can tell that the food is fresh and prepared by chefs who know what they are doing. Everything I ate was phenomenal from the butter for their fresh baked bread to the tuna tower.
I sat in the bar because the restaurant was not open yet. The bartender had many patrons to tend to but she was on top of it. The happy hour specials reflected the same prices as the menu so no savings there.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

like most places in st louis the cooks suck, mortons of chicago is great as is ruth chris and porters but in this area they are baddddd

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Our meals (steak, baked potatoes, steamed broccoli, and chocolate lava cake) were very good, but given the price anything less would have been unacceptable.

1  Thank LeanneM894
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Pros: Great food, consistent and reliable presentation/service/quality.

Cons: Not much. The fish can be variable in freshness but never bad.

Bottom line: For business meetings or for a good steak/fancy meal, this is a reliable choice.