“Fantastic!”

Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis - Chesterfield
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Chesterfield
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed here because a cousin and his wife were staying there and I thought we would see each other if we were both there. At first I thought it was going to be too expensive, but I got a $10 discount for making a same-day "last minute plans" reservation, and another $10 discount for being a member of AAA. This made it a good enough deal for me not to feel bad about the cost. Well, cost aside, I loved, loved, loved this place! It has really been designed with people in mind! Everything a person could want for a short-term or long-term stay is here! No complaints at all! Remember, though, that if you might have any difficulty with stairs, to make sure to get your reservation on the ground floor, as there are no elevators between levels. Fortunately, this was not a problem for me but I can see how it might be for some people. Also, in winter, it might not be pleasant to do all the necessary walking between buildings. But for my needs and the time period that I stayed here, it was as close to perfect as could be. (Oh, one thing: Every room has a full-sized refrigerator in it, turned on ready to use. This seems to me like an unnecessary use of electricity for people who won't be using the fridge. Maybe there could be an option when making a reservation to have it turned off or on? Not sure if that would work well for a refrigerator. Anyway I thought the fridges should be a smaller size or otherwise take into account the undesirability of using up unnecessary electricity, Of course, it seemed luxurious to have a kitchen and office-style computer desk included in the room. A person could easily live here long term, but it is also a sensible place to stay for short-term, as I did. (2 nights)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
ri_stlcf_gm, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis - Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

There is a reason they call Residence Inn by Marriott your "Home Away from Home" and we are glad you were able to experience that for your short term stay. We appreciate your review and hope you will come back soon. It really is fun when it snows and you can light up that fire place. Remeber to request a first floor room if you prefer not to do the stairs and the fireplace in the winter months it makes the snow better! Thanks for choosing Residence Inn by Marriott.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed at a residence inn in chesterfield Mo. and awoke to find that there were bed bug bites all over my body. Called in to tell them they had a problem and Penny Burns called me a liar as if it was not a problem with bugs in the building. customer service was very bad and treatment was very nasty. All I wanted to do is let them know that there was a problem. I myself do not like to sleep with bugs and I should not be made out to be a liar for just trying to let the company know that they may have bug problems.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
ri_stlcf_gm, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis - Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for your comments, we sent the same response to someone else in your party who completed an on-line review....I show one person staying in the room? Your concern was investigated as soon as it was brought to our attention. All reports are taken seriously, timely reporting is important so that we can investigate and take appropriate action. We were frustrated that this was not reported to us during your four day stay so that we could take action. We were informed 36 hours after your departure and had already assigned another guest to the room in question. The room was taken out of service and inspected by an outside pest control specialist. The inspection and invoice were forwarded to you along with my contact information. The room was certified to be free of bed bugs with no further action required. The Residence Inn has exterior entrances so mosquitoes and other seasonal insects can be a nuisance at this time of the year. Our staff takes great pride in the service we provide and ensuring a problem free stay.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip. Others on the trip stayed there as well. Hotel was booked - convention of some sort in town...lots of kids. The room was clean and spacious. AC worked great. Comfortable bed. Small pool. Nice breakfast buffet, although, not enough seating..not even close, and the kids were allowed to run a bit wild. Couldn't wait to head into the office. Generally though I'd recommend this hotel certainly for the business traveler tried of the typical hotel, concierge scene.

Room Tip: Ground floor if you dont want to have to drag your luggage up the stairs. No elevators.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Used 2 free nights for a quick get away. Requested a room with a fireplace.

When we checked in, I was assured that there was a fireplace. So far, so good. Since it was chilly, 34 degrees at night we thought this would be a ice touch to our get away...WRONG! No firelog to be found!

Okay, so the front desk didn't lie...we did have a fireplace. But, when we asked if we could have a firelog at the front desk, the indicated that they didn't have any and could get them at either Sam's or Walmart where they usually purchase them. Soo...why wasn't I told this little tidbit when we checked in?

The tub/toilet room is too small to fully lay down the bathmat....recliner only tilted back...leg rest didn't not come up for your legs as well. The couch could use an upgrade

That being said, the food for breakfast as well as the manger's reception was great! Nice selection, temperature of food was good.
We've stayed here before...it's a great location. But, that being said, I think I'll book the Springhill Suites next door the next time I travel to this area

Room Tip: Ground floors can be noisy if there is someone above your room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank redwing67
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This trip was a business trip. This was a great hotel. Hermain the manager goes above and beyond the call to ensure you are happy. I missed breakfast but I heard it was awesome. This will be my hotel selection during my trip to St. Louis. This hotel is NOT close to downtown St. Louis. It is very close to Chesterfield mall. Very close to the highway.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This Hotel is based in the better neighbourhoods of St Louis called Chesterfied. Nice clean and spaciuos studio's with kitchen (cooker/fridge) and large Marriott bed. Bathroom is a little small but fine nonetheless. The staff is very friendly and when you speak to them they are working here since many years. Breakfast and diner is included and absolutely fine. Little gym is on-side, noticed the new equipment. If you have more time you can get free passes to local gym's. You cant go wrong here............

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel and enjoyed our stay. We were upgraded to a nicer room and it was beautiful. Very friendly staff and rooms are very clean. They have a great area by the front desk where you can buy food and other items that you may have forgot, Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple