$121
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Clayton Plaza Hotel(Clayton)(Great Value!)
$100
Official Hotel
$125
Hampton.com
$379
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $469/night.

$147
$125
$160
$149
$150
$119
$101
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $117/night.

The Cheshire(Saint Louis)
$195
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsno elevatorcontinental breakfastsmall hotelmolly darcychain hotelhistoric buildingfirst floorchocolate chip cookiesdowntown claytonflat screencomfortable bedsst louisparkingvaletcheshirelodgingfurnishings
Reviewed May 6, 2011

It has been a great long term stay in the hotel for the last 4 months. A real pleasent experience. Friendly and familiar treatment, I fealt beeing at home. Always an smile on everybody's face. Old style hotel in the middle of the business center. Will come back for sure and will keep bringing more customers. Thanks Seven Gables Staff.

Room Tip: All of them are good and quiet
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank andeli673
GablesManager, General Manager at Seven Gables Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2011

Thank you for providings us with your review.

We apologize that your requests were not met and please know that this has been addressed with all departments to avoid this with all future guests and reservations. We take all of our guests reviews very seriously and go to great lengths to improve when we fail to make our guests 100% happy.

Our guests are very important to us and we strive to give everyone who comes through our door the customer serive and experience they are expecting and deserve.

We are truly sorry for any inconvenience and hope you will give us the opportunity to have you back and to provide you with the experience you deserve.

Warm regards,

Reviewed May 2, 2011

My wife and I planned our wedding on February 12th, 2011. We had originally planned one of the out of town guest hotels at The Cheshire Hotel and reserved a block of rooms.

The owner of Seven Gables bought The Cheshire and shut it down to remodel. The staff at Seven Gables called me immediately and asked if I wanted to move my block there. They even honored the rates that The Cheshire had given me. I am quite sure this was a huge discount every other hotel in the downtown Clayton area was twice as much.

Upon arrival to Seven Gable it was like we were transported back to the Victorian Era, rich tapestries, antique furniture, and the rustic charm of a bed and breakfast. The whole place emitted class all the way. We walked in and met Anton.

He greeted us with a big smile and asked how he could help. He had the bellman take out bags and even unload our car while we and grabbed something to eat.

He showed me to the room I had rented for that Thursday. It was amazing, the color of the walls matched the pattern of the furniture, I typically wouldn't notice this sort of thing, but the quaintness of the hotel really made me feel at home.

I was also getting another room for Friday and Saturday for my grooms. While relaxing in my room I notice that there were two additional doors, these led to adjoining rooms. We asked Anton to show them to us and immediately rented another and turned the room into a penthouse suite.

The staff was very pleasant and there was a fun Irish pub in the lobby with a full bar, menu, and band.
I truly enjoyed the two nights I stayed there and all my other wedding guests that stayed there complimented me on my hotel choice.

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank DonSternhagen
GablesManager, General Manager at Seven Gables Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you for posting such a nice review.

We are thrilled we could be apart of such an important event in your life and make it so memorable as well.

We look forward to seeing you and your friends again.

Reviewed April 18, 2011

This place is very charming and I will definitely stay here again! The location is very safe and central, while the facilities at Seven Gables are just perfect.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Sharris13

Thank you for taking time to post a reivew.

It is only with our guests feedback that we can continue to grow and improve as a team.

The location of the hotel is for people of all ages with such a wide variety of things to do.

We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed April 17, 2011

Seven Gables Inn is a first-rate operation. It's a lovely older building in a convenient part of town, and the friendly and helpful staff really make it sing. They were there to answer all manner of questions, and I spent a lot of time chatting with them on my way in and out of the hotel. I highly recommend you stay there the next time you head to Saint Louis.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Philomena24

Thank you for the great review.

We are so pleased you love our hotel. We as a team strive to ensure all of our guests feel as if they are at their home away from home.

It is only with your feedback that we can continue to grow as a team and provide our guests with top of the line customer service.

Reviewed March 22, 2011

Had reservations for Cheshire, asked to use gables instead. Romantic package was nice, My lady friend was impressed with location and amenities.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chiedo
GablesManager, General Manager at Seven Gables Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2011

Thank you for taking time to post a review.

We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you remember us for your next special occassion.

Warm regards,