“Great Hotel!!! ”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Chesterfield
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great Hotel!!! ”
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my girlfriend for a little getaway, was bed happy with out stay. The hotel is brand new and everyone is very friendly and helpful. Located right near I-64 and the Chesterfield Mall the location is great. Rooms were great, bathroom was modern and clean. Overall a amazing Hyatt property.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Quincy, Illinois
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Check-in was at 3:00 however, at 3:30 our room wasn't available. The gentleman told us the rooms had not be cleaned yet. We were told we had to take another room or leave and they would call us later. No one seemed to be very apologetic about it. I overheard the same situation with other guests as well. The same two people that checked us in also served the coffee and cooked the food. Seemed as though they were under staffed. We ate from the hotel menu that evening - nacho's they were not worth the money. Breakfast wasn't very good. There was a line for food since again, the same ladies at the check-in desk were cooking the food and were having issues keeping up. Another staff issue I assume. The hotel itself is beautiful. The room was nice and clean. If you are looking for a clean place to crash, this would be the place. Personally I like to feel welcome in a hotel and did not in this one. I hope they get some help for those poor staff members doing five different jobs.

1 Thank Angie F
Elliott R, General Manager at Hyatt Place St. Louis/Chesterfield, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service, spotlessly clean rooms and a wide variety of complimentary amenities that we hope will enhance your stay. While I am very happy to hear you were pleased with the cleanliness of your room, it upsets me to hear that the food quality was below your expectations. We are proud to offer our guests a variety of options from our 24/7 menu and our AM kitchen Skillet. We like to start your day off right with a great meal and I apologize that we were not able to meet that goal for you. Hyatt Place does cross utilize all of its team members; however it does not sound like we had the people here to address your needs and for that I apologize.

I would love to discuss this with you further if you would like to contact me at the hotel directly.

Thank you!
Elliott Rhoad
Imperial, MO
Reviewed February 18, 2014

From check in to check out and still two weeks later, we are dealing with the hyatt to get our CC charges and points straightened out and have left a voicemail and email for the hotel manager with no response. It is too much detail to go into, but upon checking in, we were told our two rooms for two night were cancelled, but they could not find a cancellation on them? What does that even mean, we did not cancel anything. Then being checked out after one night in both our rooms, being told we could not have our same rooms back and they did not know where our belongings that we left in our rooms were. After a long time, we were put back in our rooms with a call that evening from a manager to make sure she had everythign right on our bill, only to find out after checking out that our credit card charges did not match our bill. Have responded to an email from Elliott [---] and left him a voice mail with no response from him. We are Hyatt platimum members and have been for a while, but will not definitely think twice before booking a hyatt place. Very Disappointed

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank J24789
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

The Hyatt place was fantastic and we'll worth the stay. We stayed the weekend for our anniversary. The staff was pleasant and friendly. The room was clean and well laid out. The free Breakfast was good as well. We most definitely will return. An all around great experience.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brent B
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Upon our arrival for Valentine's weekend, I was welcomed by Manager "Elliot". We asked for an early check in, and Elliot called us on our cellphone as soon as a room was ready. All of our encounters with staff were pleasant, which isn't a surprise since Drury owns the hotel, and it's typical of any Hyatt Place we've stayed at. When we arrived at our room, we were both amazed at how nice the room was, very clean, spacious, and still had the new smell. The free breakfast in the morning was exceptional. We liked everything about this hotel and plan to come back, and will recommend to friends/family who are in town.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice and the hotel is easy to access from the parking lot, or the shared parking g...
Jacksonville, Illinois
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I tried to find a corporate email address so I could send this to them. If this makes it to you, please forward.

My wife and I stayed at the Hyatt Place Hotel in Chesterfield Mo. On Feb 1st. Time does not allow for me to tell you here what a wonderful experience it was. From check in to check out, everything was perfect. If you gave me a pen and paper and told me to write down everything I want in a hotel it would be an exact snapshot of your facility and people. We could have stayed a week. (I even found the manager and spoke to him before we left)
Thank you so much for offering lodging that accommodates the customer. We will be back and will tell all of our friends.

Keith Bradbury
Jacksonville IL

1 Thank keith b
Fenton, Missouri
Reviewed January 19, 2014

The Hyatt Place is a beautiful, upscale, modern hotel. However, upon check-in my boyfriend and I encountered a father and his two 10+ year old boys running remote control cars back and forth through the lobby. Not only was this entirely inappropriate for the environment, it also was inconsiderate of other hotel guests and easily could have been an accident waiting to happen (liability). The check-in staff said absolutely nothing to the father about the boys, even after we made it obvious to them that we disapproved of such behavior by requesting a hotel room away from children. Then the following morning the father and his two sons were having breakfast at the busy complimentary breakfast buffet at the same time as my boyfriend and me. Upon seeing that the children yet again had their remote control cars in tow and most likely had intended to play with them in the lobby again, I mentioned to the check-out women that we thought it very disruptive, inappropriate and dangerous for children to be playing with the toys. She did not apologize, she did not say she intended to address the situation, she did not thank me for bringing it to her attention and she looked "blankly" at me as if to say, "I do not see the problem with it." This is totally inappropriate management of the situation. If Hyatt is wishing to have a top notch hotel with a stellar reputation, it should take a closer look at its policies and staffing! Loved the property...needs much better staffing, and/or management! Will strongly reconsider ever revisiting that property again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple