“Excellent Hotel!”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Chesterfield
Little Rock, AR
“Excellent Hotel!”
Reviewed July 28, 2009

I really enjoyed my stay at the Residence Inn! This was our first trip to St. Louis and we were going to explore and visit Six Flags. This hotel was very clean, spacious - especially when your traveling with young ones. The breakfast is DELICIOUS! It's not your average complimentary breakfast, this hotel actually serves a deluxe type breakfast! They have basketball courts, swimming pool and I absolutely loved how they are built like apartment homes. They also have a computer and printer for public use which was very convenient for us! Everything about this hotel was GREAT!! And the location was perfect! If I go back to St. Louis, I will be staying here again!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
MattFelling, General manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel St Louis - Chesterfield, responded to this review, August 5, 2009
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Illinois
Reviewed July 24, 2009

That's really the reason why I'm writing this review. I've stayed in dozens of hotels, and this is the best hotel bed ever!! I believe it's down or down alternative bedding. If you're OK with being farther away from the city attractions, this is the place to go. For $60 a night, it's so worth it!! It's a quiet location (away from airport), and there's a lot to do on hotel property. Outdoor pool is large, with a lane for serious swimmers :) Also close to a great mall with lots of shops & a movie theater!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed July 1, 2009

This is my second time staying here because this is where our company suggests when traveling to SL.

The doors aren't insulated, so you can hear everything going on in the hallway! I normally don't sleep with the air on as I get cold easily. The only way I could attempt any sleep was with the air conditioner going full blast to drown out the hallway noise.

The food is WAY overpriced. It's ok food, not worth the high cost.

I woke up in the middle of the night ripping all of the sheets off as I swear I felt bugs biting me! In fact, I even had a bite on my ankle!

I stayed 3 nights this trip and cannot wait to get outta here, so I can get some SLEEP!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank jewelsnoel1977
Indianapolis
Reviewed June 28, 2009

We booked on hotwire for 57 a night and were pleased with the rate. Our room was near the stairs but not near an elevator or any other loud device as some other reviews mentioned.

The room was clean. It was unspectacular in terms of decor, comfort and space; not bad, just not noteworthy.
There is no fridge in the room, which seems to be standard on pricier hotels.

Likes: Really just the price.

Dislikes:
-I was having trouble finding the place. I called the hotel. After the automated system said it would transfer me to the hotel operator, the phone ring for 13 minutes until I finally went to a different hotel to ask for directions to the Doubletree. (Full disclosure, it was after midnight.)

- This place hits you with hidden charges every chance it gets. It is the sort of behavior you would expect from a budget hotel in a small town, not a major hotel in a nice part of town. EXAMPLES:
1. Internet, $10 a day. Really. The MOTEL 6 give you FREE INTERNET, but not the doubletree. This is just tacky, internet has been a gimme at hotels for years now. (Side note- it is free in the lobby, the charge is for the rooms. I am on the 7th floor and I am writing this review right now on their free lobby internet from my room.)
2. The fitness center looked great but they charge over $10 a person to use it.
3. Food. I know that hotel food is not cheap, but look at all the shady hidden charges : 17% auto gratuity + 5% administrative charge + $4 "in-room dinning charge." Then look at the Chesterfield sales tax of 7.075%.
Here is some math. If you just wanted an order of pancakes here is what you would pay:
Pancake price on menu: $11
17% gratuity: $1.87
5% admin: $.55
$4 delivery fee.
Subtotal= $17.42
+ tax of $1.23
and your GRAND TOTAL is $18.65 for PANCAKES, which were listed at $11.

I have not problem with places charging what they want, but increase the price to over 150% of what you list is dishonest and unbecoming a nicer establishment.

This should be beneath Hilton and Doubletree.

Take your money somewhere with more integrity.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank mickcollins
VA
Reviewed June 14, 2009

From the minute I arrived the service was amazing! From the bellman, Gary, to the director of convention services, Steve, everyone on the staff made 100% effort to make my stay perfection.
The rooms were comfortable, with nice fluffy down pillows and I was well rested for my early morning meetings.
The surrounding area has great shopping and restaurants without the hassle of excessive traffic.
The added bonus of a first class tennis facility and the best gym I have ever experienced in a hotel made my business trip relaxing and fun.
I can't wait to travel back to the Chesterfield Doubletree! I am going to look for reasons to come back for business or pleasure!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
New York
Reviewed April 26, 2009

The check-in woman was rude and also kept making errors – ditto for the check-out woman. My room was not soundproofed, and you could clearly hear even normal-volume people next door and in the hallway. The room was dusty, and the upholstered chairs threadbare and stained, and the shower curtain very snagged. The bathroom smelled mildewed. The service at breakfast was weirdly awful; my silverware and napkin disappeared in my one trip to the buffet, and it took 45 minutes for coffee to arrive though there were only a few occupied tables. The wireless internet connection was unreliable. The toiletries were fine, though, and the welcome cookie delicious. The room was also very well laid out, possibly my favorite of anywhere I’ve stayed in the USA, Europe, or Asia. However, overall I was so disappointed I left early to stay elsewhere, and canceled my remaining reservations at all Hilton-owned hotels.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Lori S
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed April 14, 2009

My husband booked this hotel on Hotwire and received a very reasonable rate. After reading some of the previous reviews here, after he had already booked, I wasn't sure what to expect, since some were favorable and some, not so much. However, opinions are just that and are subjective to the eye of the beholder.

Thankfully, we were pleasantly surprised and very pleased with this hotel. We received delicious hot cookies upon check-in, to the delight of our teenage daughter and myself and the room was comfortable and attractive. We were only here to spend the night, after a long day of visiting with friends, and it was a quiet, peaceful place to rest and fully met our expectations.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family