“Yuck”

8:00 PM
Ranked #1 of 86 Restaurants in Clayton
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Central Ave.
Transit: Metrolink station.
Description: Featuring local "farm to table" food using a breadth of farmer in the Missouri and Illinois communities. When asked to define of The Crossing, Owner/Executive Chef Jim Fiala often says that he is a chef that buys locally whenever possible and cooks as any French and/or Italian chef would given the ingredients sourced. Joining Jim is Chef Matt Abeshouse who brings a wealth of passion and expertise in classic French cuisine to the kitchen. Our food is fresh, organic (whenever possible), seasonal and by design very simple. The Crossing stays true to classic techniques and the chefs love showing off their skills and passion for elegant food.
Reviewed February 28, 2019 via mobile

Pasta is over cooked and mushy. The Irish GM should return to his home and take doom cooking lessons

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed November 8, 2018 via mobile

I was here with a large group dinner. Food and service were great. Nice portion sizes. I had tge tagliatelle, scallops, and fried apple pie. Also the warm cheese dip was phenomenal!

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank PandMinDC
Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

I have never been disappointed in The Crossing which said a lot because I’m very picky and coming from Massachusetts I very rarely order or like seafood here. I ordered the price fixed meel and all of it was very good including the trout! Our waitress was so darling we gave her a humongous topy!

Reviewed October 28, 2018

I am continually amazed by the quality of saltwater seafood we can enjoy in the land-locked areas of the US, as was on full display here. In a city full of BBQ, I was so happy and amazed to find a place that served everything from Octopus (spectacular) to various types of shellfish and fillets. I was lucky enough to be there when Corvina was on special - such a delicate, sweet, piece of white fish, prepared perfectly over a squash puree. Insanely good. The complimentary Blue Cheese spread with bread was so decadent I wanted to lick the dish! Lovely wine list, outstanding service and quiet, elegant ambiance made this our top night out in the city.

1  Thank World_Traveler_Food
Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

I absolutely loved this place, I'm a sucker for tasting menus and they agreed to do one for me during lunch after asking the chef. I'm so glad they did because it was one of the tastiest and best value options I've honestly ever had. I paired the beet salad with a champagne starter, the pine nuts and pesto with that dish, yum! Then I had the octopus for the 2nd course, as I tasted each element I wasn't sure for a minute about the puree whatever it was, but then had it in a complete bite of octopus, potato, and pea and the combination was simply stunning. You know those dishes where every piece tasted good, sure, but the entire ensemble is a star? Then I had the quail which was cooked so perfectly and deliciously. I paired those with the 2012 Barolo which was one of their more reasonably priced wines, surprising because it was wonderful, I definitely recommend it! Finally I finished with a 20yr old glass of port and the chocolate torte. I do wish I had done the Apple pie to be a bit more adventurous, but I can't turn down a warm chocolate torte and ate every bite.

The service was spectacular and a number of the staff, maybe the owner??, came to check on me. The place was quite full too, so it's nice to still get great service as a party of 1. The timing, elegant delivery of a meal made my day and what a wonderful memory

1  Thank Emily Anne M