“Superior service/staff”

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Chesterfield
Omaha
“Superior service/staff”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

For the past seven years I've spent about 20 weeks a year in hotels and this hotel has the friendliest staff I've ever encountered. They made me feel like I was the most important guest.
My room was clean and quiet also!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review your recent stay with us. We are glad that your experience with us was one you would recommend to others. It really is great that within all your years of traveling, this is one of the top staffs you have found when it comes to service and friendliness. That really means a lot to us and will be shared with our staff!

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Travis.Young@hilton.com. Thank you for your time and we hope to see you soon. Have a wonderful day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Granite City, Illinois
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is the 2nd time that we have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield. The only complaint that we had (which are very minor) is that there were several light bulbs missing in the room. Otherwise, our room was clean and we enjoyed our time spent there. We were also able to arise the following morning and attend Sunrise Easter Services at a church nearby, which may our stay extra enjoyable. I would recommend the Hilton Garden Inn in St. Louis/ Chesterfield

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review your stay with us during Easter weekend. We are glad that your experience with us was one you would recommend to others. I am glad you were able to enjoy the sunrise services nearby as well. We have several great churches within a few miles from the hotel that offer a variety of times and denominations for our guests. I apologize for the issue with the bulbs being burnt out and glad it did not interrupt your stay with us.

Palm Springs, California
Reviewed March 14, 2013

First time I've stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn and I certainly was very pleased. The staff was super friendly from the housekeepers all the way to the General Manager Travis. They were very knowledgeable and were very prompt in any manner I needed. Thank you. The next time I pass through and need a place to stay I will be passing by. The beds were super comfy.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank E J
travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review our hotel from your recent stay with us. I appreciate the kind comments about the hotel and the staff. It really does mean a lot and will be shared with the staff. It means a lot that your first stay with Hilton Garden Inn was with us and that we meant your expectations.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Travis.Young@hilton.com. Thank you so much for your time and I hope we see you again soon!
Mahwah, NJ
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The room (especially the bathroom) could have been cleaner -- it looked like no one had dusted the tissue box in a long time and there was some grime around the toilet. Someone needs to teach their hotel staff how to properly make a bed, or at least make the bed look more attractive. The sheets and blanket were all crooked, and the pillow cases were barely on the pillows. I thought the bed looked slept-in! Also, we were disappointed that we couldn't get any breakfast a la carte.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review our hotel from your recent stay with us. I apologize for the experience you had in the guest room and the bathroom. This is something that is not acceptable and was discussed today at our daily housekeeping meeting. Our guests come for clean rooms and for you not to have that is unacceptable. I am so sorry that this was your experience with us.

I do hope you give us another chance in the future. If so, please let me know at Travis.Young@hilton.com so I can make sure your experience is exactly what you expect from Hilton. Thank you so much for your time and I hope you have a great day today!
Minneapolis
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I'm a big fan of HGI properties for business travel. They are normally newer properties and set up for business travelers. And while this property has everything you would expect from a HGI, it is starting to show some wear and tear.

For example, the bathroom door had large dings and chips in it. The bathroom tiles were chipped. The furniture was worn. No fatal flaws, just in need of some refreshing.

The staff was friendly and polite. Biggest issue outside of the need for an update was its location. This property is not that easy to get to. It isn't located right off an on or off ramp to the interstate. And you need to use a series of roads and turns to get the shopping areas nearby.

Would I stay here again? If you were looking for a Hilton property I might try the nearby Hampton Inn (which I normally would not use for business travel when a HGI is nearby). I haven't stayed there before but I would be willing to give it a try as this HGI property just wasn't quite up to expectations.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to come top TripAdvisor to review our hotel. I do apologize that you are starting to see the hotel begin to age. Obviously, that is something we do not want any guest to feel or see at our location. Our lobby just went through a major renovation in the restaurant, lobby and front desk. We do continually try to get into our rooms to do maintenance and upgrades as much as possible. We are looking as well as to going through a refresh sooner rather than later. I am glad the staff did make it a better experience than what you experienced in the rooms.

I hope you do give us another chance in the future. We do have a sample room in our hotel of some of the new furniture we are looking at going to in the future. Please let me know if we can get you squared away by emailing me at Travis.Young@Hilton.com. Thank you for your time and hope to see you again soon!
Mahwah, New Jersey
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have stayed at other Hilton garden Inns before and found this location to not be up to the standards I've experienced elsewhere. the walls in the room must be paper thin as you could clearly hear converstaions from another room when you where in the bathroom. It felt like they where in thr room with you. the bed was uninviting becuase of the seemingly haphazard way it was made ( it proved to be comfortable enough however).

i think the linens could use replacing. There is a lot of competition in this price range. HGI is usually a little higher then several other mid-priced chains and I expected a little more.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review our hotel from your recent stay with us. I do apologize for the issues you ran into with the linen and loudness of the rooms around you. I will be talking to our housekeeping team about this as the linen is something we order a good amount of every month. Worn sheets are not acceptable and I apologize that this was your experience with us.

I do hope you give us another chance when you are back in the area and that we can show you a better experience. Please let me know if there is anything else you would like to mention or if you would be willing to try us out again in the future by contacting me at Travis.Young@hilton.com. Thank you so much for your time and have a great day today!
Jackson, Missouri, United States
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We spend a lot of time in StL for doctor's appointments, as well as HS sports. I was impressed when I was greeted by the staff as soon as I walked in the door...every time. I typically have trouble sleeping in a hotel (usually due to temperature) & my husband usually wakes up with an aching back. I actually fell asleep around 9:30pm & slept until 9am, getting up once. My husband commented that he loved the bed & slept great. The location is great. There are tons of restaurants, shopping, & recreational activities right in that area, plus it is right at I40/64. My husband brought me some cantaloupe, bacon & OJ for breakfast & it was the best-tasting I have had in a long time. As long as the rates stay reasonable, this will definitely be somewhere we stay again. Only downfall was a youth hockey team on the floor above us...they decided to run up & down the halls, yelling, jumping & slamming doors at 11pm & again at 9am. We told the front desk & they sent security up, but the kids outsmarted them & would quit when they came around. Other than that, it was exceptional.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the 1st floor near the pool. The chlorine smell is rough.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review our hotel from your recent stay with us. I thank you for the feedback about our hotel and the area around us. We do have a lot of restaurants and shopping all around us. I apologize for the issue you had with the kids and the pool area. I will get with our engineer to make sure that it is working properly on regulating the chemicals.

I would like to offer you an easy source to book next time you are in town. If you would like to email me at Travis.Young@hilton.com and I will make sure we get you in at the right price. We appreciate the loyalty of our guests and want the HGI in Chesterfield to be your hotel when you come to town. Thank you so much for your time and have a great day today!