“Fun place for girls”

Ranked #2 of 6 Shopping in Chesterfield
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fun place for girls”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

As a Christmas gift, we took our two girls to the store. We chose this location, as we didn't want to deal with the big city of Chicago. We were impressed with the staff, as they took their jobs seriously and were upbeat and imaginative when dealing with the children.

It was very busy, as expected, on the day we went. We arrived before the store opened and others were there waiting as well. It was bustling from the minute they unlocked the doors. I can't provide much information on the Bistro since we didn't eat there, but it did look very nice.

We were a little disappointed, as we expected more to do. The salon was not as glamorous as we expected, but still nice. We spent less than an hour inside. It may be different at some of the bigger locations.

Overall, if you have kids who love American Girl Dolls, it's a nice place to visit.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Cope5

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Better than I expected”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My family planned to visit St Louis with one stop certainly being the American Girl Bistro. We had a limited amount of time, and we would be there on a Saturday, I called American Girl to make a reservation. The St Louis location is the only American Girl location that doesn't take reservations unless one were to book the higher ticketed birthday party with a minimum number of guests. That was not an option for me. I was frustrated with that policy and I still am! But of course, American Girl being what it is, I was still going to go anyway. I did tell my daughters that we might not be able to eat at the bistro. We decided to go in the evening. When we arrived, I got in line of the Bistro and to my huge surprise, the wait was just 20 minutes. We were still taking in all of the store when the pager went off and we were ready to be seated. The service was top-notch with much attention given to my daughters and their dolls. Unlike the AG cafes, the Bistro has more options to not spend a fortune. The food was great and presented in a darling fashion. The bistro was decorated beautifully. There was a party going on in the next room, but it was behind closed doors and did not take away with our time there. The staff for the entire store and bistro provided service beyond awesome!! Yes, American Girl items are pricey but for my daughters, this truly is the only thing all 3 of them have really loved. Over the years, I have focused more on the literature side of AG and not so much the material side. We enjoying the stores and the dolls, but for my family, it has been the books that has fueled our love for American Girl. We will go back to St Louis anytime!!! My suggestion, if you plan to eat there and since they don't take reservations, try to go at a non-meal time.

5 Thank Poolspadr