Comfort Inn & Suites St. Louis - Chesterfield
Hotels.com
$124
$112
GardenInn.com
Hampton Inn St Louis/Chesterfield(Chesterfield)(Great Value!)
$124
$110
$104
$130
Agoda.com
All reviewswafflessausagesmall airportoutlet mallsix flagsabove averagevisiting familylocation is greatst louisfitness roomfresh fruitparking lotshoppingelevatorcerealspiritmicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We had stayed at this hotel before and loved it so we decided we would stay there again. It was a little out of the way but we had a jacuzzi suite before that was very spacious and we were traveling with 3 kids so we decided we would go for the extra space. I didn't get the jacuzzi suite but I did get a suite. When I checked in she said Jr. Suite which caused concern but I figured I would go check it out. It was barely any different than the standard room. We were supposed to have a rollaway bed but there wasn't a chance that it would have fit in there if I had to. I said something to lady at the check-in desk and she told the jacuzzi suites are the only rooms that are that big and she didn't have any available. I would probably even accept that but they need to change the pictures on the website because the pictures they show look like the jacuzzi suite rooms which is why I believed that the room was similar. If I wouldn't have had the false expectations I don't guess I would have been disappointed but I wouldn't have stayed there either. The breakfast is good but they really need a bigger seating area and the pool is fairly small also.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2011

While visiting relatives in SW suburb of St.Louis, we chose this Comfort Suites due to location which spared us much big-city driving. It's obviously an older property & could use some updating like newer more comfortable beds. On the plus side, our suite was spacious, AC was quiet; TV with tons of channels was best we've had anywhere. Staff was friendly & efficient. Parking was ample & hotel location was quiet in spite of being near small local airport. Breakfast was standard fare. OK. Just a few miles down the road were oodles of good restaurants & other shopping. For negatives: shower & stool area were a tiny little space, really cramped. Separate vanity had poor lighting. Room needed some deep cleaning, especially carpet. In fact elevators & common areas needed extra attention too. Didn't use the pool but having one at home, we can spot special needs. It didn't look inviting. Not sure that we'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Inquire if room is next to housekeeping, electrical room, elevator or ice machine. Check room thoroughly before unpac king anything.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wiserandolder
Reviewed January 15, 2011

Newer appearance. My wife and I needed an overnight stay in the West County area while traveling; booked this location thru Travelocity. Arrived late evening and were not able to partake of the evening snacks. The Desk Clerk was friendly accommodated preference for king over 2 queen beds. Arriving at the room, the door was propped open via the security lock; bit disconcerting to enter a dark, unlocked room.

Very comfortable bed. Room temperature regulated through the heat control settings on the A/C unit, no wall thermostat.

Most negative factor related to the lack of hot water for morning showers!! We had approx. 2 mins of hot water, followed by ~5 mins of luke warm, and then-- ice cold! The FrontDesk took our complaint, apologized, but offered no compensation because reservation was booked thru Travelocity. Later reviewed the matter via phone w/ Travelocity for a satisfactory outcome.

Indoor pool, is small, but clean. Non-smoking rooms appeared to be contained to the 3rd floor, no trace of smok(ing) in the non-smoking room on the 2nd floor.

Exceptional breakfast area, and excellent breakfast, included. Above average attention by staff to the breakfast area. This area contained a large screen TV, dated (rear projection?) annoying pink color tint. Our room had a CRT TV, not a flat panel, LCD. The TVs in this newer hotel, appeared more dated than the rest of the building.

Internet was free, but wired only, no wireless.

Overall, the hotel is a nice place to stay with easy access via east driveway entrance which has a traffic light vs. the main drive entrance.

Since I like a hot shower vs. a hot cup of coffee to get me going in the morning, I'd be hard pressed to stay here again w/o reassurances the hot-water problem has been resolved.

HINT: Using the road / driveway to the east of the property vs. the one leading directly up to the front of the hotel, has a traffic light. Exiting the hotel onto Chesterfield Ariport Rd when busy, is much easier at the traffic light.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2009

We really needed rooms for the evening we stayed there. They checked a few times as they had a group there already of a ball team tournament and finally found a room for us. The desk staff was great. A great room at a great price. We wanted non smoking at first i thought i had a smoking room as we were walking down the hall as i am highly allergic to smoke but when we reached our room it was truely smoke free. A great nights sleep. Easy checkin and check out even though we arrived around midnight no problems. A shuttle took us where we needed to be the next day free of charge. A wonderful breakfast with lots of choices. Everything was neat and clean. All hotel employees were very helpful. We even saw a bunny rabbit out our window the next am. I would do this again for the purpose we wanted which was a clean room for the night. The bed was great to sleep on. They have in room coffee maker and microwave.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank flowers52
Reviewed September 3, 2008

This hotel just wasn't up to the standard of quality that I've come to expect from Comfort Inn and Suites. Check in went fine and the girl at the front counter was very nice. The room was adequately clean and the beds were fairly comfortable. The main issue I had was that the drain in the bathtub was stopped up - leaving you standing in about 6 inches of water by the end of the shower-disgusting! - and taking another 30 minutes to drain. I called the front desk and informed them of the problem and was told someone would be sent up to fix it. We then left for the day and didn't return til late that evening. The next morning - the same problem - it hadn't been fixed. I informed the front counter person when we checked out, who told me that she didn't know if anyone had been to the room or not to fix it. This just wasn't acceptable.

The other problem was the breakfast - selection was very meager and they were constantly running out of everything. The waffle iron was supposedly not working right - we were told that the waffles were sticking too much, so no waffles. Apparently they could only heat up 6 biscuits at a time - so constantly out of those as well. Very small selection of donuts and bagels, and out of coffee, creamer, forks, etc. You get the picture. The trash cans were overflowing and the tables were dirty. There was only one person trying to do all the preparation, stocking, cleaning etc and she just couldn't keep up.

So, this stay wasn't a pleasant one and I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone else.

Stayed: August 2008