“Beautiful Hotel with a great staff willing to go above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable!”
Review of Seven Gables Inn

Seven Gables Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Clayton
Champaign, IL
Reviewed February 19, 2010

My fiance and I just returned last weekend from a 2 night stay at the Seven Gables Inn. This was our second stay here, and can say that we will be returning very soon. The Hotel Staff is very helpful. We arrived later Friday evening, and decided that we wanted something good to eat, but couldn't find any place that was still open around the area. The girl at the front desk was very helpful and searched the internet and even printed out menus for us of restaurants that were still open around the area. The first time we went we stayed in a basic room, and this last time we stayed in the King Suite. Being a female, I enjoyed the extra space in the bathroom, but both rooms were just as nice depending on how much time you're going to be spending in the room, etc. Saturday evening we were going to head into St. Louis, but decided to visit Molly Darcy's which is located inside the hotel. Well, needless to say, we didn't end up going to St. Louis because we had such a good time there that we decided to stay there. Our bar tender (Jason) made us feel right at home and he was very entertaining and personable. I seem to recall this about the bar tender that was there the previous time we went as well. I was sorry my weekend had to end, but am already looking forward to our next visit to the Seven Gables Inn. Thank you Stacey for providing such an awesome place for us to stay when we visit the area, and please tell your staff that I thank them as well. You are all wonderful!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shephma
GablesManager, General Manager at Seven Gables Inn, responded to this review, March 10, 2010
Thank you for your wonderful review. Our guests feedback and reviews are vital to our success.

We look forward to your return.

Stacey Wallace

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Kirksville, Missouri
Reviewed February 14, 2010

Great neighborhood in Clayton area! Lots of other little neighborhoods within 5 minutes reach. Great shopping and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank kimberlyhurt
Thank you for your review. Your review is vital to our success and we sincerely appreciate our guests and their feedback.

We look forward to your next visit with us.

Florida
Reviewed February 7, 2010

When traveling, I often look at hotel reviews on tripadvisor.com to get an idea of where I am staying and what others have said. I keep in mind that you can not please everyone. That being said, when I read some of the more critical reviews about the Seven Gables Inn is was surprised. My experience there was most positive. The accommodations were comfortable and the front desk was extremely helpful. We can be a needy group sometimes and the woman (Stacey) at the desk was very willing to do whatever we needed with an attitude you would love to have in any employee. One person can make a difference and she certainly did.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank alrightyFlorida
GablesManager, General Manager at Seven Gables Inn, responded to this review, February 11, 2010
Thank you for your business and comments. It is always nice to hear positive feedback and we look forward to seeing you again.

New Melle
Reviewed February 5, 2010

My wife and I come to St. Louis several times a year. When we decide to stay over night, we like to stay at the Seven Gables Inn. Not only is it centrally located to the ballpark and downtown area, it has the most comfortable rooms and beds we ever stayed in . The staff is courteous and the manager, Stacey Wallace, always goes out of her way to make us feel comfortable. We very much enjoy the restaurant down by the lobby.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ldscon
Thank you so much for your comments. Guest feedback is so valuable in helping us to continually provide excellent service. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit.

Chesterfield
Reviewed February 3, 2010

My husband and I had our wedding here April 18th, 2009 it was a great experience the wedding was coordinated by Stacey Wallace and she went above and beyond my expectations for the ceremony and reception, and when we had a few extra rooms that needed to be accomodated for guests that couldn't drive after the reception they made it work with only the few they had left. We already had about 6 rooms reserved including the main master suite which was amazing, I recommend this hotel to all of my clients at work for a great relaxing getaway close to home.
My husband and i will be spending our first anniversary back there this April and I cannot wait the beds are super comfy.
Thanks again Stacey and all of the great staff of Seven Gables

• Stayed April 2009
1 Thank Sarah N
Thank you so much for your comments and kind review. We truly value our customers feedback and we look forward to seeing you again.

texas
Reviewed February 2, 2010

This property defines professionalism,service and warmth all in one.The staff there couldn't have had a better attitude or more service oriented. My reason for visiting St. Louis was very emotional and heart wrenching due to the fact my mother passed away yet the way the staff went out of there way to make our stay a positive experience was amazing. Customer service is protocol at the Seven Gables Inn. I must compliment the management for instilling such high service standards. I can't thank you enough for having us.
We will be visiting the Inn again and highly recommend it to all !
Stacey Prince

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank staceyprince05
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again.

Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed February 1, 2010

I cant say enough good things about this hotel and staff. My room was very nice and all the staff were freindly. The hotel has an Irish pub in it called Molly Darceys, the food was well priced, huge potions of what i found to be great! They also have a band on Friday night, my wife and i were pleasantly surprised. We met several members of the staff that went way out of there way to make our stay there outstanding. My wife and i are plannig a trip back to St. Louis in March and wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mighty1284
GablesManager, General Manager at Seven Gables Inn, responded to this review, March 11, 2010
Thank you for your review.

We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and we sincerely appreciate your feedback.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Stacey Wallace
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clayton
Clayton Plaza Hotel
Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis
The Chase Park Plaza
The Chase Park Plaza
#40 of 120 in Saint Louis

Been to Seven Gables Inn? Share your experiences!