“Best New York Style Pizza in town”

Talayna's Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Talayna's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #133 of 208 Restaurants in Chesterfield
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed March 19, 2013

If you are craving a real New York Pizza, hand tossed and using real mozzeralla cheese, not the St. Louis provel stuff, then head to Talayna's in Chesterfield. After cooking pizza for years myself, this is the best I have found. Service can be lacking at times and the restaurant needs a good cleaning, but great pizza.

There are newer reviews for Talayna's Italian Restaurant

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Flies were all around the restaurant and we even found one in one of our drinks. Before that we loved their pizza but we haven't been back for awhile.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

They have a lunch special with a personal size semi thick pizza and salad. I skipped the salad which brought it to under $5. The pizza was excellent and just the right amount of food for lunch.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

Last night my daughter and I flew to St Louis, which is my hometown. Our plane was late getting in and we were starving, so we decided to stop to eat en route to my sister's house. I was happy to see Talayna's sign, since I remember the old Talayna's fondly. We pulled up at 9:30; there was a flashing 'Open' sign outside, and the posted hours said open until 10. We walked in and the place was deserted. No staff, no customers, no one. We stood there for 5 minutes, calling out 'hello!', but no one appeared. We started to feel like we were in the opening scene of Law & Order, and if we walked behind the bar we'd find everyone dead! Suddenly the kitchen door opened, and a woman appeared and said they had decided to close early and everything was shut down in the kitchen. I suggested that maybe she should turn off the 'Open' sign if they we closed. As we drove off, I could see that it was still on. That's the last time I try to go down Memory Lane and visit Talayna's!

Reviewed April 28, 2012

I used to go to the old Talaynas in U City and was thrilled to discover this restaurant while visiting St. Louis. My cousin and I went for dinner and the atmosphere was unique with the stained glass. We were early and restaurant wasn't busy. My cousin ordered pasta and I tried the special with soup. My soup arrived cold and I sent it back. Our dinners were brought out and I didnt get what I ordered. Waitress blamed cook and by time she brought out right dinner my cousin was finished and ready to go. I expected a free meal at this point but was offerred a piece of cheesecake which I dont eat. My cousins past was good bit mine (took as takeout) was less than average. What a disappointment. Will try other location next time.