“Nice but old”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Chillicothe
palmdale ca
“Nice but old”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This Hotel is Old! The rooms were clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. What I liked most was the Hotel tried to make up for its "oldness" with amenities that were useful to me and my family. Also this Hotel offered smoking rooms which was important to some members of the family. Other hotels in area are strictly non-smoking if that is important to you.
The Hotel has a 50's building type style to it, with access from the outside directly to your own room. Nice if you prefer to enter your room from the outside.
The rooms have iron boards, and an iron; as well as a small microwave and refrig. Nice, if your there a day or two and want to stow your favorite beverages/snacks. The air/heat worked great!
Really liked that bar/sports bar onsite. After a long day of traveling was nice to sit and have a drink and order something to eat. (very good food) and watch sports.
Gas station and Walmart are close and very convenient for your stay.
Overall I was very happy with the room the 2 nights we stayed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank dana r
Richard P, General Manager at Days Inn Chillicothe, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Again, thank you for posting your comments and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 660-646-6590.

Days Inn Chillicothe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
ASHEVILLE
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The linens in this motel are disgusting, to say the least. The "daybreak" breakfast is served in what is a bar/tavern the night before. Outside doors .... with loose locks.

The GOOD thing was the desk personnel. Very personable, very accommodating.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Richard P, General Manager at Days Inn Chillicothe, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post your review on Trip Advisor. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you in the future.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 660-646-6590.

Days Inn Chillicothe

Travelers are raving about these Chillicothe hotels

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Traveling through Chillicothe with my children and stopped at Days Inn, frontdesk was VERY helpful!! They have a restaraunt and bar right there on premices. Breakfast was the Best we have ever had at a hotel. Just a great place!! Will definitly stay again!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hutchinson, Kansas
Reviewed July 25, 2012

When i stayed in july the a/c in my room did not work very well, i called down to the desk and they said that they would be coming down to put some freon in the a/c unit to see if that would make it any cooler, that never happened she never came down. Called down the next day and said that someone would be down to take a look at it, that never happened, the Front desk lady was rude and unfriendly, but the lady that checked me in was very friendly and helpful. The Breakfast attendant was rude and unfriendly. When we checked out, the Front desk clerk was sitting down watching a movie and was rude, when we told her everything that was wrong with the room, she said I can call my manager and see what we can do for you, then she said wait there is nothing I can do for since you made it online. Needless to say I don't know if I am going to give my business to them again!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Richard P, General Manager at Days Inn Chillicothe, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear SecretService2004,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule post your comments on Trip Advisor. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. The problem with you A/C should have been fixed immediately or we should have upgraded you to a different room and I am sorry we dropped the ball here. I can assure you that if any member of my staff was rude or discourteous, it was not the way they were trained. Our guests are of the utmost importance to us and should always be treated like members of our family.

In an effort to show our committment to the satisfaction of our guests, I would like to offer you a discounted rate for your next stay. If there is any way you could call the hotel and ask for the General Manager; I would be more than happy to assist you.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay.

Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Had to stay in this place for a family reunion. No other choice. Never again. It is a smoke free facility. But why do I smell smoke when I am in the halls. The smell of the halls change during the day. Smoky in the morning and deep fryer foods in the evenings. The rooms just smell musty. Although the beds are okay, the blankets should have been thrown away a long time ago. The lighting in the bathroom is so poor that you have to keep the shower curtain door open or you will shower in complete darkness. And then you wipe yourself off with a towel that smells like it came out of a deep fryer. Yes, I feel like I am wiping myself off with a fried chicken finger. There is a small refrigerator in the room. Not sure the last time it was used on turned on, but when I felt the freezer to see if it was cold, my hand touched something slimy. Consider yourself warned.

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at Days Inn Chillicothe, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear Bflymom,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule post your comments on Trip Advisor. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Although we are not a smoke free hotel we try and make sure our non-smoking rooms are completly smoke free.

In an effort to show our committment to the satisfaction of our guests, I would like to offer you compensation for the problems with your stay. If there is any way you could call the hotel and ask for the General Manager; I would be more than happy to assist you.

Wichita
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Formerly Grand River Inn, now renovated and with new management. Clean and fresh, but very empty. Staff was very attentive, both at the front desk and the restaurant. Restaurant was working with limited menu and staff before actually opening, working through startup teething problems, but there too the staff was right on it. Manager was around the restaurant to meet customers and get feedback. Bar is OK if you like lite beer. Restaurant has sports bar feel with lots of TVs around, even for breakfast.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chillicothe
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chillicothe
Super 8 Chillicothe
Super 8 Chillicothe
#3 of 5 in Chillicothe
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Chillicothe

Been to Days Inn Chillicothe? Share your experiences!