“Business in Chesterfield”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Chesterfield
Havertown, Pennsylvania
“Business in Chesterfield”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

I had business in the area and my company travel agent wanted me to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott near the airport. The Courtyard was at least $40 more, and much farther than where I needed to be, so I selected the Hampton Inn in Chesterfield, for the much lower rate and convenience. When I arrived the staff was friendly (enough) and when I got to my room, it was ok. It was very clean, but I was surprised to see furniture that was a bit dated for a Hampton Inn. It doesn't really matter to me, since it's not like i am taking the furniture home with me, it's functional- it just wasn't all that appealing and I was a little surprised to see older style furniture at a Hampton Inn. The lobby was modern and nice, and from the looks of things, my guess is that the hotel is in various stages of remodeling. Which is great. I went out to dinner and came back early (for me- 7PM) to get some much needed rest before my appointments the following day. I was given a room on the 2nd floor, and was surprised to hear a lot of noise from the floor above. Normally this is really not an issue at all for me. (Normally I never hear people in rooms next door, or above me) but this noise went on for 45 minutes. I can understand you need to move around the room, I have NO problem with this. But it almost seemed like they were doing jumping jacks up there for a very long time. I NEVER call the front desk for anything- but this noise was sort of making me nutty- so I called the front desk to ask for a room on the higher floor because of the noise. I hadn't messed up my current room at all, so figured it wouldn't be a big deal if they had availablity. The girl that answered my call deliberated with someone else, and told me to come down to get a key for a room on the third floor. I happily went down and got the key, and appologized for complaining- I really do not like to complain, and I've never had an issue before. They appologized to me- and told me that they were not going to charge me for my stay because of the 100% satisfaction guarantee that I had heard about, but was not fully aware of. This was very nice, and unexpected, so for that, i give this hotel a "very good" rating. The noise level on the 3rd floor was minimal, I heard people in the hall talking loudly, but no big deal. The walls must be super thin at the hotel, which is all I can surmise. I would stay again, the price was right, and a great location for my appointment as well as a lot of shopping and restaurants in the area.

Room Tip: Stay on the 3rd floor if possible!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Cindy W, Manager at Hampton Inn St Louis/Chesterfield, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you so much for your review of the hotel and the Chesterfield Area. I am so happy to hear that we were able to make your stay comfortable. There is so much to do in the Chesterfield area, I would love for you to come back and visit.
I hope you have a wonderful Spring!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

We planned a short get away to St Louis for a little shopping and a trip to the zoo. My wife went to the new outlets malls while the kids and I swam a the hotel, we visited the nearby Faust Park and the next morning after a scruptious breakfast we made the short drive to the zoo. Being close to all these attractions made this the perfect place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Sounds like you had a wonderful time while visiting our area. I am so glad that you enjoyed the accomodations here at our hotel. There are many things going on in the Chesterfield area this summer so I hope that you will try to come back and see us.
Have a wonderful Spring!
Magdalena, NM
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

This hotel surprised me! I was looking for a lower price point for a hotel this trip because I needed a couple of rooms, therefore I was not expecting it to be that great. I was wrong! This hotel was very clean, the staff was fantastic and the rooms were nice looking and well-kept. The only thing I didn't like was that you had to walk past the lobby to get to the pool. This design flaw will not keep me from coming back though! Great value, great staff, great time!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am so happy to hear that you were pleased with your accomodations here at our hotel. There are many many things to do in the area. I hope we have the pleasure of having you stay with us again in the future. Have a wonderful spring!
Apex, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

Hotel is a bit dated, I've stayed in much nicer Hampton Inns. The heater in my room made a clicking noise after it would cycle off, and I woke up several times in the night because of it. It was not repaired even after submitting a complaint to the front desk after the first night. Breakfast was good, as always at Hampton Inns.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I want to tell you how sorry I am that you had a less than perfect stay with us. If you could email me at the hotel I would like to get your information (trip advisor doesn't give personal information) to be able to refund your stay with us. Hampton has a 100% guarantee with each stay. If you are not completely satisfied we do not expect you to pay. So if you could email me at cindy.witengier@hilton.com I will take care of the charges. Have a wonderful Spring, look forward to hearing from you.
Jefferson City, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

I was happy to find somewhere that was kind, accommodating to our large family and reasonably priced. The hotel was nicely kept, the pool water was warm and nice. Only issue was it was very slick around the pool floor from water sitting, but otherwise very nice place.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your wonderful rating of our hotel. It's so nice to see that you were able to relax before your surgery, ( I hope all went well for you). I do hope your able to come back and stay with us for a little vacation this summer. So much going on in the area this summer.
Have a wonderful spring!
Bois DArc, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

excellent all the way around. location was good. staff friendly. easy exit and re-entry to highway. clean and neat appearance. were tremendously satisfied with every aspect of this hotel. would definitely stay here again because of all the above mentioned items.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for you wonderful review of our hotel. We love having families stay with us and seeing that they have had a wonderful time. Chesterfield is a perfect location to stay for all the activities the area has to offer. This summer will have a lot of special events in this area so I hope you can make it back.
Have a wonderful Spring!
quincy, il, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Hotel staff were very friendly. They even called after I arrived in my room to see if we needed anything else. Hotel location was convenient for where we needed to be the next day. Close to a mall and several places to eat. Not too far from downtown St. Louis. Breakfast left a little to be desired at least the omelet I had, but there was lots to choose from. Very satisfied with our stay here.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Cindy W, Manager at Hampton Inn St Louis/Chesterfield, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
We are so glad to hear that you were happy with your stay with us. We strive to make every guest feel happy and comfortable. The area offers so much to do now. This summer will bring concerts, The Taste of St. Louis and new stores in our already awesome outlet malls.
Hope that you find your way back here to stay with us.
Have a wonderful weekend!