“Excellent Hotel for Meetings”

Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Chesterfield
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Excellent Hotel for Meetings”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I am writing to share the excellent and professional treatment I have received at the HGI Chesterfield. I work as a trainer for a large insurance company, and host 8 events a year at this property. My experience with the staff and sales department has been great. Bree Mendolia in sales always goes the extra mile to help myself or one of my students with anything they may need. This past week I had a student who was getting married on the weekend and Bree provided a champagne toast to celebrate her special day. She is always available, and goes above and beyond the call of simply booking the event. I deal with 4 other hilton properties and Bree is the only sales manager that comes in during the event on breaks to make sure everything is running smoothly. I would also like to speak well of Bill on the staff, who always has my A/V set up before I arrive. I had a light bulb flashing over one table and asked them to fix it. I stepped out to make a call, and in 2 minutes, I came back and it was fixed. Very responsive. Lee at the front desk and Travis in the restaurant always remember my name and treat me like a VIP.

The guest rooms are also very nice,and the food is excellent. My students always rave about the cookies and cupcakes, and the people making omlettes during breakfast know their stuff.

If you are looking for affordable and professional meeting space in the St. Louis area, you can't go wrong with the HGI Chesterfield.

-Marshall Smith
Bankers Life
Field Development Manager

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review your recent meeting experience with us. I am glad we could meet your expectations and love the fact that Bree and Bill get you squared away each time you all come here. They are an amazing couple of associates who go the extra mile to make sure all meetings are taken care of from all angles.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you later, please do not hesitate to contact me at Travis.Young@hilton.com. Thank you so much for your time and we will see you soon for your next meeting!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I had a extremely bad day and made a late last minute reservation to get away. I was greeted by the warm smiles of Sherry and Derek. The gave me directions to local places that were still open for some good grub and even had maps and menus available. Oh yeah and the complimentary cookies they offered were amazing. Sherry even offered me a second one and Derrick went to the kitchen to grab me another one when I enquirer where they disappeared to later in the evening. I slept amazing, even though my air conditioning rattled and smelled of burning hair. The next morning, housekeeping was very loud in the hallway blasting music and talking about very personal issues very loudly and unprofessionally I over heard quite a bit profanity from one of the and a gentlemen in maintenance. I informed this to an older gentleman at the frontdesk who promised he'd take care of it. I then went to breakfast and truly enjoyed the breakfast, my server was a doll! She even opened the door for me upon my exit. Overall I enjoyed my stay. I think that the housekeeping department is mediocre at best (seems like a lot of family members and friends). But I'd definitely go back to eat or chat it up with Sherry, Derek or Lee.

• Stayed October 2012
travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel from your stay with us. I appreciate the kind feedback from the majority of the staff. I do apologize for the issue you encountered with the housekeeping staff. The incident you are referring to has been resolved and the associate who was using the inappropriate language is no longer with our team. That behavior is not telertated here and I apologize that you witnessed that.

If there is anything else you would like to mention from your stay or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Travis.Young@hilton.com. Thank you so much for your time and look forward to providing you with a better experience in the future. Take care.
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My wife & I had booked a prepaid trip to the hotel for 9/30 to bike ride on the Katy Trail. Family issues arose & we were not able to make the date. I contacted the Hotel & Travis Young, the Hotel Manager worked with me and assisted in booking a stay for a different weekend. We arrived for our stay on October 21st and stayed Saturday & Sunday. The purpose of our visit was to bike ride on the nearby Katy Trail. The Hotel staff, from the desk clerks to the wait & cook staff to the maid staff, was very accommodating and friendly. The Hotel was also very nice and the room very comfortable. We were treated like royalty and had an amazing time. We will definitely return to the area and stay at the same hotel. I am sure we will be a regular at the hotel for years to come.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review our hotel from your resecent stay. I am so glad we could meet your expectations of our hotel as well as Hilton. It means a lot that we are your prferred hotel when you all come to the area and enjoy the great biking around us. You came at the right time as it is starting to cool down right now!

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Travis.Young@hilton.com. Thank you so much for your time and we will see you soon!
Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I were so impressed with all of the staff (Sherry, Jaren, Cammie and Eric). These were just the few of the staff we interacted with on a somewhat steady basis. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will definitely make a return visit as we have family that lives in the area.
The work ethic and attitude of Sherry, Jaren, Cammie and Eric is what stood out to me the first time I met each one of them. Realizing it is a job they still made me believe that they were happy to be there and to take care of my husband and I.
Our room was kept very clean and tidy by the housekeeping staff and they also greeted us with a smile! WOW!
You are an awesome team!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank TexasSteelerNation
Thank you so much for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review our hotel from your stay with us. I am so glad that the staff blew you away. They were mentioned several times at stand up meetings and they are so grateful for the kind words. It has been posted in each department to show how well they did.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please let me know at Travis.Young@hilton.com. Thank you so much for your time and we will see you soon!
Des Plaines, Illinois
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My family recently stayed at the Hilton located in Chesterfield. Since we were part of a large group that was participating in a hockey tournament in the area, the reservation arrangements were made through Bree Mendolia. I'd like to compliment Bree's professionalism and courteous customer service. She responded to my emails with prompt replies and addressed the concerns that I had.

I'd also like to recognize Chef Cami. Not only did she make us delicious breakfasts every morning, she always greeted us with a smile. She made an extra effort to take time to pay special attention to our two children, which obviously means so much to us.

All of the staff member were friendly and helpful, but I'd like to specifically recognize Bree and Cami. Please pass along my gratitude to them both.

P.S. We won the Championship!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review our hotel from your stay with us. Thank you so much for the kind comments about our staff, especially Cammie and Bree. That are two great leaders at our hotel and deserved to be recognized. It really means a lot that they went above and beyond to make sure your hotel accommodations were properly met during your stay.

If there is anything else you would like to mention from your stay or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Travis.Young@hilton.com. Have a great day today and CONGRATS ON THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! We got to host the champions!!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Chesterfield with our youth hockey team. The sales representative Bree Mendolia was the most helpful hotel sales staff member I have ever worked with. The customer service we experienced was amazing. Many times when we travel with the hockey kids we are met with less than welcoming staff, but they were more than accomodating and friendly. The front desk staff, Lee, Amy and Derrick were wonderful and made our stay even better. The rooms were clean and quiet and the location was perfect. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review our hotel. Thank you so much for the kind words you had from your recent experience. We do everything we can to make sure our guest get the experience they deserve when they stay with us. Thank you also for the kind words about Lee, Amy, Derrick and Bree. I will make sure that this gets passed along to all the staff.

If there is anything I can do for you in the future or anything else you would like to mention from your stay, please contact me at Travis.Young@hilton.com. Have a great day today!
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 10 days while going through a medical procedure at a local hospital. I am extremely picky about cleanliness and very sensitive to the attitudes of staff. I can say unequivocally that this is the nicest hotel stay I have ever experienced. The rooms are bright, furnished very nicely and most importantly - clean. The staff was kind, considerate, and always expressing a desire to help. I asked for several things during my stay and was always helped with a smile. I just can’t express enough how much I enjoyed staying here.

Room Tip: Choose a room on an upper floor; the temperature control is on the wall as opposed to on the unit...