$121
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Clayton Plaza Hotel(Clayton)(Great Value!)
$100
  • Room Service
$153
$139
Homewood
Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria(Richmond Heights)
$149
$139
KnightConference
$140
$119
All reviewsno elevatorcontinental breakfastsmall hotelmolly darcychain hotelhistoric buildingfirst floorchocolate chip cookiesdowntown claytonflat screencomfortable bedsst louisparkingvaletcheshirelodgingfurnishings
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We booked a room for ourselves, and a block of rooms for our guests, for our wedding last weekend, and we could not be more pleased with our choice. Stacey, Gale, Carl and Kyle were so helpful and accommodating through the booking process, and the wedding weekend. The rooms are historic--but also updated and impeccably clean. The rates were very reasonable. The staff are friendly, welcoming, and accommodating. The food at Molly Darcy's was fantastic. Every morning, my 20 out-of-town relatives gathered in the breakfast room for complimentary breakfast, and had an opportunity to spend time together. It was easy for those who rented cars to use the valet parking or find a meter on the street--and also convenient for those who did not rent a car, to ride the metro and enjoy the countless restaurants within walking distance. For wedding parties getting ready, I highly recommend the Master Suite on the third floor--it has a dining room table for lunch and a huge bathroom for getting ready. The Seven Gables has all of the amenities of a luxury hotel, but feels more like home.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank StlTeraGram
GablesManager, General Manager at Seven Gables Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Thank you for your review.

We are extremely pleased that everything went so smoothly for you.

This is a great hotel with it sizes and layout for group events. Weddings, Reunions, Rtreats, Corporate blocks are all such great groups to host at the hotel. There is just such an intimate feel and setting for events such as yours and you get personal and attentive service from the staff in a hotel this size.

You were so easy and nice to work with! We sincerely appreciate your business and taking time to post your review.

Congratulations and Best of Luck!

Reviewed April 13, 2012

I have traveled every week for 14 years. I tend to have to stay in "company negotiated chain" hotels but this week I was able to stay here due to a meeting. All I have to say is UNBELIEVABLE!!! It was just like I was in my own house. The staff (especially Carl, Melvin, sharon, and Andre) were amazing and bent over backwards to assist me and speak with me (even putting my health juice in their fridge!). It was so clean, quiet, and the food/breakfast in Molly's is excellent. I would recommend this anytime and can't wait to return! Thanks so much!

Room Tip: The also have free passes to a local gym about 3 blocks away that's pretty good
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Rebecca L
GablesManager, General Manager at Seven Gables Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Hello Rebecca and thank you for your review.

We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay, the staff went above and beyond and that you will be back.

We all take such pride in our jobs and ensuring the guests are made to feel welcome!

Its only with our clients reviews that we can continue to grow and succeed in providing top notch customer service!

Thanks again and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

I have been commuting to St. Louis from Chicago for the last 13 months and have choosen to stay at The Seven Gables for the 2-3 nights a week that I am there. I could stay at any hotel in the area but because of their superior service and overall quality I continue to stay there. Granted I stay there a lot but in my 30 years on the road my experience at The Seven Gables has been second to none. The staff is incredible and always upbeat which for someone always on the road is very refreshing. From check in to check out I feel the attention to detail and am made to feel that I am important and part of the hotel family not just someone spending the night. If you are staying one night or a number of nights I highly recommend that you stay at Seven Gables.
Greg B

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
GablesManager, General Manager at Seven Gables Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Greg, thank you for your reveiw.

We are thrilled you continue to stay with us and enjoy staying with us. It is our goal to make every guest feel as if they are at their home away from home.

We all take such pride in our jobs and making our guests feel welcome and as if they are the only guest in the hotel.

Thank you again for your continued support and loyalty to Seven Gables Inn.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

Many of our business travelers have stayed and continue to request The Seven Gables Inn. Their dedication to services excellence is above and beyond. You can't help but to feel at home while you are away from home. Staff is cheery and helpful. They deliver World Class Service.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for such a nice review. We are thrilled your guests enjoye staying with us and that you continue to remain a loyal customer to Seven Gables Inn.

Its our goal here to make all guests feel welcome and exceed their expectations.

Thank you again for your continued support!

Reviewed February 28, 2012

The Seven Gables Inn in Clayton is indeed charming and quaint. I loved the decor and the old world feel. The location is great. However, my stay was disappointing.

My family was staying there for one night and had made reservations many weeks in advance for a room and also dinner at Molly Darcy's for a rather special family occasion. After driving several hours from out of town, we arrived to check in and have dinner. As we approached the building, we saw a sign on the restaurant door that stated Molly Darcy's had been rented out for a private party that night! Needless to say, we were extremely disappointed and frustrated. The excuse was the restaurant did not have our phone number or email address to contact us and let us know that we would have to make dinner plans elsewhere. Of course, the hotel had our phone number, address, e-mail address, etc., but somehow this was not available to whomever was supposed to call parties that made dinner reservations before the restaurant was rented out. For compensation for our disappointment and inconvenience, we received nothing other than a recommendation for another restaurant to try. I understand mix ups happen, but when they do, and a customer is so terribly disappointed and inconvenienced, I would expect some sort of compensation would be given. This really surprised me.

The rooms were very cute and charmingly decorated. However, as is the case with older properties there are some drawbacks which future guests should be aware of. The fan for the heater/air conditioner was very loud, the rooms were kind of dark, and the hot water in the shower ran out after just a short while. The bed (we had a King) was great.

On a lighter note - here is an suggestion that could fairly easily be corrected. I think having a microwave in the breakfast area would be a plus to guests. The coffee was put out very early in non-heated pots and got somewhat cold after a while. Also, being able to warm up the pastries would have been nice.

With so many choices of hotels in St Louis, I was surprised that the Seven Gables had so many negatives.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Tee-Moe
GablesManager, General Manager at Seven Gables Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2012

Thank you for taking time to post your review and provide us with your feedback.

We are truly disappointed that your visit did not live up to your expectations. We strive to ensure our guests feel as if they are at their home away from home and go above and beyond to provide suprerior customer service.

You are 100% correct that you should have been notified in advance about the retaurant being closed for a private party and there is truly no excuse for us not notifing you and for this we truly apologize .

The hotel was built in 1926 and is listed on the National Historic Register and as you noticed there will be a few drawbacks here and there. We definitely will address the lighting situation in the guest rooms as well as the water issue which should both be relatively easy fixes.

We also thank you for your suggestions on the breakfast. We are continually improving the variety and selections on our complimentary Euro-Continental breakfst but always appreciate our customers input to continue to improve. We will address refreshing the coffee on a more regular basis to ensure its hot and fresh for all of our guests and we have our pastries/muffins baked fresh daily so they are fresh and there should be no need for a microwave which we will also look into.

Thank you again for the feedback and please be assured that each item mentioned will be corrected and its only with our guests input that we can continue to grow and improve.