“Tasty Italian food, lots of options”
Review of Villa Farotto - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Overall, I would say that my meal at Villa Farotto was quite good, although a bit expensive for what we had. Our server was very nice, explained several of the day's specials to us and made sure to keep our drinks refilled. There are also seemed to be lots of support staff walking around to refill water and clean up plates. They have a good selection of classic Italian pasta dishes as well as chicken, steak and seafood entrees with a wide range of side dishes to choose from which help you to really customize your dish. I had the Chicken Marsala with seasonal vegetables, and the whole dish was covered in a delicious marsala wine sauce. I also ordered a side salad (for $3.99 extra), but I found it to be very small for that price. Overall, I enjoyed my meal, though in the future I think I would expect something a bit better for the price we paid.

There are newer reviews for Villa Farotto

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Dined here with a reservation on a SAT night 6 PM CST.. there was no one there, hardly. 6 PM on a SAT night. we were not asked for our name, which is ok. The food was sort of bland. We had seafood, chicken Marcella, bread, olive oil (bread and olive oil are free). Not once, no kidding, was my iced tea ever refilled. Not once. I asked for a refill and the waitress, whom was new and VERY nice, forgot.. we asked her what dishes she recommended and she stated, "I don't know.. I am new and have not tried much here.. I do know what I HEAR is good.. " and she told us the bestsellers.. we asked her what the specials were and she stated, "it's too early in the evening for specials.. there aren't any until later.." SAT night, 6 PM.. strange.. It was very awkward how bad the service was. The waitress came back and gave us a check without offering desserts (a huge pet peeve of mine).. I would say the place's decor is great, but I am wondering how this place is in business.. the chicken was quite bland.. one of our party had spaghetti and meatballs, but it was large enough for 3 people. I kid not. He said it was bland. Because this place charges $15-$30 per entree, I would expect it to be above a Spaghetti Factory type of place--but it wasn't. I'd not recommend this place, to be honest. The waitress was not mean, but she wasn't too nice and had no clue about the menu items.. We're not challenging, but asked her if the ravioli is made in - house.. and she softly said, "I am not sure.. I think so.. but maybe not.." weird. We left before a band started playing, but it seemed like it was going to be a happening place. Maybe their emphasis is on the bar/drinks.. We went to Edgewild afterwards for drinks/dessert and had a far better time at Edgewild.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This place practically turns into a cougar hangout once dinner service unwinds. Food and service is just plain horrible. Good luck if you eat here. The bar is nice and they have a great band late at night that brings out all the soccer moms!

1  Thank Phatboyzxxl
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My mom moved to Ellisville, MO this year and we took her to Villa Farotto for Easter Brunch without ever having been there before. Made a reservation online and they called to confirm a couple times since we were coming from out of town. The brunch was very nice with lots of choices and wide variety of both breakfast (omelettes made to order, French toast, eggs, chocolate waffles, fresh fruit) and lunch foods (beef and ham carving station, pizza, salad, grilled veggies). Everything was delicious and we were glad we had gone early as it got very busy within the first hour.. We were a bit worried by some of the other Trip Advisor reviews, but wanted to give it a try because of its location and had no complaints.. We were very satisfied and would definitely recommend the brunch. We will try it for dinner on a future trip to St. Louis. .

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had out of town company and thought this place would be inpressive, however it was one travesty after another. We waited for quite some time to receive our dinner when it did come my brother and I received the steaks that were ordered by my daughters as far as how we ordered them to be done. med rare and medium so we had to do switching at the table after of course we cut into the steaks. Mine and my brothers steaks were cold and he sent his back to be warmed I just ate mine wishing it was warm because the steak was good. Midway thru dinner my 93 year old father had to use the bathroom and he was told he had to walk across to the restaurant next door because the bathrooms were out of order! At his age I could not believe he had to do this. The restaurant should have shut down immediately but more people were arriving and being seated. It was a horrible experience. The only thing positive is that the meal would have been wonderful if they got it right because the food did taste very good.