“Good choice” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Chesterfield
USA
“Good choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2007

This seems to be a well-run operation, with reasonable prices, well-equipped rooms, good breakfast and helpful staff. There is an Applebee's next door, and the location is very convenient to Interstate 64 and Chesterfield Mall. The indoor pool is a plus, although it is small. Making reservations on line was a little confusing, because we were able to get best rates only by making two back-to-back reservations at different rates. Using either promotional rate for the entire 4-night stay would have been more expensive! This booking would have confounded the front desk staff at many comparable hotels, but in this case, the woman who checked us in was alert and arranged for us to stay in the same room all 4 nights with no problem.

Stayed February 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Indianapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2006

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights with our small children on a family vacation. The hotel is clean, quiet, has a great breakfast and free hi-speed.

The service, on the other hand, was less than desireable. When we made our reservation, we requested a crib. When I checked in they said they would get it to me in 30 minutes. 3hours later, they said they didn't have any more.

Also that evening, we requested to move to a 2 bedroom suite. They never called back. The next morning, I asked again and thay said they would call me on my cell phone and let me know. They never called.

I've always had good luck with this chain, but something was up with the staff a this location (as many of the people who have reviewed this hotel have noted).

Othere than that, traffice can be a bear to get downtown, but its a nice place to stay.

• Tips/Secrets — Grant's Farm Rocks! my kids fed the camels while I drank free beer!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank IndyClint
Quincy, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2006

I am a travel agent and I had to go to the Chesterfield area. I had never stayed at a Springhill Suites before so I thought I would try it. I loved it. It's easy to find. It was very clean. I liked the way the room was laid out. It's nice to have the bathroom close to both the beds instead of having to go all the way across the room in the dark.
The beds were comfortable. The pillows were great. I usually have to bunch 2 or 3 together to something halfway solid to lay on. But I only had to use one.
The breakfast buffet was great. Plenty of food. They kept everything stocked.
I would definitely stay there again and I will recommend them to my clients.

• Liked — The room.
  • Disliked — The shower.
  • Stayed September 2006
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Springfield, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2006

We did the six flags deal staying in this hotel. We have four children, so we had a room with double beds and a fold out sofa sleeper - which was perfect. The rooms were nice and clean.

The morning breakfast was excellent - much much more than a continental breakfast. But you do have to get down there early. When we were there, there was a big bus tour. The hotel seems to caters to families with kids (six flags - duh) so be prepared to tolerate kids.

The only disappointment we had was the tiny swimming pool. I couldn't believe how small it was. Why did they even bother, if it's that small? I have attached a pic of it (as I see there is now a pic under the photos for this hotel, but I'm posting it anyway). The kids wanted to swim and I didn't let them because there were so many other kids there and the pool was so small. Luckily for me it wasn't much of an issue because it stormed so that was my big excuse not to swim.

I would definitely recommend this hotel. And we 'did' have a fridge in our room, so we were lucky.

• Liked — location and breakfast
  • Disliked — the tiny pool
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank murphymc
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2005

Employees were put out with questions and request. Each room does not have a refrigerator. When we inquired they said they were coolers. Do not bring cold food or expect your beverages to stay cool because they do not. The pool was very tiny. Only one family maybe two can enjoy at one time and the chlorine was very strong. We had to go buy eye drops. The breakfast runs out fast so make sure to go early. The sleeping area does not have a door so do not plan on having the kids in one area sleeping as you are talking in the sitting area. Pack-n-plays do not fit unless you want to put them in the bathroom/sink area. The rooms are clean.

Stayed July 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2005

The SpringHill is conveniently located on Chesterfield Pkwy, just off I-64, which is great if you are arriving late as we did. The staff was overly freindly and answered every question we asked. The room was spotless, although the toilet was a little hard to flush (you have to play with the lever a little bit). A seperate living/work area with a seperate television was a nice touch, as was the bar-sink with fridge and microwave. The continental breakfast was delicious and included a wide variety of choices that even included hot waffles. This is a great hotel for a great suburb!

• Stayed April 2005
1 Thank jdbrum2006
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2005

I was expecting great things after reading the reviews here, but came away disappointed. We were suppossed to get the All Access/Gateway Arch package with our stay, but the hotel mysteriously did not have any of the passes to give us. Having said that, the hotel was nice and quiet. The pool was tiny. More than 2 kids in it made it crowded. The bed was among the worst beds I have ever encountered in a hotel...I don't think the mattress was even 6 inches thick. Breakfast was wonderful and plentiful...lots of choices here. My kids loved the Belgian waffles and building their own Egg McMuffins.

• Stayed March 2005