“Dependable comfort”

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Chesterfield
Springfield, Missouri
“Dependable comfort”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The Chesterfield Hilton Garden Inn does not come up on a search for St. Louis hotels unless you search for Chesterfield Missouri. Yet it is as close and convenient as any of the other hotels in the St. Louis area. It has a superb breakfast and rooms are comfortable and roomy. Definitely recommended.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the highway..
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review your recent stay with us. Thank you for the kind words about the hotel. I am glad you were able to enjoy the breakfast too. It is quite the deal when you can get anything you want made for you and as much of it as you want for only $9.95.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Travis.Young@Hilton.com. Thanks for your time and have a great day today.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed at this hotel 2 different nights the day I came into town and the day I left town on business. The hotel staff was great, very informative and seemed genuinely concerned that my stay was great. The one night I was in a suite and the other night was a Jacuzzi tub room. Both rooms were very clean. Spent a lot of time at the desk working and realized that desk chair is more comfortable than the one in my office!! Room service was fast hot and tasted great, I hate to spend the extra money on this service but this was well worth it!
Other amenities that were there are the pool, hot tub and exercise room. Pool / hot tub were neat and appeared to be in great shape. Exercise room was well equipped with some weights, and treadmills.
Business center has 2 nice computers and access to printers. One of the nights I was there the internet was down due to a damage done by a construction crew. The office staff was very apologetic and it was out of their control, I tethered my phone to my laptop and got the basics done.
Breakfast was great, eggs to order and fresh fruit, and may other options to choose from.
Will probably be a year before I'm back in town but I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review our hotel. I am so glad you were able to enjoy your stay with us. I am thankful that you were able to enjoy the room service and had all the space you needed while you were staying with us. The made to order breakfast is a great feature and one that many people take advantage of while staying in town. From made to order eggs, omelets, french toast to whatever you want made, the guests seem to enjoy it all.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Travis.Young@Hilton.com. Thank you so much for your time and have a great day today!
Lincoln, NE, United States
Reviewed June 5, 2013

If you enjoy fire alarms at 11:15PM, this is a fun place to stay. The front desk explained when I asked, a ventilation fan in the elevator room failed, causing extreme heat, which resulted in a sensor being tripped, setting off the fire alarms. The alarms were silenced after about five minutes, then came back on again. The fire department did show up, but there were no flames or smoke thankfully. No compensation for the inconvenience was offered, no free breakfast, no reduction in room rate. I felt something should have been done. This raises confidence issues in the maintenance and upkeep of properties like this. How do we know these systems are maintained regularly with the proper level of expertise. Many lives are at stake in these multiple occupancy buildings, it seems to me that safety should be of the highest concern. They almost acted like it was a common occurance. I won't be staying in this location on my next trip to Chesterfield, MO.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review your stay with us. I do apologize for the issue with the fire alarm. We were trying to track down what the issue was and an exhaust fan went out. We have inspections scheduled at many different times to ensure this does not happen. Unfortunately, it happened to fail at an unexpected time for our guests and I am sorry. We do have records of all of our upkeep throughout the hotel and follow many guidelines when it comes to this. I apologize that you feel that the hotel is unsafe.

I do hope you give us another chance in the future. If you do, please contact me at Travis.Young@hilton.com. Thank you so much for your time and I hope you have a great day today.
Minneapolis, United States
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn was simply fantastic. We had stayed at a few comparable priced hotels in recent days, but we were frankly blown away by how clean, quiet, updated, value driven the hotel was. From the $10 all you can eat breakfast buffet (amazing!) to the service people like Eric in the bar, provided. Updated furniture, stylish accommodations, extremely comfortable bed, amazing experience!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a survey from your stay with us. I am very greatly appreciative for the kind comments about the hotel and the staff. Eric is a huge asset to our hotel and will make sure the kind words are passed along to him and the entire staff.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Travis.Young@hilton.com. Thank you for your time and have a great day today.
Davenport, United States
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The hotel was in a good location and was clean. The desk staff was very polite and helpful. We got an excellent recommendation on dining options close by. They also had a restaurant and bar available in the hotel. The wireless worked great in the room and in the lobby. The fitness center also had nice Precor machines (couple of treadmills, an elyptical, and a bike) plus some weights. Overall, no complaints.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to your review your stay with us. I am glad we were able to accommodate your needs during your business trip. We do have a lot of business travelers during the week and try to make sure they are taking care of during their stay. I am glad that was able to be seen during your stay with us.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Travis.Young@hilton.com. Thank you so much for your time and have a great day today.
Charleston, United States
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This hotel is not good for groups of people - it was clean, excellent condition, however, they are too strict with their rules. The night manager was extremely rude and not accomodating. Would recommend for an individual stay but not for the weekend group stays.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review your stay with us. I apologize that the hotel did not work out for your group while with us. We do have our rules in place as we do have to think about our entire hotel. I apologize that this affected your stay with us. We try and communicate upon arrival the rules of the hotel regarding what your group experienced. We have discussed further after your departure how things need to be handled.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Travis.Young@Hilton.com. Thank you for your time and have a great day today.
Columbia, Tennessee
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We are Hilton members and will pick the Hilton Garden Inn if there is one available. Beds were very comfortable. Had a great night's sleep. Did not hear any traffic, even though it is very close to interstate. After reading other reviews I need to say this: Hilton Garden Inn doesn't cater to children the way Embassy Suites and others do. We are a retired couple and like the fact that there are not little kids running loose all over. The staff was very helpful during the severe weather that St. Louis was experiencing during the evening. We ate dinner there and were glad we did because the storm came right after we finished eating. Breakfast was delicious. Our server for dinner and breakfast was Eric and he treated us like royalty.

Room Tip: I like to be away from the elevators and on a high floor so no one is stomping their feet above, but...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review our hotel from your stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure this gets passed along to our staff that they were able to meet your expectations of Hilton. I also want to thank you for the kind words about Eric and your experiences in the restaurant. It did turn into a pretty crazy night in St. Louis and not having to worry about grabbing dinner outside always helps.