“Great place for breakfast.”
Review of Half & Half

Half & Half
Ranked #6 of 75 Restaurants in Clayton
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Half & Half is a great place for breakfast. It's a cute restaurant; good menu; and the staff if friendly and very attentative to their customers. The food is very good. My wife tried the "Half & Half" (2 eggs, potatoes and toast and I tried their "biscuits & Gravy" (2 eggs, 2 homemade biscuits with sausage gravy). Their sausage is homemade and is quite good. In fact, their sausage gravy is some of the best I have ever had.

I wish we had time to go back a second time because I would love to try their pancakes and eggs benedict. The table next to us ordered the pancakes and the eggs bene and they both looked terrific.

I would highly recommend Half & Half for breakfast if you are in Clayton, Missouri.

Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

I had a friend in town from South Carolina and we went to Half and Half for breakfast on a Friday. I chose it because of their atmosphere and reputation. I was happy to see that there was no wait (it's insanely long on weekends). My chai tea and brioche french toast were both good. I ordered a side of bacon and I could tell by looking at it that it was barely cooked. I didn't eat it. The service was slow but I didn't mind because I was catching up with a friend. It would not be my first choice for breakfast in the future.

1  Thank agw7186
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Always busy this breakfast spot has become a habitual stop for me on trips to St. Louis. I even strolled the shops along the boardwalk and found birthday gifts for my 30+ y/o dtr and two grandkids under 5. Food at restaurant is diverse, seasonal, and scrumptious.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I was very disappointed on my most recent visit to Half & Half, the restaurant that was previously my favorite breakfast/brunch/lunch spot in the area. In fact, I was very much looking forward to the visit and convinced my son to dine here, rather than Crushed Red.

Of course, it was busy, and there was a significant wait. We ended up being offered a seat at the bar, which is far less comfortable than the tables, but we agreed to it.

I ordered the French toast, which were two small pieces, little garnish (no sides), and the texture was firm and rubbery. To be honest, I would have been more satisfied with an Eggo waffle! The French toast was $9.50 (plus tax and tip) and would have been too expensive if it were delicious.

My son enjoyed the steak and eggs dish, so perhaps I ordered wrong. For me alone, it was a two-star meal, but I averaged the visit and rated it a three-star meal.

Nonetheless, I have removed this restaurant from my recommended list.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

This was second time I tried this little place in Clayton. I had the baked oatmeal and it was truly scrupulous. It tasted like a fruit cobbler but not overly sweet.....just right. My husband had the Steak and Eggs. Very good as well. We went around 9:30 on a Tuesday morning and there was no wait. Maybe we lucked out!