“Great lunch pizza deal.”

Talayna's Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Talayna's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #105 of 210 Restaurants in Chesterfield
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed September 4, 2012

They have a lunch special with a personal size semi thick pizza and salad. I skipped the salad which brought it to under $5. The pizza was excellent and just the right amount of food for lunch.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

Last night my daughter and I flew to St Louis, which is my hometown. Our plane was late getting in and we were starving, so we decided to stop to eat en route to my sister's house. I was happy to see Talayna's sign, since I remember the old Talayna's fondly. We pulled up at 9:30; there was a flashing 'Open' sign outside, and the posted hours said open until 10. We walked in and the place was deserted. No staff, no customers, no one. We stood there for 5 minutes, calling out 'hello!', but no one appeared. We started to feel like we were in the opening scene of Law & Order, and if we walked behind the bar we'd find everyone dead! Suddenly the kitchen door opened, and a woman appeared and said they had decided to close early and everything was shut down in the kitchen. I suggested that maybe she should turn off the 'Open' sign if they we closed. As we drove off, I could see that it was still on. That's the last time I try to go down Memory Lane and visit Talayna's!

Reviewed April 28, 2012

I used to go to the old Talaynas in U City and was thrilled to discover this restaurant while visiting St. Louis. My cousin and I went for dinner and the atmosphere was unique with the stained glass. We were early and restaurant wasn't busy. My cousin ordered pasta and I tried the special with soup. My soup arrived cold and I sent it back. Our dinners were brought out and I didnt get what I ordered. Waitress blamed cook and by time she brought out right dinner my cousin was finished and ready to go. I expected a free meal at this point but was offerred a piece of cheesecake which I dont eat. My cousins past was good bit mine (took as takeout) was less than average. What a disappointment. Will try other location next time.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

My wife and I believe they have the best Toasted Ravioli's in St. Louis. The pizza is also good. We try to visit here once every few months.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

We went to Talayna's on Saturday to celebrate my sister's birthday. We ordered a chef and house salad.
Well both were loaded with HAIR..We told the waitress(who was very inept) and she took the salad back and bought out a new salads, but we were scared to eat them at this point..because it was as if someone stoood in the back and combed their hair over the lettuce. The manager, who was there ,never bothered to come over to our table and say anything..We boxed up the new salad and took it home and low and behold when we went thru it there was hair in it too...I will never return to this NASTY/UNCLEAN place..Thinking about calling the board of health because obviously the workers don't wear hair nets!

1  Thank Synthea B