“Impressive buffet but slightly pricey”
Review of Emperor's Palace - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Emperor's Palace
Cuisines: Chinese
Wildwood, MO
“Impressive buffet but slightly pricey”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This is not a typical buffet...it has many, many options and prepare your way options. My family enjoys trying new foods and the entertainment. We have only been during the dinner hour on weekends, when they have live entertainment. It is slightly pricey for a buffet, even with the many options.

• Visited December 2013

Reeds Spring, Missouri
“Don't go at 3:30”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

As the title says, don't go at 3:30. No food, no choices and lousy service. Though there were 6 tables of 4-6 people dining and the restaurant staff just didn't execute at all. Most just stood around and stared at you.

We have eaten at EP several times and have been impressed. Not this time however. Very poor.

Why is it so hard to have quality during all hours of operation?

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank STLCarib
Taos Ski Valley, New Mexico
“Impressive--for a buffet”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The degree of difficulty with a buffet is high (because the food usually sits out), so I'm assigning this restaurant 4 stars even though it disappointed in some ways. What is outstanding about the Emperor's Palace is the variety. It reminded me of some of the best buffets I've been to in Las Vegas.

The food quality varied. The sushi was good. The food in the Vietnamese area was great, as was the Mongolian BBQ. The food in the Chinese area was just OK. The food in the small American area looked passable for kids. A few trays were empty and some signs were unclear on the day I was there. I would have liked some more suggestions at the Mongolian BBQ, but the signs weren't very readable. My table was a little sticky.

If you visit enough times, you can probably get an excellent meal by learning which items to leave alone.The brief show by a Chinese musician was a nice touch.

I'd go back if I was in the area.

• Visited September 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“An interesting lunch”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stopped here due to indecision on where we should eat. This place is set up like an Asian marketplace with different stations for different styles of food. For the most part the food is similar to what you would get at any Asian buffet, so there's not a lot to remark upon. However, the dim sum options were pretty good. Additionally, the sushi was actually really good. I tend not to like buffet sushi since it is usually ice cold and not fresh seeming, but this was actually really good. It was still cold, but the taste was actually very fresh. I was very impressed by this. The service was just fine. There was a bizarre show (the guy was talented, but this was in the middle of the afternoon and we weren't expecting it), so that was something. The decor is all kinds of crazy - fountains, koi ponds, a table up on a pedestal. I'd go here again if I was in the area and was indecisive about lunch again.

• Visited October 2013
Blue Springs, Missouri
“Chinese with a Wow”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We showed up early on a Monday night and this restaurant had a real selection of items. I've been to scores of Chinese restaurants. This one is a level higher than others because of the wide selection and variety. Everything had a great fresh taste and looked great. The Mongonloian BBQ was first-rate. And the price was about $3/person lower than I would have expected.

• Visited October 2013