“Impressive--for a buffet”

Add it.
Emperor's Palace
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The degree of difficulty with a buffet is high (because the food usually sits out), so I'm assigning this restaurant 4 stars even though it disappointed in some ways. What is outstanding about the Emperor's Palace is the variety. It reminded me of some of the best buffets I've been to in Las Vegas.

The food quality varied. The sushi was good. The food in the Vietnamese area was great, as was the Mongolian BBQ. The food in the Chinese area was just OK. The food in the small American area looked passable for kids. A few trays were empty and some signs were unclear on the day I was there. I would have liked some more suggestions at the Mongolian BBQ, but the signs weren't very readable. My table was a little sticky.

If you visit enough times, you can probably get an excellent meal by learning which items to leave alone.The brief show by a Chinese musician was a nice touch.

I'd go back if I was in the area.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stopped here due to indecision on where we should eat. This place is set up like an Asian marketplace with different stations for different styles of food. For the most part the food is similar to what you would get at any Asian buffet, so there's not a lot to remark upon. However, the dim sum options were pretty good. Additionally, the sushi was actually really good. I tend not to like buffet sushi since it is usually ice cold and not fresh seeming, but this was actually really good. It was still cold, but the taste was actually very fresh. I was very impressed by this. The service was just fine. There was a bizarre show (the guy was talented, but this was in the middle of the afternoon and we weren't expecting it), so that was something. The decor is all kinds of crazy - fountains, koi ponds, a table up on a pedestal. I'd go here again if I was in the area and was indecisive about lunch again.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We showed up early on a Monday night and this restaurant had a real selection of items. I've been to scores of Chinese restaurants. This one is a level higher than others because of the wide selection and variety. Everything had a great fresh taste and looked great. The Mongonloian BBQ was first-rate. And the price was about $3/person lower than I would have expected.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were quite surprised when we walked in. This is not your typical Chinese buffet. The Mongolian BBQ was awesome. Their selection was great...everything from Dim Sum to Sushi to Vietnamese fare. They even had entertainment. The Staff was very attentive.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Anything you could want to eat. Some is made while you watch. Great desserts including a chocolate fountain with marshmellows, strawberries & more. We always get our fill & enjoy the time there.