“The quesadillas are excellent”
Review of Yellowstone Cafe

Yellowstone Cafe
Ranked #34 of 208 Restaurants in Chesterfield
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Illinois
“The quesadillas are excellent”
Reviewed September 2, 2011

I got a take out order to take home for dinner. I ordered the quesadillas and two burgers. The quesadillas are excellent. They were full of chicken and vegetables. The tortilla was crispy on the outside and soft inside. We also had the mushroom swiss burger. I highly recommend it. Lots of mushrooms and the burger was cooked just right.

• Visited September 2011

st. louis, missouri
“Horrible, horrible service. One of my worst dining experiences.”
Reviewed June 19, 2011

A friend and I went to Yellowstone cafe for an early dinner. When we arrived we were seated at the table right in front of the bathroom right in the middle of the floor. It was not busy and I asked the waitress if we could have the empty booth. She replied with "I don't know- I have to ask" I was amazed that anyone would have to ask if they could be placed in a more comfortable spot that was clearly empty and available. We received our salad and appetizer in a timely manner. The waitress then brought out our steaks. I had ordered medium rare. I cut into the steak and it appeared well done. Thinking that maybe the middle would be medium rare I cut two more pieces- I ate two of the small pieces and left the third waiting for the waitress to come back so I could inform her. In the meantime I ate some of the vegetables. 15 minutes passed and still no waitress to check to see how the food was. I continued to wait with an empty beverage glass and no steak. Finally after flagging down the waitress she took my entire plate, and eventually brought me a drink. As I continued to wait, the friend finished his entire meal and I was still waiting... Finally a man (I'm assuming the manager due to how he was dressed) brought out my food. I told him to just box it up as I wanted to leave. He then said "Well, you ate most of your steak, didn't you?" I said "NO, absolutely not" and that I just wanted to leave. We had been there a long time and most of the time was spent waiting. Never once did the waitress come back to apologize, to appease me, offer me anything to eat while I sat waiting for them to correct my food, nothing. And then to have the manager smirk "Well you ate most of your steak, didn't you?" I was astounded. My food should have been comped or at the very least received an apology. I do not recommend Yellowstone and have told many people my experience with them.

• Visited May 2011
SW Illinois
“Acceptable, but not worth the drive”
Reviewed August 4, 2010

My husband and I love, love, love seafood and especially grouper. We are retired and love to travel to the SE coasts ... and when we're traveling, we eat only seafood (well, except for breakfast, although we've been known to have a triggerfish omelet on occasion LOL). To give you an idea of how much we love grouper: we visited the SW coast of Florida in January primarily because of the abundance of fresh grouper. So when we saw that the Yellowstone Cafe served grouper, we drove the hour to have lunch there. It was ok -- certainly NOT worth the drive.

To start, the hostess stood there and looked at us for a full 90 seconds before asking us for a name to add us to the list of people waiting to be seated (had we known that she was the hostess, we certainly would have said something to her, but since she was dressed in a t-shirt, how where we to know?). Her whole demeanor was that of a sulking teenager forced to be somewhere she didn't want to be.

Our waitress provided decent enough service ... she was just a little slow. She offered to bring more napkins, but we had to wait a good 3-4 minutes before she brought them. Ditto on our drink refills. Not a big deal, but it's those little things that make the difference between acceptable and superb service.

The acoustics in the restaurant were horrible; I could barely hear my husband across the small table and didn't hear my cell phone ring in my purse, sitting on the table in front of me.

The grouper itself was ok. Maybe we've been spoiled by the fresh grouper on our trips, but this just wasn't good enough to drive an hour one way. There are certainly too many better places to eat closer to home ... and we'll just wait for our next trip to enjoy fresh grouper.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Their fish is to die for”
Reviewed February 22, 2008

Their fish is to die for

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook