“I was so hoping to like this restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Tahoe Joe's - CLOSED

Tahoe Joe's
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Tahoe Joes Famous Steakhouse, Chesterfield, MO RestaurantLocated in the Chesterfield Commons shopping center17258 Chesterfield Airport RoadChesterfield, MO 63005View a map of the area Main Phone: (636) 728-1811Fax: (636) 536-0948Take-Out Phone: (636) 728-0014
Saint Louis, Missouri
“I was so hoping to like this restaurant”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Was excited to see that Tahoe Joe's was participating in the West County Restaurant week. A program featuring several restaurants in the area with a fixed price menu consisting of an appetizer, main course and dessert.
Had the shrimp appetizer. It was huge and hard to eat . "Hand coated tempura style shrimp tossed with wonton strips and peanuts". The appetizer was really filling thank goodness because I didn't eat the main course. "Choice cut sirloin, cooked to your specification" and served with Mountain Mashers and Blue Lake Green Beans. I ordered it medium rare. It came out medium. I don't understand how a steak could look medium to medium rare inside but be dry, tough and tasteless. Gave it to hubby who likes his steak well done. The huge chunks of pepper on the green beans made eat bit an adventure. Would this mouthful bite me back? The potatoes should have been washed before they were cooked. First bite was full of grit.

Hubby had the salmon. He likes his fish well done but it was raw in the center. The baked potato was HUGE and the server brought out a condiment server with sour cream, butter, bacon bits and cheese for you to select what you want on the potato.

Now on to dessert. The Ski Jump Chocolate cake was huge enough to feed 4 sugar craving teens. It was most likely the highlight of the meal.

• Visited June 2012

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Challenging Experience”
Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

We went here for lunch a little while back and found it quite challenging. Way too many stories of the reason it took an hour to get food. Open patio caused too much going on, our food being taken to another table or just too busy. What?!?! I wish I was joking about this but we waited over an hour for food. Told them if it was not there within the hour we had to leave and needed the food to go. Brought food on plates at the 1 hour 10 minute mark. We were standing up to leave. They gave us the food to go and comp'd the meal. But the excuses and service will be the reason I do not recommend this foot. Newer restaurant but work on training your staff through problems ASAP!!

St Charles, MO
“Great Customer Service!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My husband & I stopped in to Tahoe Joe's for an early dinner on a Saturday evening a couple of weeks ago. The air conditioner was broken (It was one of the first 95 degree days) and we immediately thought we would leave..but we were starving and had to go grocery shopping after so we decided to find a cooler spot in the restuarant. Over by the bar there were fans blowing down on us so we settled there and it was not too bad. The young man that waited on us was REALLY attentive to our needs and very friendly. The food was very good and had the place been cool it would have been wonderful. Even though the air was not working it was a really good meal and nice dinner. I would recommend trying it!

• Visited April 2012
St. Louis, Missouri
“Excellent New Restaurant”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We first went to Tahoe Joe's on opening weekend and loved it. We have been back several times. We have different items just to see what they taste like. For us, the serving sizes are great, and we end up taking some home. I love Joe's steaks. They are tender and have just the right smokey flavor. The ribs were perfect! We have enjoyed the salads. Service is excellent. The atmosphere is "Lake Tahoe rustic.". Join them on email and receive "specials" on a regular basis.

• Visited May 2012