“Eh...leaves much to be desired.”

Satchmo's Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Satchmo's Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 214 Restaurants in Chesterfield
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 2, 2012

We have had average wings and average beer at Stachmo's...nothing to write home about. What perhaps is worse is that they messed up the birthday plans I had. They promised they had the game we wanted to watch, only to show up and find that they had lied. Ugh...talk about embarrassing planning.

Reviewed July 30, 2011

Got there about 1:45PM, so lunch rush had passed. There was four in our party and only a couple other tables occupied. Not a fancy place, just a typical bar/restaurant. The food overall was well received and the server, who had a few mistakes, was pleasent and attentive when we needed her.

Two of us had the fish & chips lunch special. A large portion of cod, fried to perfection, was served with a side of house made chips and a small cup of slaw. The chips were very good and I added some malt vinegar, which they had. The slaw served, from the taste of it, was made in a factory somewhere. Fresh slaw would have been preferred.

The other two in our party had a philly cheessteak sandwich (served with au jus?) and the child in our group had a cheeseburger. Both came with fries. They said that they were good (looked good to me).

One in our party started with a cup of Potato Soup. He said it was piping hot and very good. It was offered with cheese and bacon on top.

The pacing of the meal was fine and service was fine. Now the waitress boo-boos. Waitress served one iced tea with hardly any ice in it. The soup was served without any napkins. My biggest issue with the waitress was that when I ordered the fish and chips special, I asked if I could get a side of slaw, if they had it. She said no problem. When the meals arrived, the fish and chips had a souffle cup portion of slaw already on the plate. So I had that plus the additional side of slaw I requested. If she was on top of that, she would have let me know when I placed my order that slaw was already included in the meal. But unlike most times in life, she had a second chance when she grabbed the food to serve and saw the slaw on the plate. Instead of nixing the surperflous slaw, she presented it anyway. Not a deal breaker, but a detail a server should catch at some point!

Reviewed May 12, 2011

Not to give a left handed compliment but we didn't expect this from a neighborhood bar. We have been to Satchmo's a couple of times and the food was imaginative, well prepared and nicely presented. The filet special is a great value. Salads have been good, both side and entrees. It is easy to get to and has a comfortable non pretentious feel to it. We'll be back often.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Chesterfield, MO
Reviewed January 4, 2008

My favorite neighborhood bar. Great live music, drink specials and sampler platter :)

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook