“Complete disappointment”

Comfort Inn & Suites St. Louis - Chesterfield
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Chesterfield
Reviewed December 10, 2013

My family goes on an annual shopping trip each November. Each year we book a hotel that has adjoining rooms as we need 2 hotel rooms. After booking our room, I followed up multiple times with Ann, who works at the front desk, to confirm that we would have adjoining rooms for our visit. When checking into the hotel, we were told that there were no adjoining rooms available. Because a manager was not on duty that day or the next when we checked out there was nothing that could be done about the situation. I contacted the customer service manager, Adam Eldin (who happened to also be the hotel manager) that evening as his phone number was provided at the front desk. After he was done laughing about the fact that he was receiving a complaint from a hotel customer I explained situation. He offered a room with a hot tub, but considering the issue was that we did not receive the promised adjoining rooms, that did not help the situation. He said that he could offer one night stay at the hotel, but again - considering they messed up a reservation with 2 rooms - that did not suffice. I told him that I expected 2 rooms since the error affected both of our rooms. He was not able to approve that and had to contact the owner to have that approved. He was going to call me the following week. I did receive one call letting me know that he had not been able to reach the owner early the week after our stay. It then took 2 more weeks of my leaving messages and trying to contact Adam for me to be able to track him down. During this final conversation he was rude and did not seem to care if they kept customers. He relayed the message that the owner, Mike Ebert, didn't want to offer us anything and I could tell from his nonchalant tone that it didn't matter to him.

Along with the bad experience of not receiving what we were promised, the rooms were not clean, our heater did not work correctly and the breakfast was horrible.

Never will we stay there again nor would we recommend this hotel to anyone. The customer service was HORRIBLE!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank tjagjs

Reviewed December 6, 2013

had a great stay last weekend.went x-mas shopping at new outlet mall kids had a good time swimming felt really safe for the family. the staff was very helpful and the rooms were very clean and had big flat screen tv.breakfast was very good overall had a great stay .

Room Tip: less than a mile away from two outlet malls great location
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed 3 nights in this hotel and was pleased with my stay. The staff are very nice and friendly, plus very helpful. They have a great breakfast bar and also have happy hour. It is located in a safe nice area and has plenty of shopping and restaurant stores around the area. I would prefer to stay here again than other locations near St. Louis.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I do a lot of work in this area and have to stay for sometimes weeks at a time. Excellent choice. Service was fantastic. Rooms were clean and spacious. I will definitely make this particular location my home away from home.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on Saturday night and was pleasantly surprised at a lot of things about it. The location of the hotel was very close to the outlet mall and to Interstate 64. We had a very large suite room with a Jacuzzi tub which was really nice after a long day of activities. Breakfast was awesome, but there a lot of people in the breakfast area. We would definitely stayed here again in the future,

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2013

my family and I stayed over the weekend for a birthday party in town and just could not be happier with this awesome hotel. We arrived late and my youngest child smelled popcorn but it was all gone. The front desk person overheard the dilemma and promptly made a new batch just for us. Thank you Dennis! The room was clean and spacious. I think the breakfast was one of the best of any hotels. It was cold and rainy so the indoor pool was a life saver. This was a great experience and we will stay here again!!!

Room Tip: Try a mini suite or Jacuzzi suite
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

was the first odor that assailed me upon entering the room. Sure enough, there was a black Spider resting on the ceiling. I called the clerk & she promptly came & decided that we should just be given another room. She moved us to a wing that was insecticide-free, but the room was saggy & the floor corners in the bathroom were dingy, dirty, and needed attention. I'm thru w/Choice Hotels..can't count on consistently clean, tidy properties from property-to-property. As a retired, frequent traveler (pleasure) consistency (no issues) means everything.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family