Drury Plaza Hotel St. Louis Chesterfield
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Chesterfield
oh
“ch”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stay at Drury's when they are convenient to our travels. We stayed at this one for the same reason, and it was easy to find as we passed through St. Louis, which we are not at all familiar with.
The staff is always friendly and helpful and this staff was no exception. They were very busy, but never made us feel rushed or unimportant.
Love the popcorn and soft drinks in the lobby.
My husband rated the coffee "the best" and he's picky about his coffee.
Most motels could use better lighting for putting on make-up but this one had very good, bright light in the sink area and I really appreciate that.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

The Drury Plaza was recommended to us by our St. Louis family. I had not been familiar with this hotel brand. Our room was a suite much like Embassy Suites - two double beds in the back room and a front room with sitting area, chair, table, and pull-out couch. The complimentary breakfast was quite nice, hot and cold items and a make-your-own waffle station. Our kids loved that. They also enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub.

One thing you should know is that this is a "pet friendly" hotel. We encountered several dogs in the lobby over our 2-day stay. We do not have a dog at home, so our kids were pretty amused to see all the doggies. I hasten to add that the dogs were in no way a problem or nuisance during our stay.

We found the staff to be very, very nice and they really proved themselves on the one night that our child became ill. I'll leave out the details, but it was pretty gross and we called down to the front desk a few times over the course of several hours, requesting new sheets, a fresh roll-away, clean towels, plastic bags, etc. The housekeeping crew could not have been more sympathetic and kind. And ultimately, that's what we really want when we're away from home. A clean place to stay with nice people caring for you. That's what we got.

We hope to visit our St. Louis family again soon, and I would absolutely stay at this Drury Plaza hotel again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Diane G
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is one of the cleaner hotels. Fairly new and easy access to the highway make this a great place to stay while in town. Although 25 minutes from downtown, it's a straight shot on Highway 40. It's not the most convenient place for tourists but for those who know the area this is a perfect suburban hotel. It's right across from Chesterfield Mall where there are a bunch of restaurants and a movie theater. The rooms are clean with high ceilings to where you don't feel cramped. The included breakfast and happy hour snacks are a great feature to this cozy hotel.

Room Tip: request a room on the upper floors for maximum quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Andrew_STL_1
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 5, 2012

HI, I was on a official trip to st.louis and stayed at the chesterfield location. I reallyyy had an amazing time. The hotel was amazingly neat, clean and the whole staff was sooooo friendly. Twice i had called up around 12 o clock midnight for blankets, and the guy at the front desk brought it in less than 5 minutes. The people who manage the food and the re-filling were toooo good too. They asked me often that if everything was ok and if i would like more etc. etc., (Tim). Its such a fine hotel. I cannot wait to have another trip. Oh and the location is awesome too!

Room Tip: When i came there were many people so i could not get a suite, but the room i got was great too for...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Nidzzz
Decatur, Illinois
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is next to a large shopping center, you can just walk over. I took my dog along with me, they can provide you with a nice room close to the stairs so that you can just walk the dog. The free breakfast and free reception was excellent. The staffs are very nice. The room is very clean and the hotel rooms are sound proof so it is very quiet. The cleaning staff keeps does an excellent job in cleaning the rooms and the hallways. If you are planning for a Christmas shopping trip, you must come to this hotel. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were there for a softball tournament (which was also the host hotel). I was very pleased with everything about this hotel. One of the most important aspects to me is customer service because it seems to be lacking in a lot of places anymore. Their customer service was absolutely wonderful. The managers would go around and greet you during the kickback receptions and during breakfast. Extremely friendly and accommodating! The beds were extremely comfortable, as were the pillows (although my husband didn't care for them). Very clean - including the bathroom. I didn't feel like I had to walk around in shoes all the time! My daughter used the pool and said it was great (indoor/outdoor). The location was great. The mall behind the hotel is very nice and you can find just about any other kind of store or restaurant within 10 minutes. I would definitely stay here again! You can't go wrong with this Drury.

Room Tip: Park in the covered parking below!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
brnj
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Very nice was only there to sleep before attending a class nearby. I had a king room and it was very clean and nice. Did not get a change to take advantage of the kickbacks due to the timing of my classes.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business