“Deliciousness.”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
st. louis, mo
“Deliciousness.”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We went to Pastaria with a group of friends, 8 of us in all. It was very busy, but they were able to accommodate us fairly quickly. Between us, we ordered salmon, pappardelle, garganelli and a pizza and we all enjoyed the food.

I had the salmon and it was cooked to perfection with a great melding of flavors - lemon, white raisins, parsley, etc. served over a bed of deliciously crunchy farro, which I'd never had before. It was a great combo of flavor sand texture. It came with sweet potatoes, which were fine. I ordered a side of Brussel sprouts that were very good - tiny and tasty and one serving is enough for two people.

My husband ordered the garganelli, one of their most popular dishes (one of my daughter's faves). Flavor was very good, and it's great if you're there for a pasta dish. He had a mixed greens salad which was very good, also a larger portion, but still a little on the pricey side if it's just for one person.

I had a glass of cab that was okay, but I expected better for $9. Our friends had better luck with their choice, also $9 but much bolder flavor. I will try to add the name later, but you can always ask your server, which I neglected to do.

On a previous visit, I enjoyed the chicken entree, which I can highly recommend.

We skipped desserts at the restaurant for homemade - hard to do because they sounded good!

We had a very good waiter who worked hard to keep us all happy. He was happy to give us recommendations and explain the menu, kept the bread going and took good care of us.

My only negative about Pastaria is the physical space. Although the atmosphere is okay, it tends to feel like you're in a busy railway, station with a high ceiling, large space, and pretty noisy. But that won't keep us from going back!

• Visited October 2013

Madison, Alabama
“Worth dining here 2 nights in a row!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Found this restaurant while on a business trip 2 weeks ago and I'm still thinking about the place. We got lucky and stumbled upon a parking spot right outside the door to the restaurant on our first night in town. For a Monday night the place was lively but not too crowded. The server suggested a few things and we were happy with everything - but especially the pulled pork and noodle dish. Oh my - I want to go back again just for another taste of that! The food was so good that we went back our second night in town (this time with a large group). Everyone raved about their dishes. Having learned about the portion sizes from the night before, I skipped the kale salad to leave room for dessert (heavenly gelato in many many flavors). If I had been in town for a third night, I would have gone back again to try the pizza which looked awesome and got great reviews from others in our group.

• Visited September 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Excellent Pizza!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We didn't have to wait too long to get in on a Friday night, & the pizza was really really great - crisp, bubbly crust & a mild sauce.
The salads were fresh & the dressing tasted homemade. We were sorry we didn't get to try the pasta, as they make it fresh.

Visited September 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“ICE CREAM!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I didn't eat here, but had ice cream twice.... incredible unique flavors. My friends had lunch here....enjoyed it immensley

Visited September 2013
Chesterfield, Missouri
“Really crowded and pretty loud”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

WThere were 4 of us for dinner on a Sunday night. Had to wait for a table for over 30 minutes. There were a lot of larger parties and many with children. Our table was very nice off to the side of the room so it was not quite so loud. We were able to carry on a conversation without any problem. We ordered 3 pasta entrees and one pizza, plus 3 salads. We split an entree salad and it was done for us in the kitchen. It was kind of a surprise that the portion was so small, but it was delicious. The house salad was bigger and looked very good also. Since they were crowded we waited quite a long time for our dinner. Everything came out hot and was very good. It took over two and one half hours to have dinner so I know we waited quite awhile for a table and then we waited quite awhile for our food. Our waited was Justin and he kept us informed of the progress of our food. He did a very good job.

• Visited September 2013