“Wonderful stay”

Drury Plaza Hotel St. Louis Chesterfield
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Chesterfield
Reviewed September 13, 2009

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights for a work related trip, I loved it!! My husband came with me and had plenty to do while I was at work. The mall is so close, we walked there a couple times during our stay and really enjoyed the cheesecake factory! The staff was completely friendly, breakfast was hot and delicious (the hotel had opened the breakfast up earlier for our group, which was nice because we had to be up super early). Happy hour and the snacks were really nice. The drinks weren't all that great, but it was still nice to have a free margarita. One thing to keep in mind is that if your going into the city from the highway right next to the hotel (i-40,i-64) it is closed off, we had to find alternate routes to the downtown area. The only complaint was from my husband who said the beds were uncomfortable. Somone else had complained about kids and that this wasn't a great place for couples, we didn't see one kid the whole time we were there, and really enjoyed our stay as a couple!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed August 26, 2009

I've never stayed at a hotel that offered so many freebies. This place was great. It was clean and comfortable and never seemed crowded. Very helpful staff. Free hot buffet breakfast. 3 free drinks for each adult every night. Free soda and popcorn everyday! Very nice pool. The kids liked to swim under the wall to the outside pool. Very nice area also. Mall is directly behind the hotel. We will stay here anytime we visit St. Louis.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2009

I was in town for business and this hotel was perfect. It would have been just as good had my family been with. The location was great with plenty of choices very close to eat. there is a major mall located directly next to the hotel. I will definitely be back when I am in the area again!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2009

We stayed at the Drury with my son's baseball team (14 year olds with lots of siblings too). There were about 40 of us and the hotel was perfect for a large group. The breakfast was good, not great (I'm a little picky), the happy hour was really nice and the free popcorn and sodas most of the day was a huge hit with the kids. The popcorn was absolutely delicious. There are so many restaurants right near the hotel, either at the mall (walking distance) or within 1 mile. We mostly did take-out and then met back at the hotel and dined in the breakfast area together. One night the parents all hung out in the same area and had a few drinks - very fun and easy. The pool was nicer than most hotel pools - the indoor/outdoor feature was especially fun for the kids. Rooms were nice size and comfortable. Our room even had a lazy boy chair in it! The location is pretty good - not too far to get downtown, to the zoo, etc. All in all, I would recommend this hotel to anyone, especially large parties.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank backtomaui
Reviewed September 28, 2008

We came in town for a week to visit family and friends. I grew up in Chesterfield, so we try to get back every year or two. We visit friends and my parents and two sisters. The Drury was fairly new, and with the four of us (two adults, two children under 10) we got a two bedroom suite.

I liked the fact that the kids would have their own bedroom, plus we had a little sitting room in between our rooms. It had a sofa (I think it was a pull out type) and a little microwave and fridge. We booked essentially a king bed suite connecting to another room (maybe about $250 per night total cost).

The location is probably the best in Chesterfield - right by the mall. It's easy to get to!

The kids liked the pool a lot.

The staff was over the top friendly and helpful. I can't say enough about them! There is a breakfast (which has so much food), and I felt like I was visiting old friends every morning when I went down (I always get up earlier than the rest of my family, so I went down for coffee and cereal, read the paper or watched some news on tv).

It wasn't the cheapest option (we've used Priceline for hotels in Chesterfield and been given connecting rooms a couple of times), but very good as far as location and friendliness.

I highly recommend this hotel also if you are from out of town. Your other options may be a little more out of the way; this hotel is very very convenient and easy to find.

I have been told by friends that the family that owns these hotels (it is a family business) does a lot of support of local charities and schools. It made me feel good to give them my business.

Downside - don't know if this is really something that could be helped, though. I liked the fact that they had a little laundry room off the lobby. Having two kids and being there for a week, I like to do laundry! So, that was a definite plus (not having to lug my laundry over to my sister's house). The washers were having problems a couple of times.

They have a little "business center" which is a small room with a couple of computers. That was helpful to print out our boarding passes to return home.

The furnishings are similar in style to a Homewood Suites or some other 3 star hotel - don't expect the Ritz or maybe even a new Marriott. It's not fancy, but was really great for our family!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2008

Great hotel, great location! If you are going to be staying in the Chesterfield area this is the place to stay. Located next to the Chesterfield Mall, one will find shopping and quite a few food choices (chains and non-chains alike). The hotel offers a free hot breakfast buffet, free wireless and 3 free drinks for happy hour - now for the rate one pays, you can't find a better deal with those freebies thrown in!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank taurustraci
Reviewed June 9, 2008

We recently had our first stay at a Drury hotel on a whim to stay in Chesterfield after attending a birthday party in nearby Babler State Park. We go to St. Louis quite often and usually stay at the Springhill Suites in Chesterfield.
As we had our dog with us (Springhill Suites does not allow pets) we needed to find a place that was pet friendly. I had contacted the nearby Residence Inn as I knew they accepted pets, but they have a non-refundable pet fee and I wasn't comfortable with that. They directed me to the Drury. We went in and got a room right away with no extra pet fee. Needless to say we were delighted with the room. It had all the amenities a larger upscale hotel would have. It has an indoor and outdoor pool and a beautiful lobby. The beds were comfortable and the towels were soft and fluffy. The rooms are very soundproof, we did not hear anything from the occupied room next to us. They even have a large selection of cable channels, not just local, sports and news channels.
The hotel staff was very accomodating for the dog, and everyone we encountered was cheerful and helpful. The morning breakfast was nice and every evening (even weekends!) they have a nice reception with drinks and snacks.
I will definitely stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple