“Greasy, greasy, greasy”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Greasy, greasy, greasy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Never thought Cheeburger was a great value for my family of four (two kids 9 & 11). Tried it again since they had a Groupon of $16 for $8. Ugh! The burger on the kids meal is too small for my kids, so we had to order from the adult menu, meaning that everything (fries and drink) must be a la carte. The best value was the basket of fries which the four of us were able to divide for $4.50. We ordered two milkshakes (Oreo Cheesecake and Chocolate Marshmallow) both tasted the same. I ordered my 1/2 pound burger with ketchup, mayo and cheese and even after cutting it in quarters, I still had to eat it with a knife and fork. The meat was crumbling as if it wasn't formed enough and it was so greasy, there was a small puddle of grease in the basket the burger came in. The bill for the four of us was $40 before the $16 discount. Next time I'll go to Red Robin when I want a good burger.

• Visited May 2013

Chesterfield, Missouri
“Oh boy another semi-clean mediocre restaurant suffering from servers who are losers”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

OK, It is my fault. I bought a groupon for the restaurant, but my 5 and 8 year old granddaughters were in town and they like the silly stuff on the walls and the crayolas. It is hard to screw up a PBJ sandwich, but the 8 year old could not eat half of it as the lack of PB&J between the heavy slices of bread made the sandwich akin to eating sand.

The 5 year old got three decent sized pieces of deep fried chicken breast(?) that had been beaten flat and overcooked that it would take a chain saw to cut it up.

Three of the adults made the mistake of ordering the "Special" which included a side of fries or onion rings. I was served two or three rings as my side.

The huge side salad was a typical small luncheon salad.

What irritated me the most is how "tired" the place looks and acts.

There were only two servers, who worked hard, but could not keep up with the number of diners and service suffered terribly. My wife's shake came about the time we finished lunch.

I had to ask three times for a take away box, and waited and waited for the check.

The decor was shopworn and not particularly clean. The wall of honor for those eatnig a big burger was just a mess of pictures stapled one on top of the other.

I guess having to manage two sites is more than the franchisee can handle.

Last time we will visit.

• Visited March 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Best Shakes/malts in Chesterfield”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have only had the shakes. I have tried many different combos and this is half the fun. I have even had the waitress tell me "no that doesn't work too well together" and she was right. They know what they are talking about when it comes to shakes/malts. Go ahead and get the big one and it is easy to split with someone who shares your same combo choices. The plain Vanilla and Chocolate are good too.

Visited January 2013
Carbondale, Illinois
“Overpriced and terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

My kids love their create your own sodas but the service was so bad when we were there I doubt I ever return. My daughter and I went for a snack and drink, which are expensive but good. I paid almost $3 for a small glass of tea, which was never refilled. I had to go to the counter to get someone to come refill my daughter's drink. I had to go back to the counter to pay my check, to which the manager told me to go back to my table. Really??? you couldn't go get my ticket and let me pay and get out of here???? We were sitting outside and one waitress came out and smoked TWICE while we were there. Just ridiculous!

Visited April 2012
Chesterfield, Missouri
“Slight disappointment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

I had been to this place three times before with friends and loved it every time. I tried to convince my wife to go with me and finally, succeeded. She is not a big meat eater. We ordered Salmon salad and Mushroom burger platter. Salad was very good but the burger came out cold. We succeeded in finally calling our server and he brought us a new burger which was excellent. However, when he took our order back, he took away the fries and next time, it seems that he brought the fries from the left-over bottom. I should add that their fries are usually very good, and the jalapeno dip is out of this world. The soda shakes are very good though they are expensive at $2.59 each. They have free refills on those but how much soda can you drink? Overall, I still like it. My wife had liked it and the informal atmosphere but she did not think that it was value for money. I'll have to go back with friends :-(

• Visited March 2012