“Not Bad - For A Super 8”

Hampton Inn St Louis/Chesterfield
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Chesterfield
Peoria, Illinois
“Not Bad - For A Super 8”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stay at Hampton Inns every week, and 95% of the time, I enjoy the experience. I walked into the lobby at this hotel at 6 PM, and assumed positioned 4 in a line that moved at the speed of smell! Only one person working the front desk at the peek of check in time - inexcusable.

The hotel is being renovated - the lobby floor is bare concrete, there are parts of the hallway floor with tile, parts are just bare. My room was dated and some of the workmanship in the bathroom looked like a high school shop class did the work. The water pressure in the shower was extremely low, hardly sufficient for a good shower.

I paid $154 for a real crummy experience, and left feeling taken advantage of. I am supposedly a Hampton "gold" member, but after this experience, I hardly feel special. BTW - there is a very nice Hampton Inn in Chesterfield by Spirit airport, I don't want to disparage that propery, also a wonderful Drury Plaza just south of this Hampton, both were full, so I "settled" - never again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chuck M, General Manager at Hampton Inn St Louis/Chesterfield, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are glad you chose our hotel during your stay here and we are very sorry that you ran into problems during your stay. We apologize for the inconvenience our renovation has caused – when it is finished our hotel will be much improved. This renovation will also include guest rooms, lobby, breakfast and improved fitness center. We hope the next time you are in the area you will stay with us again so we can have another chance at showing you what our warm Hamptonality is all about. Please feel free to contact me directly @ chuck.meckfessel@hilton.com

Chuck Meckfessel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This hotel is decent. It seems to be older and there isn't much fancy here, but it was clean and it was located close to a ton of stuff. The other Hampton in Chesterfield is much nicer and not very far away, so I would stay there if I am in this area again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tracey1017
Chuck M, General Manager at Hampton Inn St Louis/Chesterfield, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including items of opportunity. I apologize your stay was just OK. We are currently undergoing renovations of the lobby, breakfast, fitness center and a new boardroom. I do hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again.

Should you have any further concerns or additional comments, please let me know. I can be reached by email at chuck.meckfessel@hilton.com , by phone at 636.537.2500 or, if you prefer, I would be happy to call you at your convenience.

General manager
Gainesville, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights on Sept. 17-18, 2012.

1) I had a room on the third floor that faced the back of the hotel property. The room was quiet and I did not hear any road noise, nor did I hear guests in the adjoining rooms. Those are the highlights of my stay.

2) When I entered the hotel the lady at the front desk was friendly and quickly had me checked in. The lobby and front desk area is about the only thing that resembled any other Hampton Inn that I have stayed at within the past three months.

3) My room was semi-cleaned. The carpet was a little worn, the bathroom fixtures seemed non-uniform and out of place. It just seemed that things did not match and the room was a combination of styles from multiple decades. The room was basically outdated. Instead of the year 2012, I felt like I was back in 1982. A good year for baseball in St. Louis, but I was quickly disappointed with this Hampton Inn. I had pre-paid my reservation and I knew there was no way of getting out of my reservation. I quickly dropped off my bags and went site seeing.

4) The outdated light fixture in the bathroom kept flickering like a strobe light. Once again, style from the 1970s. It was very irritating. The next morning I noticed that the shower pressure was very low and there was mold on the caulk lines in the enclosed shower stall in several places. This really made me feel uneasy. I voiced my complaints to the hotel front desk employee on Sept. 18, 2012. He did seem concerned and wrote down my complaints. However, he said that since I had pre-paid my reservation there was not much he could do. What? How about fixing the water pressure and cleaning the shower stall with some bleach.

5) The "free" breakfast was the typical food items that are served at all Hampton Inns, but this place seemed a bit unorganized and food items were not kept stocked. I had to go to the front desk and tell them that they were out of coffee creamers. There was food on the floors and tables which seemed to be there for quite a while. Like my room, the breakfast area had an "untidy" appearance and was a bit offsetting to me.

6) The hotel is located in a nice section of Chesterfield, MO., with easy access to Highway 40 and Olive Street. The area seemed pretty safe to me and there were several restaurants in the area.

7) The hotel front desk employees that I spoke with were very friendly and seemed to care, but I was disappointed that I had stayed at this Hilton-chain property. As a Hilton Honors member, this was the worst Hilton-chain property that I have stayed at within the past three months. At this time, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Chuck M, Manager at Hampton Inn St Louis/Chesterfield, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We value your candor, and I’m sorry to hear that your experience was less than satisfactory. We want every guest at our hotel has a comfortable and enjoyable stay. I’m sorry that this was not the case with you. We are currently going to be renovating the lobby and breakfast which will be done by the end of the year followed by all of our rooms. I hope that you will come back to the area and give us the opportunity to change your opinion and let you know how much we really do value all of guests. .

Again, thank you for the review. We really do appreciate feedback. It lets us know what we are doing right and where we need to improve.

Should you have any further concerns or additional comments, please let me know. I can be reached by email at chuck.meckfessel@hilton.com, by phone at 636.537.2500 or, if you prefer, I would be happy to call you at your convenience.
Budapest
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We often stay in Hampton Inns because we find them generally to be great. This one was no exception. Our room was comfortable, clean, and quiet - despite being very close to the interstate. We found the staff to be friendly and accomadating. There are many good places to eat close by - and a big shopping area. The only reason I could not give this hotel a '5' was because breakfast was a bit lacking. The hot food was cool, the oatmeal undercooked and cool, the hot water for tea was not hot, the waffle batter had run out, and the one waffle that we managed to eek out stuck to waffle iron. The person servicing the breakfast room was not visible and the desk clerk was busy with other guests so we didn't bother him.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Chuck M, General Manager at Hampton Inn St Louis/Chesterfield, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for letting me know about the great service you had here It is very gratifying to know we gave you a great Service....that's our goal! I am sorry that you did not have a great experience at breakfast. I am in the process of retraining my breakfast staff to make sure no one has a bad experience.

thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again on our arrivals list soon!
Highland Park, New Jersey
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed here during a brief visit, and found the staff extraordinarily pleasant and accommodating. Without exception, every one of the staff showed an interest in making our stay more comfortable. The hotel was quiet, clean and convenient. We highly recommend it for business or family stays.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank HighlandParkCrew
Chuck M, General Manager at Hampton Inn St Louis/Chesterfield, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I glad that you enjoyed your stay with and I appreciate your feedback. I hope that if you are in the Chesterfield area that you'll stay wih us again. We look forward to providing you with a great stay.

Kansas City
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I spent one night here. The check in was smooth. Room was fine, I appreciated having the sofa and King sized bed. Only negative in the room was that when you're sitting on the sofa, viewing the TV is uncomfortable because it's too far to the right. If you're on the left side of the sofa, the closed gets in way of the view. Not a major point, but dropped it from a 5 to a 4 for me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I glad that you enjoyed your stay with and I appreciate your feedback. I look forward to seeing you again in the future

Missouri
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I have to agree with Traveller602_12. The air in the hotel was moldy. We must have stayed there at the same time. It was hard to sleep because of the smell and the damp feeling of the room. It looked clean except for some small stains on one of the pillow cases. I wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chuck M, General Manager at Hampton Inn St Louis/Chesterfield, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including items of opportunity. I apologize your stay was less than 100%. I have shared your review with our Maintance team to ensure that this is not an issue in the future. I do hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again.

Hampton Inn- Chesrtefield