“Great food and great atmosphere!”
Review of Tani Sushi Bistro - CLOSED

Tani Sushi Bistro
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Welcome to Tani Sushi Bistro – offering traditional and fusion-style sushi, stunning signature rolls, as well as classic Japanese cuisine. The highest quality ingredients are complemented by stunning Japanese décor, created as original art from Asian artists. To that, we add superlative service, always deferential to your tastes and desires.
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We took our son to Tani's this past Friday night for his birthday. We made a reservation which was recommended. We were greeted promptly when we came in and were seated right away. The waiter came and introduced himself right away. He was very helpful and answered all our questions about the menu. We ordered several different items. My son and I split a small combo plater that had nigiri and sashimi. The fish was fresh and was very good. We also had the Oh my god roll and the jalapeño roll. The Oh my god roll is served flaming which is very cool. As many have said in their reviews the oh my god roll is oh my god good. The jalapeño roll is as equally good. My wife had the beef teriyaki, which she really liked. My wife who claims she doesn't like sushi ate several pieces of the oh my god roll and wanted more. We got one to go. The atmosphere is very cozy. They have mood lighting. It would be a good place to go on a first date if your out to impress. It is also a good place to go for a special occasion. We will be going back every chance we get. I would highly recommend Tani's.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We ordered the Oh My God roll and the Chicken Teriyaki lunch platter. The suhi roll was amazing, the lunch platter was just ok, I would stick with just sushi next time we go back!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We snuck into Tani without a reservation on a Friday night and we were so glad we did. The food was delicious! I have a gluten allergy, and there were so many amazing options for me - the allergy didn't phase them at all. That's extremely hard to find in a sushi restaurant. We'll be back!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Was right around the corner from my hotel, so I stopped in for lunch. Sat at the sushi bar, the chef working was very sweet and engaging, spent plenty of time talking to me since I was by myself. Food was great. The Sassy Roll is really really good.

Tried to stop in again the next day for dinner and the wait was an hour, but they sent me over to the neighboring lounge that shares their kitchen. No wait. That was nice.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

we went here for the rep the place had as the best sushi in town
we went on a friday night at 7 so we expected some wait, here's what happened:
the place is tiny
it was packed
it was a 45 min wait for 2 people ahead of us to get to the sushi bar
the young ladies were nice and sent us next door to wait,more of a lounge
it went downhill from there.
the bar tender ignored us for 5 minutes
then another came by and offered to move us, we did, then he served us and was very nice
max was his name- he was the saving grace.
the first bartender then came by, and served us some watery drinks
max fixed us up after that
the 1 hour later, the waiting couple went to the sushi bar!
we decided to eat in the lounge,
the usual order of 2 pieces of sushi, is only 1
and the food was absolutely below par
my buddy, says his $15 all u can eat sushi place back home had better
so, on the whole, can't recommend and won't return.
i ate at the other nice place in clayton and wrote a stellar review on it
all i can say is let those who care about being seen and don't mind waiting hours go there
you should go elsewhere.