“Fabulous!”

Drury Plaza Hotel St. Louis Chesterfield
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Chesterfield
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I actually selected this particular property because we DO use it for business travelers a lot, and since we were taking a family/friend vacation to St. Louis, I wanted to see for myself what the hotel was like. We were ALL so very pleased with this decision. Every part of this hotel was bright, clean and well taken care of. It is a little bit of drive from this Drury to any of the downtown St Louis attractions, but nothing more than about 20 mins. Our double queen suite had plenty of space for all of us to spread out. The "kickback" in the evening offered a lot more food than we would have expected, and if we really wanted to, we could have turned that into our evening meal each day, although with the Chesterfield Mall right within walking distance, and attached to that is a Cheesecake Factory Restaurant and another fun place we found, called Cheeburger, Cheeburger, you don't have to go far to find good food. We even walked to the far side of the mall parking lot to the local Chili's one night. The morning breakfast is, as others have mentioned, your standard hotel breakfast buffet, but still, it was hot, and there was plenty of it, so we were set for the morning. Oh, and my husband loved the pancakes! The only negative I can really think of for our entire stay.. I forgot my own shampoo and conditioner and was forced to use the stuff the hotel provides in those "in shower" dispensers.. NOT a fan of whatever that stuff was.. Definitely glad we chose to stay here.. and would not hestitate a second to recommend this property to anyone traveling to the St Louis area.!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I've used the Drury as a business accommodation, both short stays and months on end. The rooms are kept spotless and the service staff can't do enough for you. It's got all you need without fanfare. Rooms spacious and fitted with free wi fi and widescreen TV with cable. There's a moderate but all you need gym, large pool area, laundry which is a must on a long stay and emergency sweets and meals for those night you're back late and can't face a restaurant meal.Parking is a choice of outside or under ground. Night security is great.

Weekends can be a pain, with so many sporting clubs using it as the weekend accommodation ..the kids can be roudy and the parents / coaches negligent with the mess in the free brekky dining room.

Price per night ..don't know how they do it!!

Room Tip: Get a room up high and at the end of the building to avoid passing weekend trafic in the corridors.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Neil M
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This was my 2nd year to stay on business at the Drury Plaza. The location was very great from a work standpoint and with the mall close by it helped with the down time in the city. Staff were great and the breakfast works well. I plan on joining there frequent user plan and looking at their chain for my business travel. FYI- the steak house on site is exceptional.

Room Tip: Either side of the hotel has a nice view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AssocDean
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My first Drury stay but definitely not my last. Purchased American Girl package for daughter's 10th birthday. Great welcome package with cookies and a doll bed all wrapped for her Bday. Happy Hour Kickback was crowded but great. Pool was clean and kids loved that they could swim in and out thanks to the partial wall. Room was spacious, quiet, and comfy. Loved that we could walk to the mall. Breakfast was free and just ok.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Some friends and I decided to take a 'stay-cation' and headed out to Chesterfield to stay at the Drury Plaza. The hotel is very easy to get to (right off of Highway 40). There is plenty of parking in the lot out front and it is well lit. I was amazed by how much was included withour very reasonably priced hotel room! For about $120 we had a two room suite (two queen beds, sofa with a pull out couch).

Let's start with the room. The decor is very traditional, dark woods, patterned curtains, etc. Everything is spotless. The sheets were very soft and there were plenty of pillows. The curtains were black out curtains so we had a great nights sleep! Our room had a mini fridge and a microwave, two huge flat screen tv's, and a coffee maker. I was very pleasantly surprised!

Check in was a breeze. The hotel was clearly busy (lots of people coming and going in the lobby), but there was no line at the check in desk and we were very quickly checked in, given a brief run down of the things included in our room rate, and given our keys to go upstairs. Each person we spoke with was friendlier than the next!

Now for the "extras"... Wow. The hotel has a large indoor/outdoor pool (which we did not use), a very nice exercise facility (again, we did not use), free wi-fi (unheard of in most 5star hotels!), and cable.

The lobby bar/restaurant area has a full breakfast each morning (free) with pancakes, waffles, eggs, sausage, bagels, donuts, hash browns, oatmeal, fruit, juice, etc. There is also a set up after 5pm (again, free) that has a ton of food (hot dogs, nachos, baked potatoes, popcorn, soft drinks, coffee, tea, etc. The craziest part is that each adult staying in the hotel gets a little card that is good for three free alcoholic beverages! I could not believe it! They had nice things to drink too, Bud Light, several wines, and spirits.

We didn't get to take advantage of the 'free foods' as much as we should have because we had dinner and lunch plans... but I think this would be AMAZING for people traveling on a budget, or with a family! The area does get crowded, but - keep in mind, you can bring your goodies back up to your room if it's too busy.

We will most definitely be returning to the Drury Plaza for our next stay-cation! My friend decided to reserve rooms here for her wedding guests because it was so lovely! Thank you Drury! We had a great time!

Only "Cons":
-No DVD players in rooms (the little one we were with really wanted to watch her dvds that she had brought).
-No room service (but the lobby 'freebies' made up for this for sure!)
-No Pay Per View (I always like to see the "still in theaters" movies when I'm at a hotel!)

Room Tip: We had no problems with noise at all and we were right by the elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We have stayed at this property several times on shopping excursions. The hotel is very nice for the money. I would suggest, however, that you avoid weekends. The travel companies have discovered this hotel and if you want to take advantage of the kick-back or breakfast you will be disappointed. I can't stand crowds. The retired tour groups sit in the dining area for hours and don't seem to care that families are trying to find a place to for their kids to sit down and eat. This was the first time we gave up trying and went elsewhere to eat supper and breakfast. Extra dollars. Oterwise, it is a nice play to stay. Very clean and modern. The pool area is completely unsupervised and people tend to send their kids down there unchaperoned. On one occaision I had to tell a group of kids to quit throwing things around. The dining area needs a deep clean, especially the woodwork, trash cans and carpets.

Room Tip: Ask for the 10th floor for quietness.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel was very nice for the reasonable on-line price I got and it did have very nice, clean rooms, the hotel is very modern and eye appealing, location is great. Beds and bedding were comfortable, check in and out was super easy, parking was good. My only concerns were with the evening managers reception or happy hour or whatever you call it, the pictures on the website showed a variety of appetizers that I understood going in were rotated but on this Saturday night they had a strange mix of tossed salad, mac & cheese, nachos, hot dogs and baked potatoes...nothing seemed to work together in my opinion. The guy pouring the drinks (free drinks) was grumpy and didn't seem to want to be there, drinks were OK, nothing to brag about and not a lot of variety. My husband and I went here to celebrate a relaxing special occasion weekend, we were looking forward to going to the hot tub for a relaxing soak before retiring.....forget that idea! The tub was full of children and only 3 adults, not sure where the parents of all these children were but they weren't in attendance as the sign stated they should be. These were middle school age children who flopped, splashed, jumped in and out and were just plain rowdy and rude. The rules said there was a 10 minute time limit and these kids were in the tub for at least the entire hour we waited around for our "turn". Not one time did I see anyone from the hotel staff check on the pool/tub area to see if things were running smoothly. It was extremely rowdy in the entire area. We finally just left and went up to bed :(

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple