“Manhattan Meets Saint Louis”
Review of Paul Manno's Cafe

Paul Manno's Cafe
Ranked #3 of 208 Restaurants in Chesterfield
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City, New York
“Manhattan Meets Saint Louis”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

As a New Yorker, I am perhaps a bit critical when it comes to fine dining. I have learned to lower my expectations and find the good wherever I can. Anyway, when my dear friend/former roommate/sorority sister, who now lives in STL took me to "a very special restaurant," I was skeptical. We pulled into a nondescript shopping center and I secretly rolled my eyes. And then we opened the door to NYC circa mid-1960s. All that was missing was Sinatra and the rest of the Rat Pack. The ambiance, service and food all combined to create a lovely experience and shut this New Yorker right up! I loved it and highly recommend it to anyone who would like to dine at a truly special restaurant while in STL.

• Visited October 2013

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Chops from Heaven”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Went here with business associates for an after meeting dinner. Great atmosphere and the service was wonderful. The staff was very attentive, professional, and got everything right. Ordered the signature rack of lamb and if you like lamb you do not need to study the menu, this is it. They slice it into chops when served and it is unbelievable!! The best lamb I have ever had and it will be hard to ever order it anywhere else. The salad, bread, etc....all great! Worth the trip back again and again.

• Visited September 2013
Chicago
“Right up there with the Hill for Italian”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

After a day of outlet shopping, my St. Louis friend picked this place for us to have dinner on a Monday night It was packed which says volumes about their reputation. It is a "Sinatra" bar that takes you back in time, dark and cozy with twinkling white lights. The food was superb, service professional and prompt. She goes there often, and I will request we return next time I am in town.

• Visited September 2013
Belleville, Illinois
“Great dining experience”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We went here with friends and enjoyed the atmosphere and food immensely. It is hard to tell from the outside, but the inside is very intimate and pleasant. The food was very tasty and had an original approach. I've been to a lot of the other local Italian restaurants and I would put this up there with them because of the quality of the food and the wonderful tableside manner of the server.

• Visited August 2013
Saint Charles, Missouri
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The waiter or service was fake, the food was over cooked, I guess because they heated it up again some where by the table. The owners son had an attitude. The wine list was very poor. And then the waiter had the nerve to hit on my daughter. Very embarrassing I believe his name was Avery, or something like that. The atmosphere needs a good over haul. I would not recommend it to any of my friends. I have been in there many times over the years that they have been open. but I will say this will be the last time. Very disappointed. For that kind of money there are many other better restaurants to go visit.

• Visited August 2013