“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Chesterfield
Springfield, United States
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

The hotel was clean, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was very close to highway 40/64, making getting in and out of the city easy. I will definitely stay here the next time I am in the St. Louis area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review your stay with us. I appreciate the kind words about the hotel and the staff. We do have a great team here in Chesterfield and will make sure I share your kind words.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please email me at Travis.Young@hilton.com. Thank you so much for your time and have a great day today.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Location is fabulous right off highway 40, however- this comes with a price of having a LOUD room with traffic all night long. I stayed a few nights during the week and returned for 3 nights the following weekend. The first stay I was upgraded to a suite on the 4th floor with an even number and it was next to the technical room. I got an hour sleep between all the noise from the technical room (it was SO loud!) and the traffic. So when I returned the following weekend, I asked for a room on the odd number side, away from the technical room. Our room faced the back parking lot, but the traffic noise was still SO loud! If you have a noise maker, I recommend bringing one. Also, the rooms feel "old" and are in need of a MAJOR face lift. The bathroom tiles are cracked, bathtubs are dingy and in need of TLC, some towels are dark white and they are all awful- very cheap. The rooms feel like a 2 star hotel (and I was in the suites each visit). All Hilton Garden Inn's went through a re-vamp of their lobby's, so you walk in and it is beautiful! But then you get to your room with much disappointment. Front desk staff also seems to be annoyed at any request you have. From a request to check in early to an upgraded room to using their scissors and tape (was there for a baby shower and worked on presents in lobby, right by front desk), you would have thought I was asking for a 50% off discount. One clerk didn't want to upgrade me to a suite. I asked if they were available. She kept saying that they were more expensive. I reminded her twice that I was only asking because I was a hilton honors member and it's never a problem, anywhere else I stay- even full Hiltons. She huffed and gave me a suite, but acted as though she was doing me a favor. One morning I went down for coffee at 5:45am and the front desk was getting coffee out. I smiled and asked when it would be ready, she HUFFED and in a sharp tone told me I'd have to wait, it would be about 20 minutes. I understand she was getting the table set up and I was ok with that, I was just asking. The front desk staff is very testy. I have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Winghaven (O'Fallon, MO) and it was FABULOUS. I stayed for a week one time. I had no complaints. It's a fresher, newer hotel and the staff was amazing. The one bright spot with the staff at this Hotel, in Chesterfield, was the waitress in the dinning room in the mornings was SOOO friendly, hard working and helpful. Every morning I had breakfast there and she worked so hard when they were busy, I was impressed and she did it all with a smile. She also walked up to me the morning I was waiting for the coffee in the morning and came out with a carafe for me to fill 3 of the 4 cups I needed. It was above and beyond customer service. She should be running this hotel!!! I wish I got her name, but she's there every morning. Can't miss her contagious, positive energy.

Room Tip: Bring a Noise Maker
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mjr06
travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review your recent stays with us. I do apologize for the issues you encountered with the staff and your room. We do try and take care of all of our guests, especially our Hilton Honors members. Depending on availability over the duration of stays, we do try and honor upgrades. This is not a typical response we receive about our staff at our hotel and I do apologize. This will be investigated further. I do appreciate the comments about our morning server. It is great to hear and she is someone who we truly value at our hotel.

Our rooms are looking at a potential renovation in the near future and do hope you come back and check out the new furniture in down the road.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or when you are ready to give us another chance in the future, please contact me at Travis.Young@hilton.com. Thank you so much for your time and have a great day today.
Bartlett, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

The room was nice and the outside of the entryway needed some cleaning attention. Expect to pay for breakfast instead of expecting it to be included. Lots of nice shopping in the area and nice area to visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review our hotel. I appreciate the kind comments about the hotel and the staff here. The shopping has doubled within the past few months with the opening of two outlet malls within 4 miles of us. On top of the Chesterfield Mall and 2.5 mile long strip mall, Chesterfield Valley seems to be coming a Shopping Haven! I apologize for the issue with the breakfast not being complimentary. It is something we pride ourselves in the made to order breakfast and whatever you want made for you can be done. Whether an egg white omelet with all the veggies to french toast to poached eggs, all can be done for you on the spot.

I do hope you give us another chance in the future. If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Travis.Young@hilton.com. Thank you for your time and have a great day today.
Wildwood, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I work for a medical device company in Chesterfield and we have used the Hilton Garden Inn two years in a row for our National Sales Meetings. Bree Mendolia is the Hilton representative who I have worked with, both years. She has gone above and beyond for our company and our sales reps have really enjoyed their stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel for any type of business function, you may have. Thank you, Bree! Keep up the great work.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review your experience with us. I really do appreciate the kind words you mentioned about Bree. She is a huge asset to our team and continuously goes above and beyond our guest's expectations. I am glad you have been able to find a home for your annual conventions and excited that you have developed such a great relationship with our hotel and especially Bree.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Travis.Young@Hilton.com. Thank you so much for your time and have a great day today!
JO MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We have stayed at this property multiple times. Our stays have always been superb. The hot tub and pool are awesome to relax in after a long day of travel. On our most recent stay we had a slight noise issue with our room. We were placed on the side closest to the interstate so the road noise was an issue. We were originally scheduled to be placed in a room on the other side of the hotel. I went back down to the front desk aster about 15 minutes to ask if we could be moved to the other side of the hotel where our original room was supposed to be. The front desk clerk tried to be friendly but gave me a "nope, sorry there is nothing we can do". Very disappointing from this hotel. Sadly to say, we didn't have a very good nights sleep due to the noise and it affected my son's performance at his ball games due to his lack of sleep. After being repeat guests, we will probably choose to stay at a different hotel when we go back. Other than this small latest issue, the hotel has always been absolutely wonderful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to come to Trip Advisor to review your most recent stay with us. I do apologize for the issue you encountered with the road noise. We do try and honor as many requests as we can and apologize this was not evident during your stay with us. I do hope you give us another chance when you are in the area.

When you are ready to book your reservation, drop me an email at Travis.Young@hilton.com. I will personally make sure we get you on the right side and the right room during your stay with us. I do appreciate the feedback and hope we see you again soon. Thank you for your time and have a great day today.
Cancun
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

It is just a same hotel as all Hilton garden inns a little older looking but its clean and safe to say it is ok for few nights, there are more hotels around and I could have chosen a better one but because I have Hilton frequent customer points thingy I went for this one. Am I regretting it? No will I book it again? No.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to coming to TripAdvisor to review your stay at our hotel. I saw we fell a little bit short in the fact you would not return to our property. You did happen to mention it was clean and safe and I am glad you felt comfortable at our hotel. Was there anything specific that would not bring you back to our hotel? Any assistance on how we could improve would be greatly appreciated.

If you had a few moments and could contact me at Travis.Young@hilton.com, I would be very appreciative. We always want to improve and hope you do give us another chance in the future. Thank you so much for your time and have a great day today.
Bellevue, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

This was one of the best stay I have had in a hotel and I travel very often. If this hotel was even slightly out of the way I would drive to it to stay with the great staff and amenities. The shuttle was prepared to take us to a nearby restaurant but instead we stayed and ate at the restaurant in the hotel. The Chef was OUTSTANDING!! for dinner and there to make us a great breakfast in the morning. The Bartender, waitress and general hotel staff were always finding ways to make our stay great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review your recent stay with us. I appreciate the kind words about the hotel and the staff. It does mean a lot and will make sure this is shared. Even with all the variety in restaurants here in Chesterfield Valley, we do have a great staff oevr there that does a great job with our menu. I am glad you had a chance to enjoy both breakfast and dinner over there.