“lethargic service bad Mgmt ...rude front desk!”

Drury Plaza Hotel St. Louis Chesterfield
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Chesterfield
Parker, Colorado
“lethargic service bad Mgmt ...rude front desk!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

Came from work to realize housekeeping took my personal towels, when raised the concern frontdesk "Vickie" said she was gonna call the cops. Called up the manager over the phone hoping to get a resolution before next day's shower instead he made no effort to locate the towels. Whereas asked me to use hotel towels if not wait till next day, when asked for regional manngers' contact info they gave the "run around".
Sheet were sold and washed so many times that they had a couple big holes in them.
Previously, "kick back " was supposed to runtill 7 PM however, they closed the place down at 6:45 eventhough my cell phone was sporitng 6:50 but she had issues serving wine to other guests .
Overall to bad will request my HR dept to discontinue Drury plaza service for future business purposes for all of our company(5000+) employees.
Will NOT recommend my colleagues to stay here!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank d_chans
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Plaza Hotel St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, April 26, 2011
Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor. We strive to exceed the expectations of every guest and it is always disappointing when we fall short of this mark. I am sorry that your personal towels were mistakenly removed from the room and mixed in with the hotel towels. I can assure you that the hotel staff and management made every effort to locate the towels but, unfortunately, were unsuccessful in doing so. We did send written correspondence to you offering to either replace the towels or refund the cost but to date have not received a response back. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the very near future!

Jeff Barker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2010

I hope this does not sound too much like an ad, but Drury is in my view the best value hotel in the US. Rates include a hot breakfast, free drinks and finger food in the early evening, laundry facilities, and a great indoor/outdoor pool.
The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the staff are very well prepared.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank djnToronto
Kansas City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2010

We came out to St. Louis for a Six Flags, Zoo, and Science Center weekend. We usually stay in higer end hotels as a couple, but this was a family trip. We have three small childen: ages 7, 4, and 2. We were looking for something kid friendly, clean, and close to the attractions. One word to describe this place: Perfect! It more than met our expectations. Check in was a breeze and we got right into our rooms. The first thing I noticed was how many families there were. It was great. I got the feeling I was in Orlando at a Disney World Deluxe style resort. The breakfast in the morning was a good way to get the day going without any hassle. You just go downstairs and feed three kids what would have cost $40 at a restaurant. Drury did a great job there. The resturant part is nice, open, and spread out. Lots of seating. We never had to wait to find a table or booth. The pool was great with half of it being outside. The outdoor pool patio was nice and they also have a decent sized whirlpool. The hot food appitizers were great to have as a back-up plan in lieu of going out to eat. The kids had no problem finding something they liked and we enjoyed the complimentary three alcoholic drinks per adult. I have no complaints. This place is very kid friendly with the looks of a high end hotel. I would be a little cautious if you were a business traveler looking for peace and quiet or someone who doesn't like kids. It was quiet for us, but then again, we were there with three kids. We'll stay there again for sure! The hotel itself is new, only a few years old. Rooms were clean and decorated nicely with new flat screen TV's. Beds were comfy and we didn't hear our neighbors who told us the next day they were jumping on their beds all night. We have no compaints. Excellent value with the food and full breakfast in the morning. The hotel backs right up to Chesterfield Mall and there is an AMC movie theater which is a 5 min walk across the parking lot. The location is great. It's about a 15 min drive to the Zoo, Science Center, and Six Flags. Downtown, maybe 20 to 25 minutes. I used to live out in St. Louis about 10 years ago and I know of no better place to stay with a family. One more thing, they sell reduced priced Six Flags tickets to their guests at the front desk.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank DarkKnight0412
Milan,Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2010

We chose this hotel because of the close proximity to The Magic House and Six Flags.Our grandchildren did chores thru the winter and spring months to earn vacation money.The cleaned their rooms,saved aluminum cans,did odd jobs,help with meal preparation,etc. They chose this hotel because kids stay free plus an excellent breakfast as well as family friendly 5:30 kickback was right up their alley,not to mention the free soft drinks and popcorn.It was funny to hear them discuss this when they thought it was their money being spend.They made a good choice very pleased with the hotel.They loved the indoor/outdoor pool .They rated the stay 5 stars.The only negative we had was a little whining that seemed to come from the air conditioner when it ran.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank psa954
Troy, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2010

From the moment you walk in til the moment you leave, you will love this hotel. Friendly, fast, and awesome service from every level of this hotel. The breakfast and dinner and free drinks, soda and popcorn just do not compare to any other!! The pool and hot tub were clean and the rooms just perfect!! Just stay once you too will be hooked!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Lawrence, KS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2010

I have stayed at nearly every hotel chain from Super-8 to Hyatt and this particular Drury is more than a cut above. First of all it's nearly new--just 2 or 3 years old. Second, the price is right. I had a conference rate of $89 but I think it's only slightly higher normally. Third, the amenities include a good breakfast you'd pay $10 to $12 for at a restaurant and an evening cocktail and food bar with baked potatoes, hot dogs, salad, another $6 value. They have meeting rooms that held our small conference well and they were incredibly nice the whole way through, asking if we needed anything, etc. My only concern is that they make their profit margin. The math doesn't add up for me, but for the traveller the value does. The only downside is location. This hotel is way out in the burbs (Chesterfield) of St. Louis. It's too far for a shuttle from STL and there isn't a link to Amtrak at Kirksville, the Metro Link doesn't come near this far, and it's a ways off I70 (but on I64). However the highway access is fantastic so if you're driving through St. Louis, this is a great hotel and if you're doing a 100 to 200 person conference, it is PERFECT.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Jefferson City Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2010

I travel quite a bit for business in and outside of Missouri. I always stay at a Drury if one is available. Parking is almost always free and they provide complimentary WiFi (it REALLY burns my toast when hotels charge for internet access!)You can count on having a mini fridge and microwave, and prices are always competitive. The new 5:30 kickback looks to be a big hit with guests although I have not taken advantage of it yet. They provide hot and cold snacks on various nights of the week, (hot dogs, chili, hot wings, chicken fingers on alternating nights - baked potatoes, chips & salsa, chex mix, veggies & ranch dip nightly - Plus 3 free cocktails & unlimited soft drinks & popcorn from 3:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.). This particular hotel also makes made to order panckes along with other standard breakfast fare. The Drury in Chesterfield Missouri is the nicest Drury I have stayed in anywhere. On our last stay we were in room 1017, a spacious two room suite with large dressing area (two sinks) outside the bathroom. Large windows overlook Chesterfield Mall and the countryside in the distance. Very cool to watch thunderstorms rolling in with lightening strikes. I will request this room in the future. Kids enjoy the heated indoor/outdoor pool year round, and there are lots of restaurants nearby. Highly recommended for business or pleasure!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family