“Another Good Stay”

Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Chesterfield
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This hotel is always clean and the staff is always to go above and beyond to make sure your stay is comfortable and relaxing. The in-room dining was very good and brought in a timely manner. It's also nice that the front desk offers you a couple bottles of water upon check in after a long day of sight seeing.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor and reviewing your recent stay with us. I appreciate the kind words about the staff and the hotel. We do like to give out the bottles of water to our HHonors members when they arrive. It is a great loyalty program and have many partcipants that stay at our hotel.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything i can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Travis.Young@hilton.com. Thank you so much for your time and have a great day today.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We were is the area for a weekend baseball tournament. We were treated like family. Every member of the staff seemed honestly concerned that we were having a "good time". They also didn't mind having (grand)children around. In fact, the front desk gave them M&M's when they saw them. The breakfast and the waitress and cooks were fantastic. The cooks hand delivered your omelets, and the waitress served you like you were the only customer. I would not hesitate to return and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review our hotel. Thank you so much for the kind words from your stay over the recent baseball tournament weekend. The made to order breakfast is one that our guests love. I am excited to hear that not only was the food good, but delivered with great service. We have an amazing staff at the hotel and glad that was seen throughout your stay with us.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or when you are ready to come back, please let me know at Travis.Young@hilton.com. Thank you so much for your time and hope you have a great day today!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had an amazing stay there! We did stay 10 nights and enjoyed every moment. The staff was helpful and very nice. The room was quite big and the hotel has every service you need (free wifi, gym, pool). We absolutely recommend it!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review your recent stay with us. I appreciate the kind comments about the hotel as well as the staff. I am glad that we could meet your expectations of Hilton. It really does mean a lot and I will make sure that this is shared with our staff.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Travis.Young@Hilton.com. Thank you so much for your time and have a great day today.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

One of the best hotels I’ve ever discovered, and worth every penny. My nine-year-old son and his mom had recently relocated to the St. Louis area, and I chose the Hilton Garden Inn based not only on its reviews, but its proximity to his new house. We were both pleasantly surprised at every turn! The Chesterfield Mall is three minutes away; both Six Flags and downtown St. Louis are about 25 minutes away. Replacing his day camp experience for a few days, my son and I spent gloriously relaxing time in the room, lobby, and pool—I won’t hesitate to stay here again.
The front desk clerks were always well-dressed and made eye contact with everyone who passed through the lobby. Maintenance workers and breakfast servers struck up appropriate and friendly conversation with us both; it was a pleasure to have people be genuinely interested in what we were up to, and what fun we were planning. Short of one boutique hotel experience in Boston, I have NEVER experienced such genuine customer service and good cheer from hotel staff!
The room was a single king, and came with a pull-out couch I hadn’t noticed listed on the room description on the website. It was clean, tidy, and well-stocked (HD TV, desk, coffee table, microwave, fridge, coffee cups and maker, glasses, two phones, plenty of outlets, quality soap and shampoo). The bed was very comfortable—more than I anticipated! A cool alarm clock was easy to program, and the shower head was an adjustable massager type that was very nice as well. We cranked the AC as the temps rose outside, and the place became quite an oasis in the July heat. Hooking up a gaming system to the TV was a breeze, too.
Did I say clean? On the Friday afternoon I arrived, apologetic signs were posted in hallways, as they were having the carpets deep-cleaned by a private company—a great sign! Hallway rugs looked brand new when the crew was done their work. My son preferred the stairs over the elevator, and the carpet in both stairwells looked well-cleaned also. The décor in the lobby is itself phenomenal, making for a very inviting breakfast experience (ten bucks for All You Can Eat, including eggs-to-order, bacon and sausage, biscuits and gravy, and a host of cereals, breads, and juices can’t be beat!). The fruited water and coffee/tea bar in the lobby was always fresh and handy, as was the pantry with ‘reasonably’ priced snacks and such ($1.75 for a bottle of soda).
The pool and hot tub were wonderful as well: clean, appropriately chlorinated (in my opinion), and just deep enough for splashing around and short laps (3 ½’ to 5 ½’ or so). The hot tub was probably around 100 degrees; my son was not the only kid I saw enjoying the bubbles (fifteen minute timer). The pool deck had tables and chairs that were clean and sharp, too. The ceiling-to-floor windows looking out the back of the hotel made the tub even more enjoyable. The parking lot was well-lit, and there was no shortage of empty spots, even when the hotel seemed full. Also outside, a designated smoking area had lots of comfortable tables and chairs with sun umbrellas, creating a nice patio area for relaxing. The highway is pretty close to the Hilton Garden Inn—enough that one can hear it when outside, but not much else. The back of the hotel faces a tall grassy mound, hiding this place well from suburban sprawl and industrial areas.
In all, I actually can’t believe I found such a perfect place for my son and me to spend time, on our first visit together in Missouri. While some reviews describe this hotel as less-than-kid-friendly, I’d respectfully disagree: I saw another few kids carrying a N64 to their room, and found on a few occasions some other families enjoying the pool. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this place to families, couples, or business travelers—the place is designed in such a way as to be accommodating to many types of travelers. This was the first time my son and I spent time together in Missouri, but it surely won’t be our last! “Dad, you HAVE to stay here again. This place is awesome!” I agree! Thanks for a wonderful time, Hilton Garden Inn!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review our hotel. I am blown away by the kind words about the hotel, the staff and the area around us. I will make sure this gets passed around the to the staff in every department. I am glad to hear we could meet your expectations of Hilton not just in the quality of the hotel, but in the quality of the staff. We do try and make sure each of our guests have a great experience with us and I am glad you were able to have this great experience.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We found this hotel on hotwire.com. The hotel staff was very friendly and the location of the hotel was perfect to view Chesterfield Mall's 4th of July fireworks. The breakfast bar looked very good, however it is not included in the price of the hotel room. High-speed internet included and a nice perk. I will have to remember this hotel the next time I'm in the St. Louis area for the 4th of July.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review our hotel. I appreciate the kind words about the staff and the hotel. The amount of shopping and restaurants around us is pretty crazy. On top of what is here now, two more outdoor malls are being built and will be opened within the month.

I do apologize about the breakfast options. Our breakfast is different than that of the normal continental breakfast at other hotels. We offer whatever you would like made for you and as much of it you want. We also have great rates that include breakfast for everyone in the room and 12 and under eat free.

I do hope you come see us again. If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Travis.Young@hilton.com. Thank you for your time and have a great day today.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They made you feel like your very important. The wireless internet service in the room was giving me a problem and the manager helped me thru it. If i would have read the directions I could have save his and my time. but he de not even mention anything about the directions in the room. Great staff.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor and review your stay with us. I appreciate the kind comments about the hotel and the staff here. I am glad I could help you with the internet issue we ran into midway through your stay. Definitely was not a bother to us and just glad we could get you squared away.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please let me know. Thank you so much for your time and have a great day today.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

My wife and I were in town for a body building competition. Lots to do, so we didn't have a lot of time to spend at the Hotel. When were were there, we were treated super well. The rooms were clean and the desk folks were courteous to very friendly. William, the maintenance man, was super. The coffee was on and there were lots of eating choices on location, should we have wanted them. The pool and hot tub were fine and open when we wanted them. All in all, a good place to stay. I will certainly stay there again, should the opportunity arise.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Thank you so much for coming to TripAdvisor to review your stay with us. I really do appreciate the kind words about the staff and the hotel. It really does mean a lot. I will share with William the kind words as well. I know he will be very appreciative and glad that he exceeded your expectations of Hilton.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Travis.Young@hilton.com. Thank you for your time and have a great day.