“Not a great experience...”
Review of Steak 'n Shake

Steak 'n Shake
Ranked #154 of 211 Restaurants in Chesterfield
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I wanted a shake after 10pm, so Steak n Shake was about my only option that I knew of (I'm from out-of-town). We decided to give it a try. Service wasn't great; we had to seat ourselves when the sign clearly says "Please Wait To Be Seated". Our waitress was a little on the strange side; she was singing off-key and dancing weirdly for awhile as she was delivering our food. I orderd a BLT sandwich without the lettuce and I overheard the cook say "A BLT sandwich without the 'L'? Who does that?" Well, clearly, I do since I hate lettuce. I thought that was rude especially because there weren't many people in there that late at night so he should have realized that I could hear him. The wait for food was pretty slow considering how few people were there. The food itself didn't taste horrible, but it wasn't particularly great either. The shake was the only good thing I had so you should definitely try the Chocolate Fresh Banana shake. If you have children, avoid the kid's meal hot dogs... they split the hog dog to cook it and it comes out looking somewhat burnt and my child wouldn't eat it.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We have been there a few times and each time we had a terrible wait. We decided to try it again. We should have left. The waitresses hung out behind the drink bar and looked like they were just talking. If we hadn't had been with family we would have left. At least we had a long time for good conversation. The food was good

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Ok we got in late and were all fairly hungry so we stopped in and ate here at the steak n shake...sat at the counter so we could watch everything being made...the food arrived hot and delicious all that you expect from fast food with some surprising quality. The shakes were awesome and the burger were great we all got what we wanted and it was fast n hot...there were some issues closing out the ticket, they got really busy after we arrived and I think we got overlooked a little as we were trying to close out, but not a real issue and one that was quickly fixed. Overall a nice experience so we'll be back for sure.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

This "place" is dirty, service is slow and the cook staff doesn't cover their hair. They are known for being dirty. I love Steak 'n Shake and this one is very close to my house, but I drive to one 5 miles away. The only time I went to this one, I cancelled my order and left. Stay away!!

1  Thank Jgriffi
Reviewed June 15, 2012

They brought me a cup of chili on a saucer that was filled with hot water and noodles. The server just slopped it in front of me and walked away.

1  Thank Jerry C